MESADFO: Male Elven Skins Are Different from Others - for SoS - Full/ SoS - Light

View File

Warning in Advance: This small mod does not provide any texture (original) files itself , only tweaked .esp files.
In other words, it means that:

1. Needless to say, this mod requires the original SoS (either full or light) package as its requirement to function correctly.
  2. You also need to find the matching set of textures of smooth male body/ hands texture for elves somewhere by yourself.
  3. So, this description (and the 'mod' itself as well) presupposes the basic knowledge of manual install.

The original version of this small tweak come from the request/ find thread posted by GimmeBACON, titled as 'Smooth Elves'.

These modified .esp file(s) enable male Altmer (High Elf)/ Bosmer (Wood Elf) / Dunmer (Dark Elf) to use different body / hand textures (diffuse/ normal map) from other races like Nords, Imperials.... and Orcs.

Requirement:
- The Latest build of SoS - Schlongs of Skyrim (Full v 3.00.004 or Light v 1.04)
- Its requirement (SKSE etc.).

+++

How to Install:
1. Install the ordinary SoS - Full / SoS - Light at first (Be sure to back up the original .esp file (s)!)
2. Overwrite the original .esp (s) with modified .esp (s) from this package.
3. Prepare your favorite 'smooth' textures of body/ hands diffuse/ normal maps, namely:
- malebody_1.dds
- malebody_1_msn.dds
- malehands_1.dds
- malehands_1_msn.dds

4. Put the 'smooth' textures (prepared in 3) into the new sub-folder, called 'elf', located in the following path: textures\actors\character\male(\elf)

5. [Full only] Prepare your favorite 'smooth' texture(s) of the genital
- malegenitals_1.dds (actually, the default three types of the schlong share the same diffuse map (skin texture))
(- hum.dds for optional leito schlong add-on)

6. [Full Only] Put the texture(s) (prepared in 5) in the following subfolder, called 'elf', in the following paths respectively:
- textures\actors\character\SoS\Smurf Average\Elf
- textures\actors\character\SoS\VectorPlexus Regular\Elf
- (as for Leito Schlong Add-on)textures\actors\character\SoS\Leito\Elf
* VectorPlexus Muscular uses Regular's diffuse, so you don't have to install the texture for Muscular add-on separately.
** Be sure not activate SoS - Leito Addon.esp unless you use it (I put it in the [optional]folder).

No texture comes with this pack itself, so you have to find and install the required textures by yourself.
Without the additional textures installed, elves in the game will not be shown up correctly (like blue-skinned ghosts?)

Uninstall:
It's OK to install/uninstall in the middle of the game AS LONG AS you revert back to the original .esp file(s).
Otherwise, I don't recommend to uninstall the .esp file (s) (and especially, SoS Full in general).

+++

Credits:

And, GimmeBACON for the basic concept of the mod.
What I did is just a very hasty and simple edit.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/18/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    SoS - Schlongs of Skyrim (Full/ Light) (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/498-sos-schlongs-of-skyrim/)
  • Special Edition Compatible

• 6 months later...

I'm glad you made something like this, but I wonder if you can't make it a little simpler for those trying to use it?

To explain, I used to mod without Nexus Mod Manager and I was much too careless. Now I try to mod only by relying on the Mod Manager. I'm too forgetful if I mess with things directly.

If you don't want to though, that's fine. Or maybe someone else can do the extra bit of work to make it plug in through NMM and play? I would if I had any idea how.

But don't take this as a complaint. The fact that options like these are being made is wonderful. I'm just a little too paranoid at messing things up trying to use this as it is.

3 hours ago, CatterHatter said:

I'm glad you made something like this, but I wonder if you can't make it a little simpler for those trying to use it?

To explain, I used to mod without Nexus Mod Manager and I was much too careless. Now I try to mod only by relying on the Mod Manager. I'm too forgetful if I mess with things directly.

If you don't want to though, that's fine. Or maybe someone else can do the extra bit of work to make it plug in through NMM and play? I would if I had any idea how.

But don't take this as a complaint. The fact that options like these are being made is wonderful. I'm just a little too paranoid at messing things up trying to use this as it is.

If you use MO, just install and load SoS and this mod as followings:

- SoS (Full or Light)

- MESADFO + your favorite textures in this mod's folder of:

textures/actors/character/male/elf/(body textures)

textures/actors/character/SoS/Smurf Average/Elf
   textures/actors/character/SoS/VectorPlexus Regular/Elf

You don't even have to mess up the original SoS mod folder.

This mod's .esp file and custom textures you put in correct paths will overwrite SoS's original.

[Added]: Sorry, I mistook Mod Manager as MO (thanks Waxenfigure for pointing out my really silly mistake!). 

Anyway, I supposed that NMM also could install this mod as an archive.

If you have find any problem, just uninstall via NMM (so that the manager can roll the original .esp of SoS back, I assume). 

[Added 2]: As for the textures, I cannot have any other/ better idea than picking your favorites and putting them manually in the folder(s). 

To give an example, Isharas Custom Player Body recommends similar way of customizing the favorites. 

Sorry again.

1 hour ago, y_sengaku said:

If you use MO, just install and load SoS and this mod as followings:

- SoS (Full or Light)

- MESADFO + your favorite textures in this mod's folder of:

textures/actors/character/male/elf/(body textures)

textures/actors/character/SoS/Smurf Average/Elf
   textures/actors/character/SoS/VectorPlexus Regular/Elf

You don't even have to mess up the original SoS mod folder.

This mod's .esp file and custom textures you put in correct paths will overwrite SoS's original.

He's using NMM.

• 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, FerranTrinity said:

Excellent mod, thank you for making this!

Thank you for your comment!

45 minutes ago, sarah222 said:

can you please tell me how you update these mods 

Well, I regard this small mod itself vas a feature-completed one from the beginning, but it's still compatible with my other, updated mods like SMSOSL (v 2.0) now.

What I did in this mod is just to salvage unused data records both from vanilla Skyrim.esm as well as SoS and to assign them with new, independent texture paths.

No new records added, so it's completely safe to install/ uninstall in the middle of play through. 

Technically it would be not impossible to differentiate the textures further among the human/ Orc races or assign distinct face texture (it's indeed a bit tricky), 

but such tweaks will inevitably involve the new, more complicated record edits and thus will be not safe anymore to install/ uninstall it. 

So I wish not to touch this mod further, and to keep it simple as possible.

• 3 years later...