New to forum

DevoutlyWicked

I literally found this forum by accident and am amazed by what I have been reading here.  I am an avid Skyrim player with about 3500+ hours in game over 30+ character runs thru the timelines. The game always has something new to show me every time I start again. 

I have an older sexmod, Animated Prostitution (AP) added and have enjoyed the extra bit of fun it added while holding my breath every time so the game didn't crash. I sounds like I have been living in the stone ages by comparison to what I am reading here.  I had full nude on my desktop but had to go with laptop upon moving out of country and lost the full nude back to vanilla undies and no actual sex action. Havent been able to figure out how to restore that but if what I am reading is only 1/2 true, then it would be completely redundant to go that route anyways.

My problem is that I am not a modder nor programmer and have only basic skills in getting all the stuff put together. I add mods to Skyrim via NMM and Steam Workshop. I would love to be able to add in at least a fraction of what I am reading about here and truly enhance my Skyrim.  I would need someone to be patient enuff to explain how to get all this stuff properly done. i.e. speak slowly and use small words, plain english and not a lot of programmer jargon unfamiliar to the mundane users out here.

Forever....

DevoutlyWicked

Welcome here,

While NMM and Steam Workshop do their job somehow, I find them to be not as reliable as Mod Organizer (some people here will argue in favor of NMM, I've tried both but stood with MO).

I would advise you to start using it for a stable game before trying to pursue with Sexlab mods.  If you're interested in using MO, I suggest you check this series of videos.  There are some things to learn but once you've passed that stage you'll be able to install any mod.

As you said there's a lot that can be done and we'll need you to explain what you want in your game to be able to help you :)

I presume you want your characters to have sex, you'll need the Sexlab framework for that : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v162-updated-jun-3rd-2016/, don't forget to read the description !

Greetings and welcome.

I don't know beans about coding, nor do I have any technical know-how, so we're in pretty much the same place there; and I still remember first finding LL.

A couple of general things:

---Plan to read a bunch of stuff. At the least you will need to read the mod-author's description of each mod (aka "the OP"). There you'll find any dependencies (other mods that are required for their mod to work), known bugs, installation information, safe uninstallation guidelines, and what the mod actually does. Then you'll have to read the descriptions of the dependencies because you'll have to have them first. For example, most everything here requires SKSE, FNIS, SkyUI, and the like.

-Once you're past the base mods it is also a good idea to read the last page or two of the support thread for a mod to get a sense of how well it's working for people - and some older mods have user-provided update patches in the support thread if the author has been on extended hiatus

---Be patient, at which I am not so good always. But, especially at first, add just one thing at a time to your game, then go test it out to make sure everything works before adding something else. This way you always know which mod is causing the problem you've never had before.

hope that helps

Step 1:   Learn Mod organizer

Step 2:   Learn tools (fnis tesvedit loot etc)

Step 3:   Add Sexlab... ONLY sexlab.  Play it.. learn it.. 

ETA: Well on second thought maybe add eager NPC's just to be able to easily initiate sex scenes for testing.

Step 4:   Expand to other dependancies.  Start with only mods recently updated to make sure you can get forum support. 

Step 5:   ....

Step 6:   Declare bankruptcy 

Many thanks for the great advice in your replies. I do tend to read thru mods first already to see if they are going to be compatible with my game's current state so I am one up there in being accustomed to reading stuff. 

I have a pretty good bit of patience. Since I am not a programmer (gave up when C+ went to C++) I have to take my time installing, checking load order and everything to make sure conflicts are kept to minimum.

I have about 54 mods in my Skyrim now. Most are armor/weapons and are cool and or sexy looking but still kinda lore friendly. I have some character enhancers currently like CBBE and Apachii hair and the like but I do want to upgrade from that which is my main goal here: Improve the look of the game without killing it. Being able to have sex in game is a secondary, enjoyable side effect.

Finally I am pleased to find already helpful advice on how to get started on my chosen path. Thanks a lot for the responses. I will be working on getting started with my reading.

Just wanted to say, if you're worried your game will be more unstable with sexlab don't be. I have a lot of mods and my game barelly crash, I mean I can play for 7 hours straight.

Here are some mods I have installed that should get you started:

Sexlab, Aroused Redux, Eager Npc's, Amorous Adventures, Defeat, Solutions, Soulgem Oven,

Hi there. As others have said you really want to start with Mod Organizer which has a bit of a learning curve but is quite simple once you work through the ins and outs. And as far as stability goes, it's fine for the most part. The main issues are script heavy mods but generally a correct load order and not having huge conflicts will keep you in good shape ( I have 290+ mods with 230 ESPs loaded and have virtually no issues.) Your basic mods are sexlab, SoS, and 1 or 2 simple dialog mods so you can familiarize yourself with the framework after that just add what you want because with Mod Organizer you can clone a save game to multiple profiles which allows you to add and test mods without bricking a save.

First - Welcome to Lovers Lab. 

I think you'll find that there are really great people here that are more than happy to answer questions.

Have you looked into the STEP Project?  (http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page)

It does a really great job at walking you through the foundation of establishing a solid base of a modded Skyrim.

Even if you don't follow the Project recommendations, it does give you a really good understanding of setting up a solid base to start modding Skyrim.

As others have already suggested, but I'll add my voice - get Mod Organizer. (http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer)

There's is a learning curve, but it's easy to use once you get the fundamentals down. 

The main reason is that it allows you to keep a clean Skyrim install and still enjoy having mods. 

Both NMM and Steam Workshop installs mods directly into your Skyrim data folder and doesn't always clean up when you uninstall a mod from either tool.

I noticed in your original posting that you said you lost the full nude and went back to vanilla undies. 

With your new set-up on your laptop, are you using a body replacer such CBBE or UNP? 

Sounds to me if you are using a body replacer, you may have selected the Non-Nude version when you were initially installing the replacer.

Also, there are a couple great Youtube channels that I would recommend you spend sometime watching

Gopher

He has a really great series called Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim that will walk you through the fundamentals of Skyrim modding.

Gamepoets

Like Gopher, he also has a great series called Modding Skyrim : Start to Finish and he is associated with the STEP Project.

Obviously there is overlap between the two, but it's also nice to have a different take on performing the basic steps.

I noticed that you said you take your time installing modes (definitely a good habit that you should continue) and that you are checking your load order and try to keep any conflicts to a minimum (again a good habit to have), and so I'm wondering if you are using LOOT to help you in that? 

If not, then I would strongly recommend you get LOOT and let that manage your load order.

Again welcome to LL.

Archived