WHUT!?

Anatriax

• 2 weeks later...

Might this become a means of getting HDT into SSE?  I ask this from ignorance of how much HDT might rely upon the functions provided by SKSE, aside from hooking the DLL in to Skyrim.

I was thinking the same thing.  Someone posted on the Nexus SKSE64 discussion that in his reading of HDT source codes SKSE was used only for DLL loading and not its functions.  Unfortunately like every worthwhile post on that thread it was immediately buried underneath all the useless nonsense led to the thread gotten locked.

EDIT: This is probably a moot point anyway.  Even if it were possible and somehow someone gotten it to work, the amount of time passed probably means SKSE64 would have been released already.

Might this become a means of getting HDT into SSE?  I ask this from ignorance of how much HDT might rely upon the functions provided by SKSE, aside from hooking the DLL in to Skyrim.

I was thinking the same thing.  Someone posted on the Nexus SKSE64 discussion that in his reading of HDT source codes SKSE was used only for DLL loading and not its functions.  Unfortunately like every worthwhile post on that thread it was immediately buried underneath all the useless nonsense led to the thread gotten locked.

EDIT: This is probably a moot point anyway.  Even if it were possible and somehow someone gotten it to work, the amount of time passed probably means SKSE64 would have been released already.

Well someone should try and see if it works or not ! and i'm definitely trying !

There are a few mod authors with DLL loaders out there that do some small subset of what we would normally get from SKSE but nothing remotely close to the full range.  I don't see someone outside the SKSE team trying to reproduce the whole thing but I could see more of them deciding, hey I need feature x, y, and z so I'll make a DLL just for that if the SKSE team turns out to have abandoned rather than delayed the project.  I'm perfectly happy with what I already have in SE so I'm content to wait and see.  If SKSE gets done eventually, great.  If not, oh well.  I'll keep playing SE.

In fact, while browsing for new SE mods another DLL loader was just released to enable a mod that apparently improves FPS for large mod lists:

DLL Plugin Loader - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10546/?

SSE Fixes - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10547/?

Archived