Well it would still hamper modding if skse would go on creation club because now you need to pay double 1 for skse and 2 for the mod require skse on creation club. in that case i would advice to start looking for an alternative to bethesda game.

Remember when bethesda says skyrim 64 bit was free for pc users ?? well i guess this is what free really meant get this game only to get your money through different means.

No wonder they gave skyrim away for free for pc users.

I heard SKSE is being developed by elvis pressley on the fake moon lot at area 51 as a way to cover up the kennedy assassination. 

But alas it will only work on the switch from now on, and only if you use an xbox controller.

But we all knew why this happened.  It was the whole reason they even came up with the creation kit and GECK.   It all ties in together.

It's so obvious.

For those feeling blue about it, Ink Spot - It's All Over But the Crying makes for a great get over yourself song. Should try it. Life goes on. It sure did for the script extender team after seeing the fail in Bethesda. Or if that wasn't it,  just prepare to pay for the script extender through creation club for your extending needs. Because it plays a viable part of enormous content and well you must consider one of the two: 1) they are part of the I'm getting paid club, or 2) I'm not allow my source to be used for free for others to benefit off of financially.

Or: it's an enormous amount of work, very few people can do it, and those who can are busy.

No way any of the script extenders will ever be on CC - beth barely tolerates them as they are. And the script extender devs are probably among the last people on earth to make a fuss about CC coming into play as well.

Or: it's an enormous amount of work, very few people can do it, and those who can are busy.

No way any of the script extenders will ever be on CC - beth barely tolerates them as they are. And the script extender devs are probably among the last people on earth to make a fuss about CC coming into play as well.

For people that don't know, that's really the big problem.  There's no clear guide on "how to do it" because the only way you can is with patience and skill.  Not only are you looking at what the executable is doing in memory, but you're writing an external program to "hook" and change components of that program's variables or create new ones in memory.   All the while, you're doing that you have to make sure you're not corrupting what's going on or tripping internal DRM switches.  Because yeah that's a problem too. The guy's doing this are beyond good and are probably in the top 5-10% of programmers and debuggers.

In truth the people working on(making the script extenders) this stuff aren't any different then the guy's who crack copy protection for fun.  Both require a skillset that's above even us seasoned veterans of programing culture who've been doing this since we were kids in the 1980's.

1. Bethesda stated they don't want Creation Club contents to alter game mechanics, and it makes perfect sense why.  So no SKSE or SKSE dependent stuff for CC.  Stop with the CC conspiracy in regard to SKSE64 until we got new facts saying otherwise.

2. Everything from sources associated with SKSE team indicate that the delay appears to be due from lack of time.  AFAIK in reddit and Nexus members of SKSE team gave specifics on how one can contribute to accelerate the release by demonstrating his/her possession of a very specific set of skills but those discussions all got buried immediately by doomsayers, counter-doomsayers, conspiracy theories, no-knowledge "open source" noobs and "SKSE team cannot take money but lets pay them anyway" offers.  Anyway, what I am saying is that SKSE team is active. 

1. Bethesda stated they don't want Creation Club contents to alter game mechanics, and it makes perfect sense why.  So no SKSE or SKSE dependent stuff for CC.  Stop with the CC conspiracy in regard to SKSE64 until we got new facts saying otherwise.

2. Everything from sources associated with SKSE team indicate that the delay appears to be due from lack of time.  AFAIK in reddit and Nexus members of SKSE team gave specifics on how one can contribute to accelerate the release by demonstrating his/her possession of a very specific set of skills but those discussions all got buried immediately by doomsayers, counter-doomsayers, conspiracy theories, no-knowledge "open source" noobs and "SKSE team cannot take money but lets pay them anyway" offers.  Anyway, what I am saying is that SKSE team is active. 

i hope your right. but if not i am gonna quote your post and shove it in your face.. on daily basis..

i hope your right. but if not i am gonna quote your post and shove it in your face.. on daily basis..

In what sense could I be "wrong"?  Literary everything I said is about the past and I made zero declaration in regard of the future.  What?  Bethesda will charge for SKSE64 in Creation Club?  Read my post again, "until we got new facts saying otherwise".  Or what, SKSE64 will be cancelled?  I said SKSE team "is active", and not SKSE64 will happen.

Can't wait for you to paraphrase or misquote me in the future just so you can get that precious "Internet win" obviously so important to you. 

EDIT:

Since you are making this personal of wanting to shove stuff to my face, let's make it official.  What are you willing to bet on the conspiracy that Bethesda is going to put SKSE64 behind Creation Club paywall?  I am willing to say no.  Threats are empty without actual stake.

The two primary coders for SSE would actually lose money taking a CC commission unless Beth is going be outlaying hundreds of dollars per hour. (they are not)

i think we should all chill and take it at face value i.e. it's till being worked at by the skse team, if it's not they would have given us some indication rather than raise folks expectation, lets leave the creation club theory aside because the ball is at bethesda court, and they would have contacted the skse team if they wanted it to be in cc, since no news is good news pls sit tight and watch patiently for it to happen.

fyi the skse is not a mod but a hack if u guys want to be technical..., similiar to the gta 5 saga lmao..

Since you are making this personal of wanting to shove stuff to my face, let's make it official.  What are you willing to bet on the conspiracy that Bethesda is going to put SKSE64 behind Creation Club paywall?  I am willing to say no.  Threats are empty without actual stake.

bethesda have no word to say in that matter

like the ones that couldn't wait, took more than 3 weeks to update skse? it's not the skse team that said it would take 3 weeks, and they don't have any reason to bother with that if sse as barely played

Thank you nanashi50,   that information was useful.

I took a little different take on it than you did.  To me, it looks like some team members took some time to develop F4SE a little (as they probably should) and the baseline is all done.  So really it's just Behippo trying to figure things out that he didn't originally work on for the moment, while waiting for backup.

This actually looks pretty promising to me.  It's just a holdup on adapting skyui and figuring out whatever functions modders will really be needing.  As well as testing.

Mostly, people who were not busy before... are very busy now with careers.  Just waiting on cavalry or reinforcements it seems. Unless I am reading it incorrectly.  

I wouldn't take what Schlangster said about the progress too literally, as what expired said afterward seemed to contradict it.

Background first. There are two types of work involved for SKSE64: (1) Foundational stuff -- decoding the base game and verifying memory addresses and class alignments; and (2) extender stuff -- porting the extended script functions from SKSE classic.

#2 should be the easier part, as I think that only requires programming knowledge. #1 is the hard part that requires knowledge of reverse engineering. It's also very labor intensive and takes a lot of time to verify all the memory addresses and alignments.

Based on what Schlangster said, the foundational stuff (#1) is "mostly done." However, expired says a few posts down that the type of help they really need are people that can do reverse engineering (the stuff for the foundational stuff). He also says he believes a number of the game classes are not aligned (also relating to foundational stuff, meaning it's not done).

Schlangster's "mostly done" comment is quite subjective, but expired's comments are more specific and lead me to believe the foundational stuff still have a lot of work to be done. People have offered to help, but it seems pretty clear the area they need help in is the specialized area of reverse engineering for the foundational stuff, and they don't seem to be finding qualified people to help with that.

That's why I see the project as stalled and in limbo. And with it seeming far from completion, I think that's why some take the pessimistic view that it's good as dead (at least for the near future) and not worth waiting for.

I've never been able to figure out SE if they were going to revamp an old game, why not Morrowind or Oblivion. Both are great games and proven money earners for Bethesda.

And both could use the love at this point.

Unlike skyrim, morrowind and oblivion have horrible quality of assets for modern graphics standards, and every texture, material, particle system, model, sound and animation have to be remade from scratch, maybe even concept artwork should be redone (in the case of morrowind, dialogues and combat system should be redesigned from scratch as well). That means it should require bigger team for production of remake, while skyrim was remastered by a tiny team in few months.

I've never been able to figure out SE if they were going to revamp an old game, why not Morrowind or Oblivion. Both are great games and proven money earners for Bethesda.

And both could use the love at this point.

Unlike skyrim, morrowind and oblivion have horrible quality of assets for modern graphics standards, and every texture, material, particle system, model, sound and animation have to be remade from scratch, maybe even concept artwork should be redone (in the case of morrowind, dialogues and combat system should be redesigned from scratch as well). That means it should require bigger team for production of remake, while skyrim was remastered by a tiny team in few months.

Yup.  The engine changes from Skyrim to Fallout 4 were largely incremental, rather than the complete, massive overhauls that they were going from Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim.  

In fact, the SE engine isn't even the Fallout 4 engine, it's a fork that they took from the "tech demo" build of Creation on XB1 way back when they first started FO4 development.

That is nothing ???

Development Thread Closed

We notice that many users are complaining about the fact that it’s been months since the release of Skyrim Special Edition and SKSE64 has yet to be released. Do note however that as with most mods, these developers work for free in their spare time to deliver a product to the public on a voluntarily basis.

We should consider it a privilege and luxury if we will ever get to enjoy it in the first place… In fact, according to the forum, “irrational and hostile behavior from users” made moderators close the development thread!

That also not, now I am amazed!

Help Us Bethesda

We don’t understand why Bethesda isn’t helping out. They could integrate SKSE64 in their official product, which in turn allows for more (complex) mods, making for a much better product.

They can view it as a simple opportunity to boost game sales, while in fact its a massive opportunity to boost their reputation and enhance customer loyalty.

Even without a monetary standpoint, it could be a great way to show how much you care about the community. We could all get to enjoy the 64-bit Skyrim Special Edition for what it truly is, while waiting for the next Elder Scrolls.

I do not speak English, but what was written there, I also understand.  ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived