(REQUEST) Robot Happiness Fix

Somebody should make a mod which raises max robot happiness from 50% to 100%. You can't have robotic supply lines without dipping your overall happiness. This is stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

It is also there probably to stop you getting the 100% happiness achievement as soon as you get graygarden.

And you can as the machinists lair is a pretty crappy settlement as no food or water can be aquired there unless you assign a supply line to it, but you can use it as a supply line base for just the robots, build them and send them to the other settlements, outpost zimoja would work as another supply centre as that settlement is also pretty small and oddly shaped.

My concern is this: I use protectrons as provisioner. Now even though these robots spend most of their time on the road and outside of the settlement they still affect settlement happiness, reducing it by a factor. I certainly don't want to cheat and I don't want to lose the robot provisioner hence the request. Ideally the mod would do something like this: 

1.  Disable provisioners affecting total settlement happiness
  2. Either remove robot happiness effect or allow them to reach 100% happiness
  • if the latter, then the mod should provide robot specific settlement objects (Maybe protectron sleep pods, repair shops, etc.) to assist in this matter.

Here's hoping. 

My concern is this: I use protectrons as provisioner. Now even though these robots spend most of their time on the road and outside of the settlement they still affect settlement happiness, reducing it by a factor. I certainly don't want to cheat and I don't want to lose the robot provisioner hence the request. Ideally the mod would do something like this: 

• if the latter, then the mod should provide robot specific settlement objects (Maybe protectron sleep pods, repair shops, etc.) to assist in this matter.

Here's hoping. 

That would be something worth having, a buildable object that lowers or changes the robots effect on settlement happiness, to be honest though I would expect robots to make settlements happier, after all that means somebody is no longer having to dig and root around in the dirt farming or doing whatever, unless of course the unhappiness is due to the settler no longer having anything to do.

Either way I have not seen such a mod, and it sounds easy enough to do, the ck/xedit does my head in for this game trying to get craftable objects to work.  For me they sometimes work othertimes they do not, which is damn annoying,

Here's hoping. 

That would be something worth having, a buildable object that lowers or changes the robots effect on settlement happiness, to be honest though I would expect robots to make settlements happier, after all that means somebody is no longer having to dig and root around in the dirt farming or doing whatever, unless of course the unhappiness is due to the settler no longer having anything to do.

Either way I have not seen such a mod, and it sounds easy enough to do, the ck/xedit does my head in for this game trying to get craftable objects to work.  For me they sometimes work othertimes they do not, which is damn annoying,

I agree with you, robots doing some of the harder, more physical or more tedious jobs would make people more happy. I dont get the decision to make them locked at 50 or even why they count as population. Its not too far from having turrets count as settlers.

I agree with you, robots doing some of the harder, more physical or more tedious jobs would make people more happy. I dont get the decision to make them locked at 50 or even why they count as population. Its not too far from having turrets count as settlers.

Hmm, that would make sense, change robots so that instead of counting as settlers for happiness they act more like dogs or something, give a small increase not too much though as you would then just spam build crapbots for the bonus.

Hmm, that would make sense, change robots so that instead of counting as settlers for happiness they act more like dogs or something, give a small increase not too much though as you would then just spam build crapbots for the bonus.

Maybe a max bonus per settlement for assignments? Robots can add a max of 5 defense or 6 food? That doesnt make sense though. It would be very cool in my opinion if their state as settler or not was tied to their personality subroutine. If you turn it on they act as a settler, if you turn it off and assign to defense they add 5 defense but strand idle until an attack and maybe if assigned to a farm each robot would need an equal number of people or the dumb robot wont know what to do, so a person and robot can produce 12 food at the cost of 1 settler spot. Hmmm, so many ideas, so little skill....

Robot settlers consume oil and scrap somehow? Not count against food and water but need items in the workshop to keep working, if you run out they stop where they stand and you lose the resource they were working.

Maybe a max bonus per settlement for assignments? Robots can add a max of 5 defense or 6 food? That doesnt make sense though. It would be very cool in my opinion if their state as settler or not was tied to their personality subroutine. If you turn it on they act as a settler, if you turn it off and assign to defense they add 5 defense but strand idle until an attack and maybe if assigned to a farm each robot would need an equal number of people or the dumb robot wont know what to do, so a person and robot can produce 12 food at the cost of 1 settler spot. Hmmm, so many ideas, so little skill....

Robot settlers consume oil and scrap somehow? Not count against food and water but need items in the workshop to keep working, if you run out they stop where they stand and you lose the resource they were working.

Max bonus would work well, after all if there are too many robots nobody has anything to do which would no doubt be boring as hell, long term anyway.

Problem with them consuming some resource is that how are they still working now unless somebody has been in effect feeding them, and if they were doing so where the hell are they when you see those wandering around the cities, though making charging pods a requirement something like beds for the settlers would work, that way it would just assume that the pod does the work, and it would explain the robots wandering around the city, they just head back to their pods when damaged or needing supply, you just do not see them doing it.

After all protectrons come across as stupid as bricks, thought the mr handy, and asaultrons do seem quite smart, sentry bots well the view on them is so so, as they do not tend to talk too often, though the captain is smart well he comes across as it, though it could well be one of the odd things, in the fact the robots get smarter the longer they are active, and for the most part all the protectrons we find are in pods for the most part.

And yup, like you lots of ideas but no skill, and no real time to learn said skills either.

Archived