Considering building a new mod: Mannequins from skyrim citizens. How could I do this?

I'm currently using Portable Ondemand Disposable Unlimited Mannequins. I've modded it by changing the default mannequins with various females from the game. The result is fine. 

But the one thing that's always bothered me about this mod is that it uses presets and a limited selection at that. 

I've not looked at the code, but I've come to realize that the mannequins in SPODUM are very similar to a race. EFF works on them, and when you change cells, the mannequin appears in the next cell and just does mannequin things... so there's something a little more complete than meets the eye here, intended or not. 

So I want to, say, spell target someone, and then use their likeness as a SPODUM mannequin. I know that if I copy facial features over, I'll wind up with grey face BS, so it'd be better to just entirely copy the individual, then eliminate/fix the speech options so that they're the mannequins, not the persons.

Could I:

• Have a RefAlias with all the limitations
  • Duplicate the game chosen character
  • Assign the RefAlias to the duplicated character

Would this work?

OBTW: I've decompiled the code and glanced at it a bit. Had a brief convo with the author a while back who was like "whatever, man".

You can safely duplicate an actor in game with:

Actor clone = PlayerRef.placeAtMe(actorToClone.getActorBase(), 1, false, false)

Then you can disable the AI of the actor completely

clone.setUnconsious(true)

Now, you will not be able to add and remove clothes like you do with mannequins.

To do that you need to duplicate the code for the normal mannequins, and add it to a refalias that you will fill with the clone.

You can safely duplicate an actor in game with:

Actor clone = PlayerRef.placeAtMe(actorToClone.getActorBase(), 1, false, false)

Then you can disable the AI of the actor completely

clone.setUnconsious(true)

Now, you will not be able to add and remove clothes like you do with mannequins.

To do that you need to duplicate the code for the normal mannequins, and add it to a refalias that you will fill with the clone.

The mannequin/item facility is taken care of an used in the original mod . . . tho i'm not so sure that he's doing it so straightforward.

Since this mod is basically from the wild west early days of scripted modding, I might be better off just starting from scratch. It's a much different world out here today with SKSE and all.

Thanks for the reply and thoughts.

[edit] shit this sat in 'edit' for half the day, i forgot to click submit.

you put the npcs you want as mannequins in a leveledlist

you give that to the mannequin

and use traits

First of all, I want to choose arbitrary NPCs. If I'm walking thru the world and see an entity that I want to use, I want to choose them somehow. . . from "Random Whiterun Guard" to "Alduin".

With the rest of your post, I have no idea what that means.

If you have something, proven by the pic, is that available somewhere?

If you have something, proven by the pic, is that available somewhere?

it's just a template given to skyrim.esm mannequin

to mess with that in game, i would

download dslight (for the spell)

copy as new record dschoosedancer as dschoosemannequin

replace putting the actor in global value formlist or whatever, by putting the actor in the mannequin leveled list

and for the spell to place those mannequin

download uilist with something that use it

copy paste a part from it in the thing that place those mannequins (old stuff like from selene kate mcm menu, it's much more problems)

Archived