Evy Race CM Companions Laika & Miyu

Greetings, good people of LoversLab!
DISCLAIMER: 'Non Adult Mods' section, but adult pictures (slight nudity) below!

Recently I read a request for companion characters from the Evy race. I must confess I hadn't much interest in this race before, always been thinking to myself "Meh, it's one of these typical overhyped races everybody and their mother is raving about..."

However, when I finally caved in, downloaded the 'Indie Replacer' file and installed it, I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
All the hype aside, it is indeed a pretty and sexy race, a nice addition to the 9001 (or so) races I've already got installed.

Then I created two girls for testing purposes and thought of sharing them with you as companion characters. Let me now introduce you to

LaikaMiyuTitleSmall.jpg

Important: This is a standalone mod! It doesn't require to have the Evy race installed to work in your game, all the needed files are included! The mod is using an implemented copy of the 'Evy Fenbo' variant. It has been edited to get rid of Evy's rather overpowered and detrimental race-specific abilities, the only ones left are a protection spell and an 'Aura' lesser power.

These girls - actually sisters - are Ninja-type characters. Both are already level 50, strong and capable allies who can save your butt from any tight spot you may find yourself in, be it Daedra attacks or burly bandits trying to rob you blind. They'll also gladly fend off the Adoring Fan.

First we have 'Laika', archer class. Nineteen years old but already well versed and very experienced in the art of archery. Calm and clever.
Many people are wondering how she can even draw her bow with that fine rack of hers...

Laika1.jpg

Laika2.jpg

Laika3.jpg

Her younger sister 'Miyu', warrior class, is eighteen years old but has been trained in the use of dual swords from her earliest childhood on. Fun-loving and bubbly, the more outgoing one of the pair. But in battle she'll fiercely attack any enemy with skillful dual-wielding swordplay.

Miyu1.jpg

Miyu2.jpg

Miyu3.jpg

Now for the bonus treat: The girls come (oh yeah) with their outfits from the pictures above included! DMRA-sized goodness, fully BBB-enabled! Powerful and pretty weapons! You sure can give them any equipment you like, maybe even keep L & M's stuff for your player character, but they have been created with these clothes in mind, tailor-made to wear these specific outfits (collar and scarf for example to hide away the race's weak point, the colour difference between neck and body skin tone, didn't bother messing with the skin textures).

Only requirement is naturally 'CM Partners'. Considering the myriad of CM companion mods out there, you sure have got this system installed.
If not, get it from that site. Speaking of which: This mod is a LoversLab exclusive! You certainly won't find any Poontank stuff over there.

One tiny issue with the girls: A high disposition to the player makes them smile at you like braindead buffoons. Modifying their disposition via a console command didn't work for me, I'm using a facial animation mod instead. Lowering their disposition with a few punches or maybe stealing something from them might work as well. Or just let them smile your worries away... :D

Another thing worth mentioning is the girls' shiny skin - 1000 glossiness shiny, that is. Especially hot when they're naked. C'mon, undress 'em!

After this rather lengthy introduction - here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?bwkgo9oron750bu

Credits (copied from the readme):

Credits and thanks to the following people whose work has been used as resources for this mod:

- Iacon1 for creating the Evy race

- SleepyD and Alex300001 for their edits to the race

- Blackie and Dan Sch for the CM Partners mod

The equipment's meshes and textures, some of them edited by myself, were created by the following people:

- 9hao

- Aridale Noblebrook Belmont, DMRA conversion by Thorazine

- Arynn, DMRA conversion by Patzy

- Nicoroshi

- VagabondAngel & Floydian1

Dunno who made the mesh for Miyu's scarf, sorry. Could probably be KrimsynKane & Kikaimegami.
This item might just be a retextured version of their scarf used in 'Elsweyr - The Deserts of Anequina'.

I also don't know who made the 'Prince of Persia II' sword rip. Any hints are welcome.

Very special thanks to Kimict and GingerTom for playtesting the mod, you guys rock!!

Now get those girls and have every fun imaginable with your new companions! I'm already using them for a sweet and tender picture series...

UPDATE 12/16/2012:
After a long time I finally edited the esp by removing the two 'CM Partners'-related AI packages without targets that were still included.
Though I had no problems with the mod before, the game still behaves like normal now, so I think it should be safe to install the new esp on top of the previous version with no ill effect.
CM Laika & Miyu.esp

Update 02/03/2013:

I grew sick of those Evy powers, especially when they are active while the girls are sleeping, and removed their aura and protection spells altogether.

So here is yet another new esp for every one who wants more normal, non-super powered partners:

CM Laika & Miyu.esp

Update 03/21/2013:

Starting to get addicted to updating it seems... After reading an interesting article by ThePostalDude I edited this mod again to get rid of its potential for the I HAVE NO GREETING glitch, by setting the girls' custom race to playable. As there are only two hairstyles and two sets of eyes included the mod has become a 'ghetto race mod' of sorts with this edit, though you can add other hairs and eyes in the CS or use VipCxj's hair & eye mod if you for some reason want to use L & M's race (but then again, you could also just install the full Evy race for that). Hopefully the final edit to the mod:

CM Laika & Miyu.esp

Recently I read a request for companion characters from the Evy race. I must confess I hadn't much interest in this race before' date=' always been thinking to myself [i']"Meh, it's one of these typical overhyped races everybody and their mother is raving about..."[/i]

However, when I finally caved in, downloaded the 'Indie Replacer' file and installed it, I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

All the hype aside, it is indeed a pretty and sexy race, a nice addition to the 9001 (or so) races I've already got installed.

Yep, Evy race is indeed pretty.

I saw some guy even said this: "The original face of this race is pretty enough that you don't even have to adjust it."

That's why all the available save files on Moderteam are almost evy race. lol

And Poontank, you really are one of the greatest photographers of TES4 forums. :D

Aww, thank you so much, Adrenaline!

This makes all the time I spend arranging characters, backgrounds and overall settings (mood, weather etc) for my images worthwile.

:heart: I also thank everybody for downloading and using the mod :heart:.

Took me two days straight to gather and edit all the resources, make the mod, have it tested and shoot promotional pictures.

Certainly could have done without such images, but where's the fun in that?

Looking forward to post those pictures of tender sisterly loving I'm working on at the moment...

While working on the mentioned sister-love pictures, I noticed I forgot to assign the 'White Cloth' texture to the ground model of Laika's shoes, the texture path still points to an obsolete old texture I've deleted. But it's pointless anyway, there seems to be a strange vertex error in the mesh preventing them from correctly displaying any texture. Sure, a neglectible flaw. Still wanted to let you know about it.

Just don't be alarmed when you drop Laika's stuff, the flip-flops are the world object for all her clothing items. The flip-flops are all black because of that missing texture, still better than one of them white and the other one a faulty black. Clueless how to fix an erroneous mesh...

Maybe I will make some fun of this mess-up in the L & M photo love story.

I tried to find a word to describe this, but I couldn't come up with one. maybe 'Poontank' itself should be used to describe greatness. You know like 'Good', 'Better', 'Best', 'Poontank'.:D

Really, much appreciated. It's also nice that these two work without the need to install the race. The pictures are great (See? it doesn't really do it justice) as always, which shouldn't be a surprise.

I think I mentioned it once or twice before ;) but I simply love your character designs. So these lovely ladies went straight into my game and already got offered comfortable seats as my permanent guests.

Like you, I'm going to use the facial animation mods though, since I don't think I could bring myself to punch them in the face. Although they probably would mind a few smacks somewhere else I suppose.

Forget about tools like 'Gloss Max'. This utility fails to glossify nifs whenever the body parts in there are erroneously named something other than 'Skin' due to sloppy modding (for example 'Default - 01' instead). Here are two more effective and reliable ways to enhance skin gloss:

Either by colouring the alpha channel of the skin textures' normal maps a solid white or by setting the skin glossiness of nifs' body parts to 1000. In NifSkope's material property palette one can only move a slider up to 100. But in the 'Block Details' at the bottom of the screen (accessed by pressing F3 in case the block details are hidded) the glossiness parameter can be set to the max by adding a zero to the value 100 in there.

The latter edit is what I did to all the clothes of the girls.

Well, the first thing I would have to ask is this: Have you got the 'CM Partners' esm installed? Crashing on startup is a typical symptom of a missing master file after all, and this mod's only dependency besides the game itself is the CM system.

Or maybe it's a load order issue? I have it placed where all my companion mods are, below the race mods. Quite low in my load order but above all my equipment mods and the Bashed Patch. It's also bashed into that one, maybe you should experiment with a different position and try including it in the Bashed Patch as well.

Too bad I can't offer much advice beyond these general suggestions, unfortunately I'm not a load order and game issue expert like Greg.

Well' date=' the first thing I would have to ask is this: Have you got the 'CM Partners' esm installed? Crashing on startup is a typical symptom of a missing master file after all, and this mod's only dependency besides the game itself is the CM system.

Or maybe it's a load order issue? I have it placed where all my companion mods are, below the race mods. Quite low in my load order but above all my equipment mods and the Bashed Patch. It's also bashed into that one, maybe you should experiment with a different position and try including it in the Bashed Patch as well.

Too bad I can't offer much advice beyond these general suggestions, unfortunately I'm not a load order and game issue expert like Greg.

[/quote']

The bad news: I get the same issue, game load fine when not enabled.

The good news: I have made you aware of this issue.

The neutral news: I'm trying to fix the bad news to give you some more good news!

:D

Well, I'll be really happy if you can find the cause of this issue, Ark! It's baffling me that some people apparently are having trouble with the mod while neither both of my playtesters nor myself had been experiencing this crash.

I hope you will find the culprit, maybe some reference I forgot to delete or something. Still wonder why the girls are working in my game.

Feel free to post a fixed version in case you are doing some edits to the file, I will then include this fix in the OP.

What Oblivion version to you have PT? GOTY? GOTY Deluxe?

I'm using the normal GOTY version' date=' bought it about a year and a half ago (as far as I remember) on eBay. The only DLC I have installed is SI. Unofficial patches for both the main game and the expansion.

Asylianna, both hairstyles are part of the Evy race package. If you want to use Miyu's #14 for other races, you could either copy it from the original race mod, take it from this companion mod here - or download this file where I uploaded just the hairstyle's meshes and textures:

http://www.mediafire.com/?un4hk119k1c0iaz

Those files must be put into the folders corresponding to the race(s) you want to use the hairstyle for and then either assign it to the race(s) in the CS - or just throw the files in the VipCxj folders if you are using his 'Hair Eye Extend System'.

There might be clipping if used with some races because the hairstyle is conformulated to the head mesh the Evy race is using.

With the 'Conformulator' you could generate a new egm file for a different head mesh though.

It's strange, thought I had gotten rid of those things by deleting/disabling them. They apparently refused to die. Zombie AI packages from hell.

They were leftovers from the original esp I used as a template, should have made a new esp from scratch instead. The packages are minion scripts that command creatures (at least one of them a dog) to follow these specific CM partners Jon and Beau who are deleted.

What still baffles me is that my game is running without problems despite those packages, and that TES4Edit didn't notify me of them during the cleaning process. It also didn't see any necessity to delete them.