What are these weird check marks?

http://i.imgur.com/IHcH9JK.jpg

Im using a mod called CWDolls and the stockings for bunnysuits have this weird check mark pattern that is only visible upclose. I dont remember this problem when i used to play this game years ago...does anyone know what might cause this? Some sort of client side setting maybe? Pretty sure the actual files (mesh, textures, etc) are fine.

Currently reuploading the mod since it seems all links are dead so if anyone wants to give it a try and see if they can replicate this problem, i will post the link when it's done.

Edit : Just checked some old screenshots and the check marks dont appear to be visible in them...

Maybe it's a conflict from a different mod as I just downloaded the bunny mesh and textures and loaded them into nifskope and those lines are not present. Are you using any ENB's? Might also be a graphical error caused by your graphics card not sure.

post-25667-0-29123700-1497064317_thumb.png

Thanks for helping me check. I doubt its a mod conflict, because its just a standard piece of armor....if there are any conflicts, it would be overriding the stats and not causing a graphical glitch.

Im using a new ENB called "ENB Lite" which might be the cause of it. Im going to see if removing it fixes the problem...

I tried to uninstall ENB from new vegas, i basically deleted all the ENB folders and d3d9.dll. Unfortunately, that seems to have broken my installation somehow...when i try to start the game, i get no video but i can hear the title music playing. Its almost as if the game is STILL trying to use ENB somehow even though there are NO enb files anywhere in my NV folder.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Am i supposed to do something else to uninstall ENB?

Edit : nvm realised I deleted the shaders folder by mistake.

Question PM'd me on this and we did find that the issue is in the normal map, this is not the original map from the mod as I created a "fixed" one for him a year ago to fix a shiny portion on the ear that cut across the ear. Somewhere in my "process" I introduced some kind of artifact that you can see in the second image after applying an effects > alpha mask in paint.net. Even with the odd defect I do not see the issue in my game currently either with or without ENB and Question did not have this issue when I made this for him back when, but in his new config you can clearly see it.

Just thought I would put this out there so others might learn from it, I know I did.

post-139201-0-06504700-1497629088_thumb.jpg

post-139201-0-21908400-1497629104_thumb.jpg

Did the normal map have transparency? If so it might of been caused by paint-net as it tends to not save transparency very good. Have I deleted parts of a texture out and added transparency and saved it in paint-net in nifskope everything looked fine in game those parts were black but loading the texture into gimp2 and then using the save as fixed it. I have also had something that has transparency that was in JPG/TGA but saving it to .dds parts of the transparent parts were removed while other parts lost it completely. I ended up saving it as .DDS then loading it into gimp2 and cutting out the whole texture and then dropping the JPG/TGA file onto the gimp2 screen to add it and fix it and save as to overwrite and fix it.

Update : Imperfection has been helping me to try and fix the textures, but without much success unfortunately.

Is anyone here familiar with texture editing?

http://i.imgur.com/APcbH7D.jpg

The original texture is the one on the far right, and there are weird white parts that show up near the base.

Heres the texture : https://mega.nz/#F!gJQ0CaZQ!TP6zKkqlpHZHF56XdZnThw!4BYDBDJC

It's called bunny_n.dds

I am not sure whats really wrong with the DXT3 and DXT5 ones (other than they have a little more gloss) i made for you maybe someone can explain to me what I am doing wrong. This one was made in Gimp 2.8 using one of the many tutorials on creating normal maps, so hopefully this is what your looking for? Tested in game and looks fine to me so could just be the plugin from paint.net does not work right.

post-139201-0-93098700-1497918982_thumb.jpg

bunny_n.7z

Archived