Creating a mod. I have a dialogue issue in one spot...

chajapa

As topic says. 

I have dialogue-based quest with a follower. All through the quest, the dialogue works fine. Multiple infos display one after another in topics that have them, scripting works, everything fine....right up until the end of this stage (second last stage. Right before the final stage)

Dialogue progresses fine. I run a script that makes her a Milk Maid (for Milk Mod Economy) and then next topic run a script that makes changes to her body using NiOverride. At some point in there, the topics don't continue as expected. HER dialogue doesn't show up. MINE does... and if I click on my dialogue it seems to force it to the next topic, BUT...again, her dialogue doesn't display (I do have "force subtitles" box checked in all of these).

I'm getting close to having the basics of this mod fleshed out (no pun intended) and this series of dialogues is important.

And, of course, now that I'm writing this, it occurs to me that I changed the structure of a dialogue branch...adding topics between existing topics.. and maybe I just need to redo the sequence file...

I'll give that a try and report back if that fixes it.

OK...well generating the SEQ file didn't help. I may have to go in and redo that part of the quest dialogue. Break it into pieces such that if a script is causing a problem, then it happens at the end of a topic.... hmmmm...

OK... didn't have to do that. For some reason, giving her a health potion via script so that I would have swirly magic effect, interrupted something. I edited out that potion and everything works from there on again.

Goofiness. 

Archived