BOOBS, or not...

I just don't understand it, everyone loves boobs, I know I do, yet boobs can be very deceiving sometimes, especially on Skyrim. I have followed the directions clearly, checked and double checked, and yes triple checked, but whatever I do I just can't get them right.

Actually, on most of my companions they are right, but every time I kill a female and loot her, her breasts are like a runway, sticking way up or way down, NOT normal boobs. I use CBBE, XPMSE, ragdolls, and all CBBE compatible armor, but it just doesn't seem to be correct.

I know I am probably the 100,000,000th person to ask about this, but if you have any sympathy for me, please help.

Below are my mods taken from MO:

I can't even get a spoiler right...EDIT:Could it be because I chose a certain body type (slim) and they are a different type? But that doesn't make sense because some of my companions are a different type, I just have no clue.[spoiler]Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmDawnguard.esmHearthFires.esmDragonborn.esmUnofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.espWM Flora Fixes.espApachiiHair.esmRaceCompatibility.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.espCutting Room Floor.espSkyUI.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espIcePenguinWorldMap.espFISS.espSkyTweak.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Weightless).espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Food (Weightless).espWeapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.espComplete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.espFNIS.espFNIS_PCEA2.espFNISSexyMove.espRaceMenuMorphsCBBE.espXPMSE.espCharacterMakingExtender.espRemodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.espRemodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.espNordicSkaalHeavyFalmerWeightFix.espUFO - Dawnguard AddOn.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Miscellaneous.espSunRune.espUFO - Dragonborn AddOn.espEnhancedCharacterEdit.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Books.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Ingredients.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espGoT_Sigils.espChesko_WearableLantern.espBlitzConsoleCommandsMCM.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espConvenient Horses.espConvenient Horses - Faster Sprint.espUnreadBooksGlow.espUIExtensions.espCraftable Arrows v1.2.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (Ranked).espDr_Bandolier.espRemodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.espOCR-Fixes.espOCR-PEBR-PE-SKY+DLC.espSkyCompleteLegendary.espAmbriel.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - Patch.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espImmersive Weapons.espAuroraFollower.espCloaks.espSMIM-Merged-All.espDead Body Collision.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.espimp_helm_legend.espRiversideLodge.espUFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.espAtlas Legendary.espUFOtweakV2_Move_it_Back_Off_Closer_Together.espHeadbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espAutoHarvest2.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espRecorder Follower Base.espUFO - Heartfire AddOn.espPlayerHomeMapMarkers.espFNISspells.espOCR-PEBR-BR-SKY+DLC.espHothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esphothtrooper44_ArmorPatch.espKate.espKate - AnimPack SeveNBase.espHarvestOverhaul.espHarvestOverhaulCreatures.espRemodeled Armor - Underwear.espAradia Lace Dress.esptes5merged.espBashed Patch, 0.esp[/spoiler]

Side note - as a personal opinion, you can get rid of the HighRez DLC because there's much better looking ones out there. And it'll save you one or two mod slots.

Not entirely accurate (not that there's better looking ones out there, but the "saving you couple of slots" thing).  If using Mod Organizer, you  can disable to the esps and let MO handle the .bsa files.  It's a setting in MO to let MO manage bsa (basically treating them as loose files).  So you can have the HiRez DLCS, but not take up the 3 mod slots (same with the UHRP, if you have it installed).  In fact, any mod where the esp is an empty esp just to order the bsa, you can disable it (however, don't do that with the SOSRaceMenu.esp - that one needs to stay active)   So it doesn't hurt a thing to have the HRDLCs then.  Check the documentation.

"...her breasts are like a runway, sticking way up or way down, NOT normal boobs"  I don't really understand what you mean. Do you mean spazzy shaped? If they're spazzy, do what Sarge said above. Many people install the XPMSE skeleton, then install other things that sometimes overwrite that skeleton which can cause a lot of weird problems.

Or do you mean they look oddly shaped? If so, I didn't see BodySlide in your load order. Maybe I missed it. Downloadable bodies don't look real to me because the boobs are always too high on the chest, nips pointing to the clouds...just weird.  Is that what you're getting at?

If you're not using BodySlide, then when you see a character with armor on, that character has a body shape that was made by the armor creator. So when you take the armor off, now YOUR in-game "generic" body shows up. All NPCs use the same body meshes in "Data/meshes/actors/character/charcter assets".

For example, you have the Ambriel Follower. If you use BodySlide, you could make up a body with huge boobs and put those body mesh .nif files into separate her clothes / armor directory.  However, when you saw her in-game, she'd still have just regular boobs because the clothes she's wearing were made for her with regular boobs  - and not sized to fit the new body you just made. Take her clothes off and BAM! Big boobs! 

Again, if they're spazzy, it's prolly due to your skeleton. If you just don't like how the look in general, that's easily fixable.

BTW, you might wanna also straighten out your load order a bit. You load two UFO patches, then UFO, then another patch.

Side note - as a personal opinion, you can get rid of the HighRez DLC because there's much better looking ones out there. And it'll save you one or two mod slots.

Not entirely accurate (not that there's better looking ones out there, but the "saving you couple of slots" thing).  If using Mod Organizer, you  can disable to the esps and let MO handle the .bsa files.  It's a setting in MO to let MO manage bsa (basically treating them as loose files).  So you can have the HiRez DLCS, but not take up the 3 mod slots (same with the UHRP, if you have it installed).  In fact, any mod where the esp is an empty esp just to order the bsa, you can disable it (however, don't do that with the SOSRaceMenu.esp - that one needs to stay active)   So it doesn't hurt a thing to have the HRDLCs then.  Check the documentation.

I'll test this out later, I understand what you are saying, I just don't fully understand how to do it yet. Right now I'm not worried about conserving mod slots, more worried about preventing ctd's. I recently got back in to Skyrim, and have been having many ctd issues, I have restarted three times now, and this is my last restart, if I encounter issues, I will work through it.

"...her breasts are like a runway, sticking way up or way down, NOT normal boobs"  I don't really understand what you mean. Do you mean spazzy shaped? If they're spazzy, do what Sarge said above. Many people install the XPMSE skeleton, then install other things that sometimes overwrite that skeleton which can cause a lot of weird problems.

Or do you mean they look oddly shaped? If so, I didn't see BodySlide in your load order. Maybe I missed it. Downloadable bodies don't look real to me because the boobs are always too high on the chest, nips pointing to the clouds...just weird.  Is that what you're getting at?

If you're not using BodySlide, then when you see a character with armor on, that character has a body shape that was made by the armor creator. So when you take the armor off, now YOUR in-game "generic" body shows up. All NPCs use the same body meshes in "Data/meshes/actors/character/charcter assets".

For example, you have the Ambriel Follower. If you use BodySlide, you could make up a body with huge boobs and put those body mesh .nif files into separate her clothes / armor directory.  However, when you saw her in-game, she'd still have just regular boobs because the clothes she's wearing were made for her with regular boobs  - and not sized to fit the new body you just made. Take her clothes off and BAM! Big boobs! 

Again, if they're spazzy, it's prolly due to your skeleton. If you just don't like how the look in general, that's easily fixable.

BTW, you might wanna also straighten out your load order a bit. You load two UFO patches, then UFO, then another patch.

I will post an image when I encounter what I'm talking about, I was trying to be funny, but I guess what I was trying to say is that they tend to be very long, shooting out from the body, not collapsed, so I would have to say oddly shaped, but also spazzy, lol, if that makes sense.

I do have BodySlide but haven't used it yet more than just to open it and have a look around. I've been more focused on getting a stable game going. I do understand what you are talking about with the armor and without armor, I learned this by messing around in my last playthrough - or in Oblivion a long time ago maybe.

As for the skeleton, I am using the one that is recommended by everything I have read, though I am using the newest version (3.94) which is the only one listed in downloads. I am also using LOOT, which is why the UFO is ordered like it is, and if anything is overwriting XPMSE it is because of LOOT.

I just realized the mods listed are the ones in the right column and not the ones in the left column (in MO - the plugins only), so not every mod I have is listed.

Thank you for these tips, I may try rearranging things in my load order to see if that fixes anything. I created this thread out of frustration, and I appreciate your help. I will try to post an image soon.

I am using both RaceMenu and Enhanced Character Edit, on the XP32 page under requirements RaceMenu users only require the 3.4.5 version only, and Enhanced Character Edit requires NetImmerse Override Standalone 3.4.4 or newer, so maybe by using both this was causing a conflict? As I had all of this installed at the same time.

I no longer play with Skyrim (got seriously bored to death with it - I mean, so bored I went and played Dragon Age:  Inquisition bored...) so some info I provide may be not as up-to-date.  As mentioned above, cleaning up the load order is primary.  Use LOOT to get a basic load order, then adjust based on the a mods info (some mods require to be last, although if you have 2 mods that have to be last, which one goes last, last - right?)

The next thing to look at is your left pane, which is the install order.  Since MO handle these as separate from the load order, they don't always match the right-pane load order.  Set them to match to begin with.  The priority column is the order.  Make sure to sort the left pane by Priority, then adjust the order of the left pane to match the load order in the right pane.  Again, this is the starting point.  Then you must make the most important change - move the XPMSE install in the left pane to the HIGHEST priority, but just above your merged patch and bashed patch (since you should be sorting by priority, it should be last).  This will make sure that regardless of what mod install their own skeletons, the XPMSE will overwrite them.  This should get rid of most of the boob-stretching you see.  Boobs spazzing out (vibrating, etc) while moving has other source for those problems (there are many fixes out there - search here and Nexus).

With CTDs, there are many sources depending on where you CTD (loading, disrobing, crossing cell boundaries, etc).  One thing to look at is ENBBoost (search Nexus).  It allows you to use more system memory for textures and such.  This may help with memory related crashing.  Don't know if you already have it (it won't show up in a load order) but it helps.

I no longer play with Skyrim (got seriously bored to death with it - I mean, so bored I went and played Dragon Age:  Inquisition bored...) so some info I provide may be not as up-to-date.  As mentioned above, cleaning up the load order is primary.  Use LOOT to get a basic load order, then adjust based on the a mods info (some mods require to be last, although if you have 2 mods that have to be last, which one goes last, last - right?)

The next thing to look at is your left pane, which is the install order.  Since MO handle these as separate from the load order, they don't always match the right-pane load order.  Set them to match to begin with.  The priority column is the order.  Make sure to sort the left pane by Priority, then adjust the order of the left pane to match the load order in the right pane.  Again, this is the starting point.  Then you must make the most important change - move the XPMSE install in the left pane to the HIGHEST priority, but just above your merged patch and bashed patch (since you should be sorting by priority, it should be last).  This will make sure that regardless of what mod install their own skeletons, the XPMSE will overwrite them.  This should get rid of most of the boob-stretching you see.  Boobs spazzing out (vibrating, etc) while moving has other source for those problems (there are many fixes out there - search here and Nexus).

With CTDs, there are many sources depending on where you CTD (loading, disrobing, crossing cell boundaries, etc).  One thing to look at is ENBBoost (search Nexus).  It allows you to use more system memory for textures and such.  This may help with memory related crashing.  Don't know if you already have it (it won't show up in a load order) but it helps.

Ok, I will mess with install order, right now XPMSE is almost at the very top (28 out of 201) because I already did what you said and matched the left pane with the right pane.

When I first decided to start up Skyrim again, I knew I was going to heavily mod, so I used the beginners guide linked here, so I have LOOT, Wrye Bash, TES5edit, BodySlide & Outfit Studio, and FNIS all setup through MO - and I only use these as tools and follow the strictest instructions because TES5edit scares me, lol. I also have ENBoost.

"...and if anything is overwriting XPMSE it is because of LOOT."  Nope. LOOT doesn't overwrite or allow anything to overwrite anything, just moves shit around. Other mods can overwrite skeletons and if one isn't paying attention, can mess it up. With that said, I doubt your load order really has anything to do with weird boobs. Sounds like a skeleton or perhaps an HDT issue.  Reinstalling XPSME first would be a good start. Certainly can't hurt.

I am using both RaceMenu and Enhanced Character Edit, on the XP32 page under requirements RaceMenu users only require the 3.4.5 version only, and Enhanced Character Edit requires NetImmerse Override Standalone 3.4.4 or newer, so maybe by using both this was causing a conflict? As I had all of this installed at the same time.  Just so you know, NIO is bundled with RaceMenu, so you prolly don't need NIO installed also. But I don't use ECE, so Idk...   Again, this would have nothing to do with your boob issue.

"I've been more focused on getting a stable game going."  Really? Looks like you've got a whole lotta shit in there other than just stuff for a stable game. Hehehe...  :)   I'm kidding...

An image will certainly help.

"...and if anything is overwriting XPMSE it is because of LOOT."  Nope. LOOT doesn't overwrite or allow anything to overwrite anything, just moves shit around. Other mods can overwrite skeletons and if one isn't paying attention, can mess it up. With that said, I doubt your load order really has anything to do with weird boobs. Sounds like a skeleton or perhaps an HDT issue.  Reinstalling XPSME first would be a good start. Certainly can't hurt.

I am using both RaceMenu and Enhanced Character Edit, on the XP32 page under requirements RaceMenu users only require the 3.4.5 version only, and Enhanced Character Edit requires NetImmerse Override Standalone 3.4.4 or newer, so maybe by using both this was causing a conflict? As I had all of this installed at the same time.  Just so you know, NIO is bundled with RaceMenu, so you prolly don't need NIO installed also. But I don't use ECE, so Idk...   Again, this would have nothing to do with your boob issue.

"I've been more focused on getting a stable game going."  Really? Looks like you've got a whole lotta shit in there other than just stuff for a stable game. Hehehe...  :)   I'm kidding...

An image will certainly help.

Ok, I searched all over google for an image as an example as to what I'm talking about, but I couldn't find many, all I found was tons of images of proper working breasts, go figure. The closest I could find was this here but what is happening with her stomach was happening to both breasts. Although, I am thinking my issue might be resolved by changing the order in the left column of XMPSE from the top to the bottom. I haven't encountered any real female enemies yet, but I have a couple silver hands (from the immersive creatures mod I think) and theirs were right except missing nipples (as designed I think).

EDIT:

THIS is closer.

SOLVED

It was the load order of the XPMSE Skeleton, moving it to the bottom worked. There are no nipples on anyone except my companions (which is perfectly ok), but the breasts are normal, and they even bounce properly (when kicking the corpse).

Thank you all for your help.

SOLVED

It was the load order of the XPMSE Skeleton, moving it to the bottom worked. There are no nipples on anyone except my companions (which is perfectly ok), but the breasts are normal, and they even bounce properly (when kicking the corpse).

Strange, but apparently something was messing with the skeleton. Hmm, gotta remember that one. No nipples?

SOLVED

Strange, but apparently something was messing with the skeleton. Hmm, gotta remember that one. No nipples?

I'll get around to posting a screenshot later.

SOLVED

yP6f5bN.jpg

SOLVED

yP6f5bN.jpg

???

Archived