Take Two (GTA Publisher) Attacks Modders

Darkening Demise

Probably planning to release their own mod tool.

No such animal.

What they plan to do continue to release microtransactions and will C+D anything that remotely interferes with that according to their draconian definition of interference.

Take Two has released numerous games with modding support, so it's certainly not them. What Rockstar thinks of it I have no clue about, as I don't play their games. Not 100% sure, but I really don't think it's possible to (legally) mod GTA since they added Denuvo DRM to it, which would go bonkers if somebody tampered with the files. Don't ask me if that's the problem they have with the tool.

Starting on March 14th in their 1.38 content update they introduced a system which detected the dll that allowed OpenIV to function properly, preventing anyone that was using it from accessing online with even something as mild as the client-side retextures.

Seems like that's when this bullshit started, I was even banned for trying to get it to run afterwards.

Well this sucks - I was planning on getting GTA5 for PC, but recently there's been all sorts of crazy banning and perma banning with the game. Just check what people say on the steam reviews. But now with this latest... I really don't see myself buying it anymore, either I'll get perma banned. And I can't use mods. - Mods was wne of the things which was driving me to get the game.

And seriously, that's a major dick move. For years it's ok, but out of no where they do a 180 and shit on everyone. Fuck off. I hate Corporations, damn Psycho's.

Well this sucks - I was planning on getting GTA5 for PC, but recently there's been all sorts of crazy banning and perma banning with the game. Just check what people say on the steam reviews. But now with this latest... I really don't see myself buying it anymore, either I'll get perma banned. And I can't use mods. - Mods was wne of the things which was driving me to get the game.

And seriously, that's a major dick move. For years it's ok, but out of no where they do a 180 and shit on everyone. Fuck off. I hate Corporations, damn Psycho's.

More than half of people banned on steam are cheaters, I have more than 800h in gtao and did get a single strike (I was using TS, discord obs - where people say that they got banned for using it)

And you can use mods, openiv was more like mod manager/tool/framework. I never ussed it, I always used lose files and scriphook.

It is not as bad as some people paint it. But still it sux.

Archived