Evy Race CM Companions Laika & Miyu

Yeah, I noticed it the first time I went to the Arboretum to recruit the girls. Laika was practising her magic in typical CM fashion.

The spell has an extremely scaled graphical effect, probably to reflect the uber-nature of the Evys' magic. It's one of the two Evy race-specific Lesser Powers, the protection/healing/mega-buffing spell.

With Triratna's magic effect graphics replacer I'm using it's a rather impressive sight. Like a benevolent atomic blast so to speak.

If it's slowing down your framerate too much, deleting the ability altogether is an option to consider as the girls don't really need it anyway.

O_O That's bad. A mod conflict, a load order problem... First try placing the mod in different positions, preferably below all installed race mods. It will also help to post your load order, though I'm certainly not such an expert to easily deduct possible conflicts just from looking at the list.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem my game keeps crashing on start up with this' date=' I have cm partners and this file, but still crashes, wat am I doing wrong?

[/quote']

Make sure that this file is below all of the CM partners esp files. If you have a bashed patch, you may need to rebuild it.

Don't know if it's necessary to have it all the way down at the bottom, in my load order it's certainly below all other companion and NPC mods. Normally a crash on startup is a sure sign for a missing master file, 'CM Partners' in this case. There might be a lot of other factors involved.

In all this time I never noticed a problem with the mod even with those two target-less AI packages still included.

Now I've deleted them just to see if it helps and additionally checked the esp again in TES4Edit (0 ITM, 0 UDR):

CM Laika & Miyu.esp - I will update the first post with this new esp as well.

One day I'll get rid of the whole CM system for good and remove all my companion mods' dependency on it. Many of the CM packages are just annoying and cause general weirdness. Yesterday I summoned a weaponless catgirl to a new player home, just to see her doing... Something. Then she pulled out the Ebony Blade and started her CM melee combat practice routine with it. When I MCS-looked at her inventory, she had three weapons in there which she had taken from two different display cases located one floor below! 'Find Weapon' package to the extreme.

All taken in one single instant without any real need for three weapons at once - one of them is even unplayable, only a decorative item...

• 2 months later...

I use MCS intead of cm, i think is more useful, so i might transform your characters in normal npcs to be recruited with MCS instead, and when not adventuring you can tell them to relax on your skingrad mansion and do everyday stuff like talking with Eyja or Mina my vampire dunmer maid (based on the pale lady i made recruitable and pretty), eating all the food in the cabinets or swim on the interior pool a certain mod adds :3, evy hair... and i tough that race had no redeeming stuff... gotta dissasemble it and add it to MBP

• 4 weeks later...

You are absolutely correct. Very probably the 'Goddess Store' was checked in the CS when I opened the 'L & M' esp for that recent edit because I'm currently messing around with that mod... Silly me, what a foolish and sloppy mistake. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

I've ran the mod through the Gecko and removed this dependency. So much for the "final edit" I spoke of. Sorry for the inconvenience to the people who have downloaded the recent version so far, now I have replaced that faulty esp with the cleaned version. The crashes from the previous versions were certainly related to other (hopefully resolved by now) issues with the mod since that 'Goddess Store' master file dependency was only introduced with the recent edit.

• 4 months later...
sorry for my awful english...

I really liked the mod, but I have a problem.

one girl uses sword and another use bow, but one of two invokes a daedric weapon spell and the girl who has bow she cant hit,

and one of two invokes a invisibility spell and i cant see this girl

Looks like I spoke too soon when I called the current version 'final'...

Tomorrow I will take a look at the characters' abilities and spell lists. I probably was too lazy and just gave the girls leveled spell collections. Conjuration and illusion in this case. So they prefer casting the strongest spells from those lists. As for the archer girl ('Laika') not hitting a target, I'm kinda clueless. Actually I have noticed this effect before with archer-type companions.

But the spell issues I can (and will) definitely fix.

Guest thunderiaz

I've found a problem too. After playing for some time Laika and Miku  always have a grinning face. Reloadeing the game doesn't fix this. Also I am facing the problems Freedan faced.

Yes, this is a nuisance indeed. It's a problem with the Evy race and its head mesh itself.

At first I was hoping a console command would remedy the problem, but it doesn't seem to work properly.

With a high enough disposition towards the player, characters smile to reflect their positive feelings. Whoever made the head mesh for this race thought it was a nice touch to give it an 'Anime' look with the ^^ eyes and weird grin.

Currently I have no permanent solution for the retarded look, my hope is that eventually somebody in the know about face morph files will fix the head for good. It had been done with the Final Fantasy race as well.

But you could give a mod like this a try to reset the facial expression.

I'm using the facial animations from 'OSR Poses', but the grin quickly returns all the time as soon as the girls face me.

At least the pointless magic use is an issue that isn't difficult to get rid of, I'll check what spells the girls have on their magic lists and replace them with something more effective. So that the girls use their equipped weapons instead of summoning much weaker bound gear.

Alright, I have uploaded a newly-edited version now. It's found in the download section's 'L & M' thread.

I wasn't really familiar with the leveled spell packages I gave the girls... When I checked them out, I saw they include compilations of all kinds of spells from different magic schools. No wonder L & M were able to cast bound weapon spells and invisibility, no matter how pointless it might be in battle.

For the new magic overhaul version I chose only a very limited assortment of spells from which the girls really profit in the form of attribute buffing.

So Laika can boost her speed and agility, swordfighting Miyu can buff her speed, strength and endurance now.

Spells that suit the character's fighting style and reflect their classes. They are fighters and not magic users after all.

Both girls also got one more advanced spell unique to them. A kind of 'Ninja special power'.

Should an opponent get too close to Laika, she will disintegrate his weapon. While Miyu can paralyze enemies to subsequently chop them up more easily.

Now all we'd need is someone to fix the CM system's messy archery. And someone who can make a better facial morph file for the Evy race.

Guest Spikes

@ Freedan there's a download button next to Forums button on top of this page, right side. You'll find link in the Regular mods category.

Guest thunderiaz

@ Poontank

I've found another annoying problem. Sometimes when I fast travel or load a game they are naked and not wearing any clothes. Sometimes it happens with their weapons. By the way, good work with magic tweak.