Little boys play with a dolls for girls.

Guest Katherlne

I played with my neighbours Barbies and Ken, I myself had he-man action figures and legos mostly. I was born gay (yes you are born gay). Kids are kids, they play with what ever is available. Feeling a bit sad tho that there would be some backlash from that and if you bro is gay having that kind of hate in the family can lead to repressing that side of him, and repression leads to unhappiness :(

I won't worry much, I am not father but I have a sweet niece who doesn't like dolls at all, instead she loves toys about war planes and tanks, but aside from that, she is just normal little girl, a bit shy but extremely smart.

Our family talked about that a while ago, we all agree if she really love those boy toys, why not just gives her what she wants? My mom did tell my brother, always leave the options open for my niece, give her a doll from time to time, but if she doesn't want to change, no need to make her.

Your brother will stumble upon a lot of things in his life that is supposed to be "only for girls".

I played a lot with Barbie dolls and my sisters in turn played with my turtles action figures (as in teenage mutant ninja turtles), which I guess was more aimed towards boys.

They also used to apply makeup on me, and we did all kind of things that is not supposed to be for our gender.

None of us turned gay and I certainly did not become a pussy sucker. Just because your brother plays with dolls, it will not program him to pursue cock later on.

Even if he does, it was certainly not a plastic toy from his childhood.

Barbies are pretty fuckin' shit, though. Get that boy a badass Samus figure instead.

I saw the figma link and I saw the normal (toys are us) link.

I swear I'd get him the 9.99 toys-r-us version and hope he didn't burn down the house for revenge in 16 years.

The figma version I'd give him in 16 years to help pay for his used car (or something).

I think I learned something today, but the word "figma" is so specialized no one would care if I forgot it tomorrow.

Anyway thanks for the education.

Well if we follow the dads's train of thought of the son playing with barbies will turn him gay if the son touches his dick or plays with himself he's also going to be gay as well because he is playing with a dick and playing with a dick will make him gay as well.

I am a Dude I never played with barbies or action figures, but Most games I play its as a Female character most of my in game aliases are after female characters I created in oblivion, morrowind, fallout 1-2, and skyrim. I had Lady death statues (pvc) Dawn Statues, posters of Con Tarja Turrunen, and Simmone Simmons on my walls. Plus Lady death posters. I feel that this argument of play manly things or girly things if your are lady or man dont freaking matter. Even my Profile pic is of a lady model I like And I am straight. So I wouldn't worry I think your lil bro is gonna be fine, just support him and when the time comes for the Birds and bee's talk be meticulous and patient your dad is older generation, and may not fully understand how the world has changed I dont blame him, I forgive him. But yea I fail  to see how that will ruin his life. I still have my statues, and cat woman toys of Michelle fifer in my library. I a gun collecter, I load my own bullets and work for the State, with a bachelors in medical administration. plus most of the time when I was kid my family was too poor to afford those cool looking dolls I see now. But in the end even though I was a very poor kid back then I would have loved a doll I did have a teddy bear, I killed him though when I tried to make a catapult I set bob the bear on fire. To this day I am sad about that I killed bob the patch work bear.

I am a Dude I never played with barbies or action figures, but Most games I play its as a Female character most of my in game aliases are after female characters I created in oblivion, morrowind, fallout 1-2, and skyrim. I had Lady death statues (pvc) Dawn Statues, posters of Con Tarja Turrunen, and Simmone Simmons on my walls. Plus Lady death posters. I feel that this argument of play manly things or girly things if your are lady or man dont freaking matter. Even my Profile pic is of a lady model I like And I am straight. So I wouldn't worry I think your lil bro is gonna be fine, just support him and when the time comes for the Birds and bee's talk be meticulous and patient your dad is older generation, and may not fully understand how the world has changed I dont blame him, I forgive him. But yea I fail  to see how that will ruin his life. I still have my statues, and cat woman toys of Michelle fifer in my library. I a gun collecter, I load my own bullets and work for the State, with a bachelors in medical administration. plus most of the time when I was kid my family was too poor to afford those cool looking dolls I see now. But in the end even though I was a very poor kid back then I would have loved a doll I did have a teddy bear, I killed him though when I tried to make a catapult I set bob the bear on fire. To this day I am sad about that I killed bob the patch work bear.

I wrote a real nice answer, a humorous one, and that alone could get my ass booted outta here.

But no one has written how gay they are but it wasn't dolls, it was Brian (Or Brianna).

I Think it was alec Baldwin who said violence was cool for kids, but sex wasn't.

I wonder what he thought about dolls. 

Anyway thanks for your post.

Tell ya, it's a tough task to raise such a little boy. You should give it a try and gain some experience of the third kind :P Just follow your instincts and don't teach him third party understanding of things. The chance that your little babe becomes LGBT is around 5% in the West, so if you intensely hope for a gay son you'll have to raise a few more, just sayin'.

Personally, I had just one doll before school enrollment, an age old 10 inch Qulla puppet made of fabric remnants called Ñusta Willaq (Princess Willaq), a subtle reference to an infamous female military leader of the Qulla who fought the Spanish in the last Inca uprising in the 1780s. And she indeed smells of 1780 or something to this day. "Already grandma's grandma played with her", my grandma tried to school me. Yeah, yeah, long time ago in the Andes and all the rest, I know. Seriously, she looks like shit, not unlike a fuckin' Voodoo doll, a must love... for any evil character. But, she still exists, meant to be handed over from generation to generation to the next little girl to smell history. Take a breath.

Later on my sister and I got Barbies on a regular base, lots of blonde, pale skinned Barbies 'cause dad apparently had bought a whole bundle of that alien stuff. We weren't overly exited about them simply because we black haired cowgirls looked totally different, more chocolate egg-shaped and everything but Western, only dad had these fuckin white legs. Oo. You're gonna need a tan on those things, pa! Dunno what my sister has done with their Barbies, maybe she gave them away as an early political gift, not by chance she works for the gov't today. I for one chopped their heads off, one by one, almost in a kind of 1780 commemoration ritual, I guess. A warrior I was meant to be, not a wifey that makes sandwiches. The high adventure called me from early on. Cha, my sister is straight by passion and has no time for children, and I have a boy and belong to the LGBT. How come? ^^

Hi katherine !

You know what ? I'm a guy and when I was younger I played with my sisters doll and now what ? First i'm straight (and I LOVE women), two i also really like dressing female characters in video game, and three I am the one that dress my sister when I go shopping with her because all of these things made me having good tastes, at least people i know like how she's dressed. So don't worry, you don't know how your brother will be in the future, maybe he'll be a tailor, a designer, maybe he will be a feminist activist, who knows ? ;)

Are there really still men like that in this day and age? If I had a grumpy dad like that; one that that hated me for playing with dolls. I would tell him to shut the fuck up and play house with mother. I would end up getting spanked or something but totally worth it. But seriously what?!

Dad thinks that when he grows up, he will become a gay or "pussy sucker" (under women slave).

There is a correlation between playing with girl toys and being homosexual, but that's not a causation.

It's more likely that your brother is gay than boys playing with boy toys, but your father cannot stop that or prevent that from happening by taking away his dolls.

If you want I can try to find the study again so that you can show it to your dad that what he tries to do is futile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this was the study I mentioned, but I recently stumbled upon this:

Abstract
Lesbian and gay individuals have been reported to show more interest in other-sex, and/or less interest in same-sex, toys, playmates, and activities in childhood than heterosexual counterparts.

Yet, most of the relevant evidence comes from retrospective studies or from prospective studies of clinically-referred, extremely gender nonconforming children. In addition, findings are mixed regarding the relationship between childhood gender-typed behavior and the later sexual orientation spectrum from exclusively heterosexual to exclusively lesbian/gay.

The current study drew a sample (2,428 girls and 2,169 boys) from a population-based longitudinal study, and found that the levels of gender-typed behavior at ages 3.50 and 4.75 years, although less so at age 2.50 years, significantly and consistently predicted adolescents’ sexual orientation at age 15 years, both when sexual orientation was conceptualized as two groups or as a spectrum. In addition, within-individual change in gender-typed behavior during the preschool years significantly related to adolescent sexual orientation, especially in boys. These results suggest that the factors contributing to the link between childhood gender-typed behavior and sexual orientation emerge during early development. Some of those factors are likely to be nonsocial, because nonheterosexual individuals appear to diverge from gender norms regardless of social encouragement to conform to gender roles.

Source:

Childhood Gender-Typed Behavior and Adolescent Sexual Orientation: A Longitudinal Population-Based Study

Archived