HDT Physics extension CTDS

Hey people :)

I hope the day finds you well

Lately I am getting a lot of CTDs on game load. They appear as such

FAULTING_IP:
hdtPhysicsExtensions+2713e4
1bab13e4 8b482c mov ecx,dword ptr [eax+2Ch]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff)
ExceptionAddress: 1bab13e4 (hdtPhysicsExtensions+0x002713e4)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000000
Parameter[1]: 0000002c
Attempt to read from address 0000002c

There is no ID for 002713e4 in XEdit.

I am confused as to what might be causing it.

My mods are all up to date. My only guess is it has something to do HDT Floppy SOS or HDT for SAM butt bounce. It only happens when loading a game and only when loading from game start up. in other words I can load the game fine after initial game save load.

Does it seem that maybe one of my HDT mods is not up to date with racemenu or XPMSE? If so how might I update them myself?

are u using windows 10? if u are then welcome to the endless world of CTD using the 32bit skyrim engine, i presume u are using enboost too right, one way to prevent ctd on load is to load a save game w/o any mods then load the current save game, it helps heh

HDT Floppy SOS

Is it known to cause CTDs? Or is it just out of date?

are u using windows 10? if u are then welcome to the endless world of CTD using the 32bit skyrim engine, i presume u are using enboost too right, one way to prevent ctd on load is to load a save game w/o any mods then load the current save game, it helps heh

I actually don't get many CTDs because I modded knowing of the limitations. The fix for the DX 9 limit should be out in the next month or so, so we can finally use all of our GPUs to play skyrim in all its glory.

As far as the load game CTD goes that is usually caused by the infamous Footlk or whatever which in turn is caused by having a ton of animations installed. There is an easier fix than loading a clean game. Try this out http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/? it works 99% of the time.

I am certain it is not the footlk crash, I have hit the limit in big battles here and there but it is not so bad.

Okay so I went through and made sure all my HDT mods are up to date. They are. I made sure I was not using an outdated NIoveride I am not.

I read that perhaps Resaver would be useful in tracking down the cause of this error, I have the tool but have no idea how to use it in this manner. If anyone knows how I might figure this out I would be most appreciative.

Archived