SkyrimGTX: A follower in doubt

shidoni

I like to make faces, and some like to use my faces for followers or NPCs.

Usually, i have no problem with this transition... untill now.

Yesterday, i released on Nexus my Daenerys Targaryen Preset for any and all to enjoy. "Will a follower mod come forth from this preset?" many asked, and i assumed that someone will do so in the near future.

Today, i received this email:

"

Hi.

my friend is make a follower from your preset. smile.gif

if you think pls link the video to your mod description.

thanks"

I checked the creator out.

SkyrimGTX, for those who may know him/her, is a content creator who also makes presets and followers.

But acces to these presets and followers is a bit ... vague to say the least.

Skyrim_GTX_paywall.jpg

If you click on this link, you'll be directed to his/her "Donation" panel, as if expecting cash up front.

Skyrim_GTX_paywall2.jpg

You'll be the judge.

Now my question for this community:

Did anyone work with SkyrimGTX before? If so, do tell me he/she releases the work even for free via email.

What is your opinion on this?

Any advice or wisdom?

Do let me know.

Would you want your creation to be hidden behind a paywall?

I think it starts a bit with you not specifying how the mod could be used. Since you did not put in the not-for-profit clause in the mod description, it may not be possible for you to stop this fine gent from selling your creation repackaged as a follower. You could ask - but whether or not they listen will probably depend on them. Mod authors have been ripped off many times and now clearly specify the usage, not that it matters because those who want to steal will always figure a way out.

About GTX, there's plenty of discussion that led up to the shutting down of downloads, primarily because of allegations of copying others' work and releasing it as his own. I am not long enough on the scene to know the whole truth and history. But far as I know, it's not a pleasant discussion to have.

Would you want your creation to be hidden behind a paywall?

I think it starts a bit with you not specifying how the mod could be used. Since you did not put in the not-for-profit clause in the mod description, it may not be possible for you to stop this fine gent from selling your creation repackaged as a follower. You could ask - but whether or not they listen will probably depend on them. Mod authors have been ripped off many times and now clearly specify the usage, not that it matters because those who want to steal will always figure a way out.

About GTX, there's plenty of discussion that led up to the shutting down of downloads, primarily because of allegations of copying others' work and releasing it as his own. I am not long enough on the scene to know the whole truth and history. But far as I know, it's not a pleasant discussion to have.

Ofcourse i don't want a paywall on a follower based on my work.

The response on the mail i got:

"i did not expect a follower mod of my work that fast.

Checked it out and i must say the following:

To hide followers behind a donation wall is simply not the way to go.

May i request that this follower is released on Nexus for any and all to enjoy?"

I'm actually worried for once... believe that.

"SkyrimGTX" was a member here (under the username of "SeriousPermissions".)

He was banned (by myself) a couple of months ago for inappropriate utilization of assets.

Pretty much all he does is stealing from other modders and then trying to gain money from the assets of other modders.

"SkyrimGTX" was a member here (under the username of "SeriousPermissions".)

He was banned (by myself) a couple of months ago for inappropriate utilization of assets.

Pretty much all he does is stealing from other modders and then trying to gain money from the assets of other modders.

guess i'm another victim on his list.... fucking hell.

this just makes me sad.

Thank you for making this community better.

Let's not forget what an unpleasant person he is.

In some petty act of revenge against me, (because I pointed out the real author of a mod he was trying to take credit for) he made a YouTube video showcasing a follower. In the video's description, it said that I was giving out the preset to the featured character, and linked my profile here on LL so people could message me for it. I had to disable my private messenger after all the people starting conversations with me, to get a character I don't even have. It took some friends and I a bit of effort to report it to YouTube.

Now I won't be giving this guy free advertisement to his channel by linking what he also said in other videos, but it was full of hateful and vulgar comments about me.

If a more honest modder  made a follower for you from your preset and released it on Nexus I doubt very much if there's anything that money grabbing mod thief could do about it.

Given the choice between a free mod and a paywall mod using the same preset  it's a bit of a no brainer decision.....

If a more honest modder  made a follower for you from your preset and released it on Nexus I doubt very much if there's anything that money grabbing mod thief could do about it.

Given the choice between a free mod and a paywall mod using the same preset  it's a bit of a no brainer decision.....

true that.

A thief that yells "Someone stole my stolen shit" is only asking to be laughed at.

But never the less, this is something i refuse to let it pass without words.

I'm proud of my work, and proud of keeping my work 100% free for any and all to enjoy.

But if some cuntweasel tries to put a pricetag on it, i will make sure that my voice is heard loud and clear.

What is your opinion on this?

took them a long time to figure out he was just using other people mods (maybe they don't know much cme saves)

too bad i miss that stuff when he followed the russian paid site^^

there's not much there, don't think she is selling much

and that problem is a joke

in racemenu, go to sculpt mode, export

then go to skse\plugin\whatever it is

some follower have replacer because they are ugly, but they are more than a useless npc that have nothing to say

download the replacer or the follower (replacer should have all you need, maybe)

merge your head on the follower head (or rename your head nif meshes to whatever there is in that head nif)

release as follower x daenerys replacer

and "his" follower become crap (it's just a daenerys head that have nothing to say)

I would suggest making a follower quickly, as soon as you can and with the highest possible quality and release it yourself. I am sure the community will pool together to help you given the situation and if you need any help.

This will neuter any attempt to hide the mod behind any sort of paywall, specially if the mod is free to download and from the author of the preset.

I wasn't personally aware of the exact history of this person, but seeing reports it seems probable that your work will not be available for the community in the way you intend, unless you take matters into your own hands.

Sorry to hear about this, I've always liked your work.

Hope this doesn't stop you from sharing your presets. Add the not-for-profit clause to all of your work.

Maybe contact mfeile1974 or ThisTimeIBeAGoodGirlSir (or one of the other fine LL members) and have them make her a follower asap. As others have said nobody would pay if they can get it for free.

Sorry to hear about this, I've always liked your work.

Hope this doesn't stop you from sharing your presets. Add the not-for-profit clause to all of your work.

Maybe contact mfeile1974 or ThisTimeIBeAGoodGirlSir (or one of the other fine LL members) and have them make her a follower asap. As others have said nobody would pay if they can get it for free.

I'm not stopping with making presets, but i guess this is the risk of the job.

Archived