View File

Survival Gear Redux v1.1

Description:

This mod is an updated and extended version of the original Survival Gear mod by Onigirl. The meshes have been cleaned up and expanded, alongside other changes.

It adds two sets of modern-style adventurer clothing (in the style of pre-reboot Tomb Raider) for males and females. The sets are modular, and they include several different pieces that can be equipped separately. These are: top/shirt, shorts, boots, gloves, belt, equipment/straps, and goggles. The tops are available in green, black, blue and red variants, the shorts come in green, black, and tan; and the boots come in brown and black.

The outfit is built for the standard UNP shape and for the SOS standard (non-Bodybuilder) body. The included female body is the UUNP Special one, so the HDT-enabled anatomy included in the Special body will be present whenever a female character equips the top without equipping any of the pants, and will remain functional during SL scenes or similar situations as long as you have a proper HDT setup in your game already. The outfit is set to "Revealing" for SOS as well, so male characters will keep their schlong visible as long as no pants are equipped, even when wearing any of the tops. (This is shown on the last pictures of the download page).

The full set has the same stats as the vanilla Glass armor, minus the helmet. The top + bottom combined add up to the cuirass rating (with the top having more armor than the shorts), while boots and gloves have the exact same value as the vanilla glass pieces. The items are tagged as "ArmorMaterialLeather", and will use that reference for any perk that requires a full or matching set. The extra pieces like goggles or belt are tagged as clothing and don't have any armor rating. Items which do have armor can be improved at any workbench.

To get the items ingame, you have three options: 1) using AddItemMenu, 2) crafting the gear at the forge (requires iron and leather as well as the Steel Smithing perk), or 3) using the console to find and add them manually ("help survival").

There are two versions of the mod available: one for Yiffy Age of Skyrim (as can be seen on the images) and another one for Vanilla race setups. The only difference between them is the plugin file and the settings for the gloves and goggles; the actual meshes/textures are the same. Still, you should only download whatever version suits you depending on whether you use YA or not. Otherwise, you will get bugs like humans getting clawed hands and floating goggles or beast races missing their claws and using human meshes for the goggles.

Requirements:

--- XPMSE or any similar skeleton.
--- Any UNP compatible body and textures. UUNP Special-compatible textures are strongly recommended; the mod can be used without them, but the extra bits included in the body will be untextured when wearing any of the tops without the shorts.
--- SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim.*

*-> Note that while SOS is not a harcoded requirement and the mod will work without it, the male version of the outfit will probably not work as intended. So, SOS is strongly recommended unless you only intend to use the items on female characters.

Known Issues:

--- The pants may look a bit weird on males, and deformation is not perfect, which could cause clipping and similar bugs. I may replace the mesh with a more suitable one should I come across anything that may fit the set.

--- Let me know if you come across any issues and i will do my best to fix them as soon as possible.

Future Plans:

--- Potentially adding more color options for top and shorts, as they are relatively easy to add and there are several retextures of the Simply Clothes floating around.

Changelog:

V1.1

--- Separated the mod into two versions: Vanilla and Yiffy Age.
--- Vanilla version: replaced the clawed/beast hands with human ones and assigned the proper human meshes for the goggles (Khajiit still use their own fitting meshes).
--- Yiffy Age version: fixed the data for the goggles to point to fitting beast meshes for Orcs.

V1.05
--- Added two new color options for the top (blue and red) and one for the shorts (tan).

V1.0b Hotfix
--- Fixed some rogue arm weights on the male top and equipment that would cause them to distort and follow the arm when they shouldn't.

V1.0
--- Initial Release.

Credits:

Onigirl for the original Survival Gear.
Petrovich for UNP Simply Clothes.
Derok and Didact2401 for Better Claws and Gauntlets.
BadDog for the hand meshes from Yiffy Age of Skyrim.
Caliente, Ousnius and others for Bodyslide and the UUNP Special body.

Note: according to permissions, everything here should be fine, but if any author wants me to remove their assets from this file for some reason or to edit the credit section, just let me know and I will comply as soon as possible.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/07/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    UNP-compatible body and textures, SOS
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Awesome! Thanks so much for this. Male modern gear is super lacking in Skyrim. 

You mentioned a probable mismatch/deformity when using the pants, but honestly, the only thing I came across was when posing with the shirt, when the character lifts their arms, the back part of the shirt mesh goes along with the arm. If needed, I will take shots showing the issue.

Also, the mesh of the gloves has long nails attached to it for males. 

I don't know if these things were still prevalent with the original mod. 

Nonetheless, it still looks great and I am very grateful. 

post-133600-0-47447700-1496848571_thumb.jpg

post-133600-0-73213300-1496848572_thumb.jpg

post-133600-0-74800800-1496848568_thumb.jpg

You mentioned a probable mismatch/deformity when using the pants, but honestly, the only thing I came across was when posing with the shirt, when the character lifts their arms, the back part of the shirt mesh goes along with the arm. If needed, I will take shots showing the issue. Also, the mesh of the gloves has long nails attached to it for males. 

Thanks for the nice words :lol:! And yeah, modern gear is very hard to come by. That's why I decided to upload this.

Oh, crap about the deformation. That happens because the part of the shirt and the pouches on the straps in the armpit region are too close to the arm itself and get assigned bone weights they shouldn't have. I thought I had excluded the "bad" bones from the shirt/gear weighting setup, but seems like I didn't. I'll try to reweight those parts again, but this time without those bones for real. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, as I state in the description, I originally built the mod for personal use with Yiffy Age, and since all of the races are turned into anthros, I used clawed (beast) hand meshes for the gloves so they would match the "naked" hands. Again, I may build a patch or something to replace the beast meshes with human ones (and the goggles as well), but no ETA on that, because I don't use vanilla/human races in my game anymore and thus I don't have that much motivation to do it. Hope you understand :shy:.

You mentioned a probable mismatch/deformity when using the pants, but honestly, the only thing I came across was when posing with the shirt, when the character lifts their arms, the back part of the shirt mesh goes along with the arm. If needed, I will take shots showing the issue. Also, the mesh of the gloves has long nails attached to it for males. 

Thanks for the nice words :lol:! And yeah, modern gear is very hard to come by. That's why I decided to upload this.

Oh, crap about the deformation. That happens because the part of the shirt and the pouches on the straps in the armpit region are too close to the arm itself and get assigned bone weights they shouldn't have. I thought I had excluded the "bad" bones from the shirt/gear weighting setup, but seems like I didn't. I'll try to reweight those parts again, but this time without those bones for real. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, as I state in the description, I originally built the mod for personal use with Yiffy Age, and since all of the races are turned into anthros, I used clawed (beast) hand meshes for the gloves so they would match the "naked" hands. Again, I may build a patch or something to replace the beast meshes with human ones (and the goggles as well), but no ETA on that, because I don't use vanilla/human races in my game anymore and thus I don't have that much motivation to do it. Hope you understand :shy:.

Take your time, it's fine, really - in normal gameplay, it's perfect. 

In regards to the gloves, I understand, and gloves can be inconsequential since you can always use something else. So if you find yourself working on it, aces, otherwise, it's all good. :)

Alright, I think I fixed the problem with the shirt and the straps following the arms. I removed those weights from the meshes, and I didn't see any more distortion when I tested ingame with some poses that would have shown the issue otherwise, so I'd say it's fixed for good this time. New version is up with the changes.

Please do let me know if you come across any other issues, and feel free to make any suggestions you may like  :shy:.

any possibility of there being a baby blue top texture?

Well, fun fact, I was just thinking about adding precisely that color, as well as red. I think I've seen them used on a retexture of that shirt elswhere, that's why you asked? Anyway I'll see what I can do.

any possibility of there being a baby blue top texture?

Well, fun fact, I was just thinking about adding precisely that color, as well as red. I think I've seen them used on a retexture of that shirt elswhere, that's why you asked? Anyway I'll see what I can do.

I just liked that color and is more iconic lara croft too me xD tan pants with a blue top yay

I just liked that color and is more iconic lara croft too me xD tan pants with a blue top yay

Derp, you are right, that was it, lol. I'll try to get tan pants as well to complete the looks. Thanks for the suggestion :shy:.

Alright, update is live, with the new color options. I think I got them mostly right, but I basically eyeballed it, so it may not be the perfect shade. Also note that the red shirt may appear a bit too vibrant (though I like it that way), but part of the effect is due to my ENB; it should look darker and less saturated in a vanilla/no ENB setup.

Check out the last two pictures to see how they look. Guest starring two of my shark ladies to show them off, lol  :P.

Hope you like it :shy:. And again, if anybody has any similar request, feel free to post them.

Glad I discovered this, but, is there a bodyslide of this, or is one coming?

Not really.

The main drag is the shirt, because when converting it from the standard UNP shape to the Zeroed Sliders UUNP one, the area between the breasts gets crumpled and deformed and looks bad, and "undoing" the shape change by morphing it back to the UNP shape from there does not fix it and it remains like that. I am not going to release an UUNP set with such a flaw, and fixing it manually for each and every single slider that affects the breasts would take too much time and effort.

If anyone wants to do a UUNP conversion and post it elswhere (with the proper credits and links) or here if they contact me, feel free to do so, but I won't be the one to do it, at least not for now. Sorry about it  :s.

• 3 months later...

Okay, had some spare time and decided to finally go ahead and create a fixed version for human/vanilla races. Now gloves and goggles will show up as intended for all races, as long as you download the corresponding version of the mod.

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, lafooo said:

I just tried re-installing this again but Wrye Bash says "Unrecognized Version", it always pops out when I open Wrye Bash, can anyone help?

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with Wrye Bash, but the mod file seems to load just fine with MO, so whatever the problem is it's probably on Wrye's end.

• 3 months later...

I know that this is long overdue, but I would like to point out a minor error in the esp file. The standard head wear includes Khajiit race as does the head wear for Khajiit only so it tries to reference both meshes at the same time, causing them to sort of cancel each other out. 

Here is a fixed esp just to save a little time for anyone looking to download this mod in the future.

Survival Gear.esp

Spoiler

And one for Special Edition too, why not.

Survival Gear.esp

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I know that this is long overdue, but I would like to point out a minor error in the esp file. The standard head wear includes Khajiit race as does the head wear for Khajiit only so it tries to reference both meshes at the same time, causing them to sort of cancel each other out. 

It's been so long I had even forgotten this mod existed, lol. Thanks for the heads up; in case it wasn't obvious, I don't play without YA anymore and didn't actually test the Vanilla version in depth (only did a quick test on human races), so I must have missed that bit.

I'm out of the modding scene at the moment, but once I'm back and I'm done with other pressing issues, I'll try to update the mod with the fix.

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Thinking of something else overdue, I never did post my Bodyslide files for the Survival Gear so I might as well do so now. It is optimized for Special Edition so that is something to keep in mind if you use it. You might need to use the Asset Optmizer or the Nif Optimizer to convert the resultant meshes to something usable by Skyrim32.

Survival Gear SOS UNP Bodyslide SE.rar 18.5 MB · 1 download

Huh..will that bodyslide work at all if you use LE? I've yet to make the switch(And probably won't) to SE for the reason that I've so many mods that aren't on it SE I'd miss if I did.

16 hours ago, Taven said:

Huh..will that bodyslide work at all if you use LE? I've yet to make the switch(And probably won't) to SE for the reason that I've so many mods that aren't on it SE I'd miss if I did.

The current versions of NifOptimizer and AssetOptimizer can back port meshes and textures now so you can try it to see if it works for you.

16 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

The current versions of NifOptimizer and AssetOptimizer can back port meshes and textures now so you can try it to see if it works for you.

Uhhh..how do I use those things? By the looks of it, I could probably seriously mess something up on my own even with just the nif thing. xD