BnB Skeleton and creatures

So I was messing around with rigging and skeletons when I noticed that the "boince" ability of the BnB skeleton does not work on creatures in the GECK. So much for crazy body horror enemies or boomer type movements. I could be missing something? But I tested all the mtforwards.kif and several body types. I know that .tri files also don't seem to function. But then how do super mutants lip sync? I know have to talk to Marcus again as I'm sure his mouth moved.

Maybe it depends by the kind of experiments you're doing, I don't know what they are so I don't know if it can be useful for you.
But.
There's no bounce ability in a BnB skeleton, because there's no bounce caused by phisics or something like that, as in skyrim happens with HDT.

A breast that moves when you walk means:
- You have a skeleton with 2 extra bones on the breast
- You have a mesh, and the part on the breast is rigged on those 2 extra bones
- You have your walk animation that was modified so that it will move these 2 extra bones too.
Basically, it's all "manual work".

If you want to apply a BnB on a creature, you should first change its skeleton and add the extra bones, then rig the mesh on them, then extract all its animations and add the bounce one by one.

About lip sync - once (famouse modder) told me that he once generated lip files in the very same way you are used to generate those for humans. Well, I never inspected, but I don't think so. I don't think it uses the same way. If you check the SM animations, you'll see there are special idles that are SM speaking. So, in short, I can be completely wrong but I think that when they speak they simply loop an animation where they move randomly the mouth, until they stop speaking. Also, I can't exclude that there's some hardcoded stuff inside the GECK that allows to generate .lip for SM using this system. But what I state comes from the fact that as you said there's no tri and also you'll see the mouth is rigged, there's a bone you can move to animate it, the one used to make them speak in the special idle

Thanks for the reply! The strange bit about the BnB for creatures is that I had the skeleton.... wait it was a long night! Maybe I did Not put the locomotion files in the folder!? Time to test breeder creatures now! There's none for the males you see!

Archived