CTD when equipping armor.

When I tried to equip the top of this mod, I got a Crash Fixes popup (sorta after a lot of messing around just so I can actually see the popup) saying that there's a problem, probably with the meshes of it.

I have the latest XMPSE skeleton, and have all requirements of using that, including FNIS, which I have run when I reinstalled a lot of mods.

The mod in question is found here: graviczapa.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/graviczapa-arabian-nights.html?zx=9782ff784d6e3968

(I know it's in Russian, but I did make an english esp of it, but I messed with it a tad to change the turbans into just veils, and change a few slots to how they should be. But I digress)

I equipped the top, and there was a sound indicating a fault, and then the popup thing occured.

Can somebody please help me? Or at least provide a DL with the meshes that don't cause CTD's when equipping.

Thank you.

Edit: Added a pic of the crash fixes popup.

post-167058-0-63682900-1498286285_thumb.png

Looks like this [top] mesh have a skinned bone node that your skeleton does not have ( top with hdt maybe) or you did something inside the mesh.Look in Nifskope the original file and your custom one, observe what bone nodes it has in its group.You might accidentally deleted some nodes or skin instance.   

Looks like this [top] mesh have a skinned bone node that your skeleton does not have ( top with hdt maybe) or you did something inside the mesh.Look in Nifskope the original file and your custom one, observe what bone nodes it has in its group.You might accidentally deleted some nodes or skin instance.   

I actually haven't touched anything within the mesh, to be honest. Just the turbans. And changed the pants' slots, but that's it.

I was thinking of maybe reinstalling XMPSE and realistic ragdolls and see what happens.

EDIT: Definitely a mesh problem, and reinstalling the above did nothing.

I actually haven't touched anything within the mesh, to be honest. Just the turbans. And changed the pants' slots, but that's it.

I was thinking of maybe reinstalling XMPSE and realistic ragdolls and see what happens.

EDIT: Definitely a mesh problem, and reinstalling the above did nothing.

realistic ragdolls is a modded skeleton file.It may not contain bone nodes that are rigged to turban meshes.Install XPMSE only and test it.

I've been messing around with the meshes, and I haven't found a proper solution yet, but I did find the cause of the problem. (I think.)

The body mesh equipped to the outfit. (And maybe the butt + belly nodes too.)

I removed all of them and tried equipping it. It worked, but it made my character's body disappear. No CTD at all, which is a good start.

Now to figure out how to eliminate the problem while keeping the body shown.

EDIT: Not the butt + belly nodes. Just the body mesh itself. Still can't figure out why it's causing a CTD.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Old topic, but found the fix if anyone needs it. Basically, a mod has overwritten your skeleton. Best way to tell (or this has been my experience) is run FNIS and look at bone count at the beginning of the register. If you see "Female (129 bones) Male (129 bones)" , that is the issue. Basically, you have to remove XP32 and SOS (if running both), run FNIS after that, then re-install both and run FNIS again. If bone count is now 115, you should be good. You will probably need to re-install any idle, walk or combat animations as well, just always choose to NOT overwrite your skeleton.

12 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Old topic, but found the fix if anyone needs it. Basically, a mod has overwritten your skeleton. Best way to tell (or this has been my experience) is run FNIS and look at bone count at the beginning of the register. If you see "Female (129 bones) Male (129 bones)" , that is the issue. Basically, you have to remove XP32 and SOS (if running both), run FNIS after that, then re-install both and run FNIS again. If bone count is now 115, you should be good. You will probably need to re-install any idle, walk or combat animations as well, just always choose to NOT overwrite your skeleton.

What absolute nonsense.

It used to be 115 bones but that was several versions of XPMSE ago (maybe 12 months and before Baka got involved).

This is my bone count as it has been for the aforementioned 12 months or so.

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones).

If something has overwritten XPMSE (XP32 is a completely different and obsolete skeleton) then you only have to reinstall XPMSE. Reinstalling SOS will not do any good whatsoever.

You will not have to reinstall any animations at all.

If you are using MNC you might want to have a read of the instructions on the MNC  description page about what should or should not be overwriting the skellie.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:08 PM, Grey Cloud said:

What absolute nonsense.

It used to be 115 bones but that was several versions of XPMSE ago (maybe 12 months and before Baka got involved).

This is my bone count as it has been for the aforementioned 12 months or so.

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones).

If something has overwritten XPMSE (XP32 is a completely different and obsolete skeleton) then you only have to reinstall XPMSE. Reinstalling SOS will not do any good whatsoever.

You will not have to reinstall any animations at all.

If you are using MNC you might want to have a read of the instructions on the MNC  description page about what should or should not be overwriting the skellie.

You are right on part of that, I did forget to note I was still running an older version, so the default bone count would be different.

However, I did these steps just recently and it did fix the issue for me. Just because you feel an answer is wrong doesn't mean it won't work.

1 hour ago, kdoggg1971 said:

However, I did these steps just recently and it did fix the issue for me. Just because you feel an answer is wrong doesn't mean it won't work.

Just because you think those steps fixed it doesn't mean that they did. The fact remains that if some other mod has overwritten XPMSE (and this was nothing to do with the OP's problem) then you have no need to remove and reinstall SOS or any animations.