Ritual of Molag Bal; becoming a Pure Blooded Vampire [Dawnguard Spoilers]

Daguy

Hm. I was reading the official forums, and had an idea that i'm suprised hasn't come up before, though I may just have missed it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Opusculus_Lamae_Bal_ta_Mezzamortie

^^Here is the tale of the first Vampire in Tamriel, and it turns out to be a true story. All bitten vampires are considered lesser, even the dovahkiin in Dawnguard, despite potentially becoming a Vampire Lord. I... think we have an oppertunity here as an adult modding forum.

Pure bloods can still be made, even if Molag doesn't walk Nirn. On his summoning day it can still go ahead.

To become a pure blooded Vampire Lord a woman has to give herself to be degraded on his alter - or raped by the Daedric Prince. All that is required afterwards is to survive the ordeal until the 'disease' takes root.

I reckon that once we have Dawnguard on the PC this would be an almost perfect quest idea - and an alternate way to become a Vampire Lord for those who don't want to do the DLC or want to roleplay as a true pureblood.

The way I see it there could be two paths. You follow a trail or clues to find the cult, and then it branches off. You can either be power hungry at any cost (and what a cost) and submit 'yourself' to the ritual. Or you can refuse, and be hit by a spell/attack/poison that disables you while you are stuck on the alter by cultists and thinsg go ahead anyway.

(Obviously, a third option would be to just wipe them out without talking, for those not interested on the character they are playing.)

There is a lot of conversation on Serana and her mothers backstories on the forum, and it (almost) always comes back to the ritual. A lot of thinly veiled interest in the details, which are pretty easy to guess for the mod. Women + Molag = horrifically brutal and almost always fatal 'sex' that leaves the subject a Pureblood Vampire.

Right now all we can do is talk about it. But i'd like to think its an interesting and clear idea for a questmod.

The tough part would be Molag himself. The quest is pretty straight forwards. Cultists, maybe a few notes leading to them, a cave full or torture and raped victims, blunt weapons, an alter and some sex animations. However, Molag Bal looks a certain way and maintains this in all his 'incarnations'. It could be done by having him take the form of perhaps a large Dremora as Sanguine and other Daedra do in Skyrim. I doubt we are ever going to see him in the flesh in Skyrim, so this or someone 'making' him is probobly the best that can be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm. I was reading the official forums' date=' and had an idea that i'm suprised hasn't come up before, though I may just have missed it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Opusculus_Lamae_Bal_ta_Mezzamortie

^^Here is the tale of the first Vampire in Tamriel, and it turns out to be a true story. All bitten vampires are considered lesser, even the dovahkiin in Dawnguard, despite potentially becoming a Vampire Lord. I... think we have an oppertunity here as an adult modding forum.

Pure bloods can still be made, even if Molag doesn't walk Nirn. On his summoning day it can still go ahead.

To become a pure blooded Vampire Lord a woman has to give herself to be degraded on his alter - or raped by the Daedric Prince. All that is required afterwards is to survive the ordeal until the 'disease' takes root.

I reckon that once we have Dawnguard on the PC this would be an almost perfect quest idea - and an alternate way to become a Vampire Lord for those who don't want to do the DLC or want to roleplay as a true pureblood.

The way I see it there could be two paths. You follow a trail or clues to find the cult, and then it branches off. You can either be power hungry at any cost (and what a cost) and submit 'yourself' to the ritual. Or you can refuse, and be hit by a spell/attack/poison that disables you while you are stuck on the alter by cultists and thinsg go ahead anyway.

(Obviously, a third option would be to just wipe them out without talking, for those not interested on the character they are playing.)

There is a lot of conversation on Serana and her mothers backstories on the forum, and it (almost) always comes back to the ritual. A lot of thinly veiled interest in the details, which are pretty easy to guess for the mod. Women + Molag = horrifically brutal and almost always fatal 'sex' that leaves the subject a Pureblood Vampire.

Right now all we can do is talk about it. But i'd like to think its an interesting and clear idea for a questmod.

The tough part would be Molag himself. The quest is pretty straight forwards. Cultists, maybe a few notes leading to them, a cave full or torture and raped victims, blunt weapons, an alter and some sex animations. However, Molag Bal looks a certain way and maintains this in all his 'incarnations'. It could be done by having him take the form of perhaps a large Dremora as Sanguine and other Daedra do in Skyrim. I doubt we are ever going to see him in the flesh in Skyrim, so this or someone 'making' him is probobly the best that can be done.

[/quote']

I'm a good deal through Dawnguard's questline, and they're definitely making it apparent that Serana did the nasty with Molag Bal. This reminds me of the 'ol D&D lore revolving around the Priestesses of Lolth. To gain power, they'd summon a large and powerful demon to mate with. Personally, I've always found that pretty arousing, and this vampire business is just as good. I would definitely love to see this scenario put to use eventually :)

The tough part would be Molag himself. The quest is pretty straight forwards. Cultists' date=' maybe a few notes leading to them, a cave full or torture and raped victims, blunt weapons, an alter and some sex animations.

[/quote']

Nice idea. A few things to consider, perhaps:

How to handle the Dawnguard questline if the PC becomes a daughter of Coldharbour before starting the questline? Why does no one notice that there's another pureblood entered into the equation? Best approach is probably to ignore the issue entirely, I suppose.

What benefit do you get for being a pureblood vamp? Apart from a certain snob value at castle Voikhar anyway. You wouldn't want to make the vamp lord form much more powerful certainly. Would people do it just for the bragging rights?

A fun way to open the quest would be for the player to complete the MB deadric quest. Then, after a while, they can be commanded to submit to the ritual, since this is what happens to MB's female worshippers. Of course, you'd have the option to refuse, which would probably trigger encounters with progressively stronger hunter parties until they succeed in carrying the PC to the ritual site.

The ritual is degrading, but it should probably remain a ritual. So I'd try and retain a certain formality to the proceedings. So you could have things like having the congregation each taking turns to smear the PC's naked body with filth. Maybe have them all jerk off over her while chanting MB's name. That sort of thing.

MB rape should probably be violent and brutal, leaving the PC barely alive at the end, and probably with wounds that are slow to heal. I'd be tempted to do something like have him start off with combat, her naked, him invulnerable and the rest of the congregation safe behind a force field. Then on the point of death the PC gets a chance to save her life by begging to be raped by the deadra. If not (this being MB) I'd kill her without further ado. Otherwise, he takes her in all three holes and then gives her to the congregation to use as they see fit for a time. Then I'd probably end with MB ass raping her again and forcing her to swear a humiliating and degrading oath binding her to the deadra. And just to round off proceedings, leave her there at the end, naked and filthy and reeking of sex, and let her make her own way back to civilisation unable to wash off the filth and the stench until she's been reviled as a slut by some good, law-abiding townsfolk somewhere.

Or something like that anyway. I don't want to get too specific ;)

However' date=' Molag Bal looks a certain way and maintains this in all his 'incarnations'. It could be done by having him take the form of perhaps a large Dremora as Sanguine and other Daedra do in Skyrim. I doubt we are ever going to see him in the flesh in Skyrim, so this or someone 'making' him is probobly the best that can be done.

[/quote']

Yeah, the Sanguine approach is certainly the easiest. Not that an MB model wouldn't be cool of course.

Nice idea. A few things to consider' date=' perhaps:

How to handle the Dawnguard questline if the PC becomes a daughter of Coldharbour before starting the questline? Why does no one notice that there's another pureblood entered into the equation? Best approach is probably to ignore the issue entirely, I suppose.

What benefit do you get for being a pureblood vamp? Apart from a certain snob value at castle Voikhar anyway. You wouldn't want to make the vamp lord form much more powerful certainly. Would people do it just for the bragging rights?

A fun way to open the quest would be for the player to complete the MB deadric quest. Then, after a while, they can be commanded to submit to the ritual, since this is what happens to MB's female worshippers. Of course, you'd have the option to refuse, which would probably trigger encounters with progressively stronger hunter parties until they succeed in carrying the PC to the ritual site.

The ritual is degrading, but it should probably remain a ritual. So I'd try and retain a certain formality to the proceedings. So you could have things like having the congregation each taking turns to smear the PC's naked body with filth. Maybe have them all jerk off over her while chanting MB's name. That sort of thing.

MB rape should probably be violent and brutal, leaving the PC barely alive at the end, and probably with wounds that are slow to heal. I'd be tempted to do something like have him start off with combat, her naked, him invulnerable and the rest of the congregation safe behind a force field. Then on the point of death the PC gets a chance to save her life by begging to be raped by the deadra. If not (this being MB) I'd kill her without further ado. Otherwise, he takes her in all three holes and then gives her to the congregation to use as they see fit for a time. Then I'd probably end with MB ass raping her again and forcing her to swear a humiliating and degrading oath binding her to the deadra. And just to round off proceedings, leave her there at the end, naked and filthy and reeking of sex, and let her make her own way back to civilisation unable to wash off the filth and the stench until she's been reviled as a slut by some good, law-abiding townsfolk somewhere.

Or something like that anyway. I don't want to get too specific ;)

[/quote']

Your Eroticraft is impressive! As for vampire benefits, I seem to remember Oblivion gave Vampires a degree of damage resistance, speed enhancement, and a host of other tweaks at the cost of lethal sun interaction. Perhaps a few minor buffs like that could result from the unholy union?

As for the story aspects, (I know this is all hypothetical atm) a reoccurring theme seems to be the union with MB is a choice made to gain limited immortality, so in many cases, I'm not entirely sure it would be non-consensual. Anyway, I'd be glad to see this stuff pop up in SSG, regardless of its form :)

• 5 months later...

Hardly my taste from an erotic standpoint (far, far too brutal), this certainly has massive potential as medium-to-long quest material.

For starters, forcing the player into it is silly. It should be clearly forewarned and easily avoidable... at early stages. But issuing some random command followed by eventually unbeatable hunting parties because they completed one vaguely related quest for no other reason than they wanted a nice mace is just.... unfun.

I think instead, it could be a random even triggered quest. So, say, if you don't have the Mace, a vampire just attacks you every so often. Preferably not a boss-level one (fuck you Dawnguard). But if the player DOES have the mace, the vampire instead approaches and triggers dialog. "You bear a totem of my Lord?" or some such. He/She offers the introduce the player to a Molag Bal worshipping coven that could convince Molag Bal to grant you great power, which would be easy seeing as you clearly already hold some favor with him. The... implications of your decision are explained loosely here, giving no details but emphasizing that you will be broken, body and spirit. This is the clincher - the player has enough info to refuse with no consequence other than never getting another shot at the power. If the player agrees, changing her mind later becomes... less desirable.

The coven home acts as the quest hub of sorts, the player sent out to perform tasks of humility, servitude, and perhaps humiliation, to prove they are willing to cow themselves to Molag Bal's demands. At any time, the player can refuse. At which point she is attacked by about half a dozen angry vampires, but probably more, at once. Kill them, Molag decides you aren't worth his time, you're never bothered again. Of course, unless you cheat, you probably won't survive to start with.

By the time the player gets to the ritual, the questline has established the player is perfectly willing to be Molag's little toy, so from there on it's compulsory. Attempts to resist will result in insta-death.

I'd probably give the above a run. I have one toon who'd be willing to perform whatever acts were necessary to solidify her superiority. One night of complete debasement in exchange for an entire undeath as a superior form of vampire? To her, worth it.

Hardly my taste from an erotic standpoint (far' date=' far too brutal), this certainly has massive potential as medium-to-long quest material.

For starters, forcing the player into it is silly. It should be clearly forewarned and easily avoidable... at early stages. But issuing some random command followed by eventually unbeatable hunting parties because they completed one vaguely related quest for no other reason than they wanted a nice mace is just.... unfun.

I think instead, it could be a random even triggered quest. So, say, if you don't have the Mace, a vampire just attacks you every so often. Preferably not a boss-level one (fuck you Dawnguard). But if the player DOES have the mace, the vampire instead approaches and triggers dialog. "You bear a totem of my Lord?" or some such. He/She offers the introduce the player to a Molag Bal worshipping coven that could convince Molag Bal to grant you great power, which would be easy seeing as you clearly already hold some favor with him. The... [i']implications[/i] of your decision are explained loosely here, giving no details but emphasizing that you will be broken, body and spirit. This is the clincher - the player has enough info to refuse with no consequence other than never getting another shot at the power. If the player agrees, changing her mind later becomes... less desirable.

The coven home acts as the quest hub of sorts, the player sent out to perform tasks of humility, servitude, and perhaps humiliation, to prove they are willing to cow themselves to Molag Bal's demands. At any time, the player can refuse. At which point she is attacked by about half a dozen angry vampires, but probably more, at once. Kill them, Molag decides you aren't worth his time, you're never bothered again. Of course, unless you cheat, you probably won't survive to start with.

By the time the player gets to the ritual, the questline has established the player is perfectly willing to be Molag's little toy, so from there on it's compulsory. Attempts to resist will result in insta-death.

I'd probably give the above a run. I have one toon who'd be willing to perform whatever acts were necessary to solidify her superiority. One night of complete debasement in exchange for an entire undeath as a superior form of vampire? To her, worth it.

Jzargo's exploding flamecloak + lots of healing and Fire resist stuff = Vampire Barbecue.

Spit roasted of course.

I like the idea expansion Jexsam, but it would be nice not to have to go through the Mace quest first, or to have the option of roleplaying stumbling into it as a victim. Options, and all that. I like to roleplay some of my vampires as innocents at first who grow sinister through their experiences.

Look at what MasterChris has done here, it could be part of the Molag Bal rape:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=14529&page=12

I think Selena's description of it as pretty degrading and not wholesome family fare leaves room for a lot of adult activity.

Perhaps a requirement to walk between two towns naked and offer yourself to everyone you meet along the way. If the animations for bestiality ever get done it could be to do everything you meet and not just everyone.

Some interestng posts. :o

Edit: I used 22F16 and managed to summon him, Waxen. He was a basic human male.

I think its because they need actors asigned to their voices in game, thus any model will do for that purpose. Azura appears as a naked dunmer. Molag an imperial male. Wheras Nocturnal, whom we meet, actualy looks as she is supposed to.

So we would still need a heavily modifed/beefed up argonian model with extra frills, or an an entirely new model altogether.

Some interestng posts. :o

Edit: I used 22F16 and managed to summon him' date=' Waxen. He was a basic human male.

I think its because they need actors asigned to their voices in game, thus any model will do for that purpose. Azura appears as a naked dunmer. Molag an imperial male. Wheras Nocturnal, whom we meet, actualy looks as she is supposed to.

So we would still need a heavily modifed/beefed up argonian model with extra frills, or an an entirely new model altogether.

[/quote']

Some very interesting ideas here. I like to see it done :-)

But I’m not sure whether it’s necessary (or immersion-breaking) to have a humanoid incarnation of Molag Bal here.

I have the following in mind: a series of three (?) chambers with strong worshippers of MB. You can fight them, or lay down your weapons in the first chamber and offer yourself as a worthless slave and of course being raped. When you passed the three chambers you enter the main ritual room.

Fighter of slave: You were immediately drugged, stripped, become unable to move, your vision gets very blurry (1st person sight), its dark there, only some red lights flashing here and there. For a short while you only hear your own heartbeat, then the ground starts shaking – Molag Bal is coming. You will not see him, only a huge shadow, and then there are many screams (your own), heavy moaning, sounds of suffering, whispering voices, sounds of gliding tentacles and many other horrifying - and some erotic - sounds.

When it’s over you are nearby dead, naked in a cold chamber, now the change happens – you are a vampire now, a purebred. And you’re not alone, there is your first victim lying in chains and Molag Bals voice commands you to kill her/him and drink your first blood to prove your submission. You cannot leave the cell before killing the victim. Your gear is waiting in a chest on the other side of the door.

In a hardcore-mode the victim could be someone you know – one of the housecarls or vanilla companions.

cheers

(sorry for my English)

Nice idea, though I think the ritual should be just between Molag and the maiden. After all, while obvosuly the woman doesn't need to be a virgin (since Serana's mother was a Daughter), the original tale was of one and there is significance.

It wouldn't actually be impossible to construct Molag Bal in the creation kit. At least not his Daggerfall incarnation. Either an orc or dunmer base, with tanned green skin, with a the curled argonian hornes, dunmer red eyes or custom ones, and sadly some hair as the horns don't quite fit otherwise, make him taller than a Nord and max muscle and we are almost there. Adding an argonian tail if thats possible. All that we would then be missing are hooves.

I had an attempt but i'm not very adept with the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have begun work on this. I am not sure how long it will take to make the mod, as I have to get reaclimated to the Creation Kit. (It has been years since I did any modding.) However, I should have it working in a couple of weeks, depending on how much time I am able to work on it. The only thing I won't be able to do is the model for Molag Bal, as my artistic skills are minimal to nonexistant.

Awesome, i'm looking forwards to seeing it. :D

After looking over pictures only the 'new' Molag would require a new body mod. The original Molag from Daggerfall could be made using bits from other races in the creaton kit.

tumblr_lxl57h3fx91r06jffo4_400.gif

I'd say start with a green dark elf body, argonian horns, hair because the horns don't fit the dark elf head properly (I looked). Argonan or khajit hands for the claws. The only problems would be the hooves and tail, and an argonian tail could substitute perhaps. Then up the size for him to tower over other characters and be broad. It should look something like Molag Bal at that point. Or at least as close as we are going to get. It should at least look no worse than Sanguine turnign up as a generic Dremora and Nocturnal looking pretty much like a human. Hell, you could probobly make an Argonian look somewhat like the statues of Molag from Oblivion just as easily, and he might look more sinister and fitting for the part. The only thing is he would really look just like a big argonian if done wrong.

It's sort of a cop-out, but if you don't want to fuss around with too many unique assets, you can just assume Molag Bal has assumed a different form.  Daedric Princes have no single shape or gender; though some prefer to remain male or female and others may prefer a certain shape, they can all alter themselves at will.  You could safely ignore the cloven-hoofed feet and still be well within canon.

After looking into a few things mainly mods that gave the player their normal face but with vampire features rather than a vampire face, perhaps with becomming a pureblood it would overwrite the base vampire face of the player and instead modify their current to make it a bit more vampiric or even just swap the eyes.

You basically become the next best thing from pureblood in the DLC, and have most/all the abilities, so I don't see the need other than cosmetic for some. And those can already be achieved by cosmetic mods that already exist.

Archived