Texture Issue - Forgotten Vale Frozen lake

Purple textures can mean missing texture files. Textures and meshes for skyrim and it's DLC's are inside of their corresponding BSA with it's name followed by texture/mesh. Forgotten vale would be dawnguard texture BSA. To open or extract anything from a BSA you would need a BSA extractor or use a mod manager like FOMM (fallout mod manager) or OBMM (oblivion mod manager) as both of these have built in BSA extractors.

There could also be a file somewhere that is overwriting or conflicting with the texture file for the vale spot. A mod could also be causing it. A loose file will trump a file inside any BSA as BSA's load first followed by loose files which will then overwrite the one in the BSA.

QUESTION TO ALL GURUS:

i have a folder set aside that i keep the whole Skyrim folder in the original state with no mods. Fresh install. i took the dawnguard.bsa from there and put it in my current folder so all dg textures "should" be in original state... but i'm still having the problem. so its hard to explain but this purple doesn't look like the missing texture purple... its different. its more of a subdued hue of light purple and less "missing-texture-purple" if that makes sense.

soooooo... the recent changes i made was uninstalling realvision & elfx and installed the TECHNOCHROMATIC ENB (which i love). i've noticed some of the lake surface actually gors back to normal depending on distance? so based on the evidence, are there any thoughts? suggestions? advice?

thx

Archived