Question about mod "requirements"

sisgood

I've noticed that a lot of the NPC improvement mods want The Eyes of Beauty. I don't want to use that mod at all. The file is way bigger than other eye mods and I like brighter colors than that mod offers.

If I use a different mod for eyes (Mikan Eyes) will it work or will I get rolled up or black eyes? I'm gonna use a combination of Inhabitants of Skyrim, Males of Skyrim, Bijin Wives & Npcs Hott Interesting Npcs,

Hott Vampires 2, Hott Witches, (for a mix of highly attractive and average looking NPCs) and The Kids are Alright.

Is there a mod that does the same thing for the DLC Npcs? Closest I've found is Hott Vampires. I would like something in the same style as my other NPC improvement mods.

I'm​ pretty sure I can overwrite data and meld them all into one esp. (it's gonna take me months to get my new game ready to play...)

Generally speaking, if a mod lists another mod in it's requirements, there are probably going to be some rather unpleasant effects if you choose to ignore said requirements.  There is a chance that the mods you have only have a soft dependency for the eye mod listed, but probably not.

Still, you very well may be able to have both mods active without conflict.  Mod organizer can tell you where conflicts between mods are occurring if you use it.  You can always try out the mod without the dependencies first though on a throwaway save file and see what happens, then choose from there.

Multiple hair and eye mods work fine together, barring them naming the folders and files the exact same thing, them both being replacers for vanilla hair or eyes, or your character creation menu overworking your computer due to having 2000 hairs (less of an issue now).

Archived