Steam Summer Sale 2017 (Starts June 22nd)

Darkening Demise

The sales on offer thus far are fairly unimpressive. Oh,well. It is only the first day. Maybe they'll pull a gimmicky sales mini-event to drum up more interest.

Then again, since they have a majority of the PC gaming on lock, they might not need to try any harder than they are right now.

I just bought 5 games over there.

And I really don't know why, I don't even play computer games anymore.  :wacko:

Old habits die hard I guess.

Three of them were on my wishlist though (State of Decay, South Park and some new 4x space game that's allegedly the best shit ever). I still don't feel any urge to play them now. Well, I bought them, so my "wishlist" is significantly shorter. Mission accomplished, yay!  :lol:

The sales on offer thus far are fairly unimpressive. Oh,well. It is only the first day. Maybe they'll pull a gimmicky sales mini-event to drum up more interest.

Then again, since they have a majority of the PC gaming on lock, they might not need to try any harder than they are right now.

Plenty of indies on sale in my wishlist of 85 games lol.

Worst sale yet Valve. Hardly anything is on sale, all the tags are low 20% off or less, DLC is hardly on sale for games as well, and there's no event. Man I'm getting old, "Back in my day we had community events like fighting pixel aliens, or completing goals in different games to get tickets to redeem for prizes like DLC, cosmetics for games, or even games themselves. And the sales used to be better like 80% off. meh meh DARN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Eh. I was probably going to buy Starbound anyway so I might as well get it now. Slightly nudging people to something that they probably would have purchased earlier if they weren't aware that the Summer Sale was going to start is a success in and of itself, I suppose. It isn't compulsive mass spending so it isn't much of a success,though.

I bought the Eador collection. For all 3 games it came out to be 12 dollars and some cents. I mostly play Eador Genesis though with New Horizon, which you can literally get Genesis for 59 cents. Outdated graphics, but I don't really care about graphics in a 4x strategy game. Cheaper than a candy bar lol. The newer Eador (broken something) is literally the same game but with modern graphics (but New Horizon mod is better tbh). Then Eador Imperium is their newer game and its being updated, and that one is fun too, they branched out and made it a bit different which is nice. Its probably my favorite between the newer versions of Eador.

For those unaware. I believe its a Russian made game, which is a 4x fantasy strategy game that is turn based. If you played Warlords Battlecry, Heroes of Might and Magic (pretty much same battle system) or/and the turn based Battlecry game...pretty similar. However its VERY challenging. On the Eador steam forum someone described it as (for Eador masters of the broken world) as the Dark Souls of strategy games. And then same person described Genesis as playing Dark Souls with a rockband controller lol. 

If you like Masters of Magic (the old one), you'll probably like Eador. If you like Heroes of Might and magic (the older ones), you'll definitely like it. And I bring up battlecry cause the races seem a tad similar, same with some of the classes...but its actually pretty different, just for me it has a slightly similar feel.

Why should I buy at Steam Summer Sale?
I get every month at least 2 free games, though not always which I would like.
But with these free games was also already Morrowind included, completely legal is self-evident.  ;)

Further, if I want to buy cheap, then I go to my city, in a computer game business, there I get already for 1 euro a complete game to buy. HaHaHa

I have so many games that I do not even played.  :lol:  :P

Archived