BIJIN NPCs - Hair Edit Project (MAVEN)

hey all - just trying to change Maven's hair to Tonilla's hair in CK. when I load Bijin NPCs in CK and select Maven and click "preview" her head/face is a vanilla face. why doesn't the mod face show up in preview? I changed her hair and CTRL-F4 her face texture and went in game and her face was ugly vanilla. wut am I doing wrong? is it bijin NPC mod? there has got to be something I'm missing... any help?

post-1071799-0-67007400-1498177525_thumb.jpg

Simple explanation is that ck is limited to npc edits the same as the vanilla game can edit your character, so if npc was created using tools like racemenu or ece ck cannot duplicate it nor load the custom head and face parts that don't exist in the race data. It does not load the character data from the existing face gen for the character it loads default parts as they exist in the mesh and texture files.

Simple explanation is that ck is limited to npc edits the same as the vanilla game can edit your character, so if npc was created using tools like racemenu or ece ck cannot duplicate it nor load the custom head and face parts that don't exist in the race data. It does not load the character data from the existing face gen for the character it loads default parts as they exist in the mesh and texture files.

ooooooOOOoooooh... man thanx for the info. so there is no way for me to do what i'm attempting...

It's possible but it's a lot of work for a hairstyle change, and it may not be possible if you don't have all the tools used to originally create the npc. You might be able to just change the hair and head part if needed using nifmerge, I've never used it like that so I'm not sure what you would end up with.

It's possible but it's a lot of work for a hairstyle change, and it may not be possible if you don't have all the tools used to originally create the npc. You might be able to just change the hair and head part if needed using nifmerge, I've never used it like that so I'm not sure what you would end up with.

ty - i might take a shot at it with nifmerge but it will probably end in miserable failure... :lol:

Archived