How to set up custom voice files for lovers?

I already have voice files I want to use (they are my own, not from a voice pack already set up) But...I tried the trick of simply renaming the files to 01,02,etc, setting the file type to wav and replacing what was in sound/FX/lovers/ns0F.

That apparently is not how it's done correctly, because I never hear my custom files, only what remains of the defaults in ns0F.

So there has to be some sort of compatibility with the size or type of file that I have no clue where to begin on. By any chance, is anyone willing to explain like I'm five years old how to set up custom lovers voice so that it will play? I can use Audacity okay, it's how I've worked with the files. But if it ends up involving the CS, please do explain like I'm 5 because I've never used the CS very...extensively before and have no clue.

Thanks anyone for taking the time to read, and if you're interested in explaining thank you a lot!

Archived