I bought the SE version of Skyrim after building my PC cuz I thought it'd run better than Oldrim & it'd have better mod support. Didn't know about Nexus or LoversLab at the time so after finding out about them, i saw how few mods there were that really go all out with content for SE other than Forgotten City, CBBE, & Flower Girls. Then I saw how much Oldrim had & my first thought was just because it's been out longer so duh right.

The other part of it I didn't know was that most of these big mods require the Script Extender & the makers behind it originally had a beta of SE's version planned for March so I started looking for it to see how it went or if it's still out. Then I see that per their last update in April, the whole thing is pretty much on hiatus cuz of the workload of the new 64bit system & that the people behind it can't keep working on it for long.

2 months later & there's still no news on it at all, making me worry if they've abandoned it entirely (can't blame them obviously, i just don't like being kept in the dark for so long), which sucks cuz constantly seeing mods from here & Nexus for Oldrim that require the Script Extender makes me regret buying SE purely for price & performance sake. So I'm wondering if anyone at all has anything new on whether SKSE64 has made any progress or if anyone has plans to port over mods from Oldrim without it requiring SKSE64?

That is exactly why most people playing on pc didnt really care about the special edition, I even got it for free and put less than 30 minutes into it. The only reason they released a special edition was to sell more copies to the console players that didnt already have mods, and even then it was kind of a rip off in my opinion....

Anyway I do hope the script extender gets updated for skyrim since that would mean progress on fallout 4's script extender too (since they are both on pretty much exactly the same engine now).

Do you really not get the original version when you buy the special edition on steam? Maybe you can find a copy of the real skyrim on sale sometime.

(btw, the "improved graphics" on the special edition is kind of pointless too, you can achieve FAR superior graphics on the original game with enbs) 

Same as above, I played SSE for a little over an hour because I got it for free, now its just pointless not worth touching. Really large part of it is on Bethesda, they could have easily contacted the SKSE authors (there is a big huge thread on their own forums about SKSE64) and provided them with some of the info needed. Or just release it to the public as part of supplemental documentation in CK or something like that or provided some other way of dealing with scripts for mods.

The 2 huge improvements of SSE over oldrim are of course stability and memory, being limited to 4 gigs (cause Win 10) is a gigantic PITA.

Creation club killed it. :P

o/~  Creation club killed the video game star

o/~      Creation club  killed the video game star

o/~         Pay some cash to fix their crappy art

o/~           Clearly DRM has gone too far...

That is exactly why most people playing on pc didnt really care about the special edition, I even got it for free and put less than 30 minutes into it. The only reason they released a special edition was to sell more copies to the console players that didnt already have mods, and even then it was kind of a rip off in my opinion....

Anyway I do hope the script extender gets updated for skyrim since that would mean progress on fallout 4's script extender too (since they are both on pretty much exactly the same engine now).

Do you really not get the original version when you buy the special edition on steam? Maybe you can find a copy of the real skyrim on sale sometime.

(btw, the "improved graphics" on the special edition is kind of pointless too, you can achieve FAR superior graphics on the original game with enbs) 

I've been on PC since February only, bought SE on sale back then but didn't play until April cuz of my own schedule. i didnt know you could have both SE & Oldrim as separate games? I thought SE came as an optional update for PC players to replace Oldrim if some wanted it. I checked Steam too & all i could find is the SE version now on steam. Humble bundle has the legendary but it costs $40 & idk if i buy it to redeem on Steam if it will let me use it.

Snip 

I've been on PC since February only, bought SE on sale back then but didn't play until April cuz of my own schedule. i didnt know you could have both SE & Oldrim as separate games? I thought SE came as an optional update for PC players to replace Oldrim if some wanted it. I checked Steam too & all i could find is the SE version now on steam. Humble bundle has the legendary but it costs $40 & idk if i buy it to redeem on Steam if it will let me use it.

They count as entirely seperate games in the libary, I have both "Skyrim legendary edition" and "Skyrim Special Edition" on the list. Honestly I had assumed you would get the original for free if you bought special edition but.... apparently bethesda felt like being even bigger douches.... I have lost so much faith in them after the "special" edition and teh whole paid mods fiasco. 

Plus they keep trying to push a  nearly 7 year old game onto new consoles like it is still relevant, Skyrim is an amazing game for sure, but just let it go Bethesda!

Snip 

They count as entirely seperate games in the libary, I have both "Skyrim legendary edition" and "Skyrim Special Edition" on the list. Honestly I had assumed you would get the original for free if you bought special edition but.... apparently bethesda felt like being even bigger douches.... I have lost so much faith in them after the "special" edition and teh whole paid mods fiasco. 

Plus they keep trying to push a  nearly 7 year old game onto new consoles like it is still relevant, Skyrim is an amazing game for sure, but just let it go Bethesda!

Troo paid mods killed a lot of faith i have in them & the hype i had for those sequels they announced to games that were actually pretty good. I really hope modders here, on Nexus, & SKSE64 don't support that Creation Club bs

Creation club (...)

You guys have your answer why SKSE64 and F4SE development has stopped several months ago.

They knew about Creation Club in advance, and probably something is going to change/happen.

Creation club (...)

You guys have your answer why SKSE64 and F4SE development has stopped several months ago.

They knew about Creation Club in advance, and probably something is going to change/happen.

The last F4SE update was about 2 or 3 weeks ago... (0.4.1)

0.3.1 with quite a lot of stuff came somewhere in may if i remember correctly.

Is it really helpful to make wild voodoo speculations about what is going on?  

To say that you absolutely know from the bottom of your heart that despite there being no evidence, the project is dead or has moved to creation club.. or has opened a fourth dimension into an alternate reality, it doesn't help anybody.

Yes all of those things MAY be true.. or they MAY not.  Unless you have some kind of information that leads you these conclusions, why try to stir up some kind of needless conspiracy?

How about we try sharing USEFUL information to try to determine the status of a project rather than muck up this forum with useless predictions.  You won't get a cookie for guessing correctly... I know this from the bottom of my heart.

Weren't there some random modders offering help to finish SKSE64 or something?

From a Reddit post i saw, yeah but the SKSE64 team said they couldn't accept it cuz they didn't want to rely on a bunch of ppl they don't know unless they can prove they knew what they're doing & communicate effectively

I got SSE for free since I owned the Legendary Edition on PC.  I did not play it for several months cause I had no problems with the original.  But now I have resorted to using SSE, because since I bought a new pc with Windows 10, Skyrim kept crashing when nearing Whiterun.  I thought the change would be major, but I have easily adjusted to the change.  A lot of the non SKSE mods I use have been converted and if not I can convert them myself.  There are a few skse mods I miss, like SKYUI, IHUD, and RaceMenu.  But I've learned to live without.  As for any graphical changes or enhancements I've seen none except for god rays, and an orange sunset.  The only selling point for me is stability, in over 30 hours of play and 150 mods installed I have not experienced a single crash or game freezing.  I do hope and still have hope that skse64 will be done.  I have no problem waiting.  I've been playing several other games like Oblivion, New Vegas, and expeditions: Vikings to keep me company.  From time to time I go back to Skyrim SE.

Is it really helpful to make wild voodoo speculations about what is going on?  

To say that you absolutely know from the bottom of your heart that despite there being no evidence, the project is dead [...]

Maybe calling it dead isn't accurate, but it's definitely stalled and in limbo.

There were numerous posts after the early March post you linked which shed more light on things. The last update I saw was in May. I'll post the reddit thread that quotes the discussion, as there are relevant discussions posts below (like from expired, who goes by another name on reddit).

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6cbmw9/pc_skse64_update_of_sorts/

What I read from that is things are at a standstill with no plan forward, nor intentions to figure out a solution for the staffing. I gave up on SKSE64 after this. I take it as being in limbo. Others may have gone further and  considered it dead.

Thank you nanashi50,   that information was useful.

I took a little different take on it than you did.  To me, it looks like some team members took some time to develop F4SE a little (as they probably should) and the baseline is all done.  So really it's just Behippo trying to figure things out that he didn't originally work on for the moment, while waiting for backup.

This actually looks pretty promising to me.  It's just a holdup on adapting skyui and figuring out whatever functions modders will really be needing.  As well as testing.

Mostly, people who were not busy before... are very busy now with careers.  Just waiting on cavalry or reinforcements it seems. Unless I am reading it incorrectly.  

Further and important point!

If SKSE-64 BIT appears in the CC (paid), then a commercial use without Bethesda's permission becomes impossible.

Have not time and time again the skse team said that it will remain free?

have You read the last link, that SKSE team has already been threatened.

I would only be threatened once!  ;)

have You read the last link, that SKSE team has already been threatened.

I would only be threatened once!  ;)

Just read through it, my reaction would be the lot of you can bugger off and do it yourself if you can not wait.  Then shut the whole lot down remove and delete all available downloads and put out ban notices on all sites carrying backups of all skse stuff that I had copywrite on, then see how much the arses who can not wait scream.

Archived