I finally waited for so long to get a khajiit and argonian replacer to make them look more humanoid and instead after i download this mod i get this. as you can see the body looks great for detail and such and its the same for the females. sadly though the author tried to use a different mod to replace the ears to begin with and instead i get this AFTER i install his mod with NMM, also doing a manual install. I tried to see if it was the meshes and textures were backwards for the ears and i got a mesh correct but no texture for it. anyone able to help figure out the issue here of why the ears come up either blue like this pic or textures are missing?

here is the mod page. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10112/?

1519401-1496033051.jpg

I finally waited for so long to get a khajiit and argonian replacer to make them look more humanoid and instead after i download this mod i get this. as you can see the body looks great for detail and such and its the same for the females. sadly though the author tried to use a different mod to replace the ears to begin with and instead i get this AFTER i install his mod with NMM, also doing a manual install. I tried to see if it was the meshes and textures were backwards for the ears and i got a mesh correct but no texture for it. anyone able to help figure out the issue here of why the ears come up either blue like this pic or textures are missing?

here is the mod page. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10112/?

1519401-1496033051.jpg

download the other main file called "hotfix for blue ears"

also forgot to mention, when i do a Disable/enable of the NPC from the console and back to game i get a weird discoloration across my screen like a texture is out of whack. like the whole spectrum kind of whack with black mostly mixed in. this is even with the EAR fix installed and still have issues. even the tails do not match the color of there fur it seems. all the tails for ALL of the khajiits is the same grey with a white tip color.

ok i figure for the hell of it to go back and get the ORIGINAL mod and install that. i found a BIG difference between the two. 

Original mod - has ear issues such as missing a basic mesh and textures not showing up and a slight issue with the eyes colors.

SSE mod - 3 issues i now see with the original installed. ears are not working right such as missing textures and meshes on ears leaving only a blank blue block on area of missing ears which is the same as the original mod when installed, and the TAIL is all grey with a white tip which the so called port was bogus. the author who so called ported the mod over did NOTHING and screwed up the mod even more cause the tails are all the same color and shape. The eyes are also slightly brighter or not quiet like they are supposed to be when i killed them they still had there eyes open it seemed.

Basically the so called author Butidigress is a fraud. he didn't port anything over and ended up screwing with the mods textures and made a mess of the tails meshes. the original mod works like its supposed to just need the eyes optimized correctly for SSE and the ears fixed using the original mod to be ported over correctly. if anyone can find a way to fix this i would be glad to have the help. I am in the process of trying to load it in the CK and fix it that way, but the mod wont load due to too many masters needed it seems.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy a fraud as much as either unknowing or lazy.

I checked out the mod and while the ESP was converted, none of the textures or meshes had been. They had a timestamp of September 2016, a month before SSE came out. One of the diffuse maps wasn't even compressed and was 87MB! That was just ridiculous, considering with DXT5 compression it was only 5MB.

Anyhoo since I can't help myself I went ahead and converted the images and meshes for you so you can at least use the mod. Here's a link on Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gJeDB67uPfTFpwZGY5TTBYQkU/view?usp=sharing

I compressed the normal maps with BC7 and converted the various headparts (ears) and tail with NifOptimizer. They *should* work, but this is such a comprehensive mod I can't promise every NPC is Ok. I just did a quick run through with it and the few cats I saw looked OK without purple ears.

I did not convert the facegen data and from looking at it in NifSkope it seemed a little wonky, but nothing too terrible. From the screenshots it looks like those parts work as expected, and I didn't see anything terribly out of whack so there is no need to patch it that I can see.

When you install this, let it overwrite all the things it wants to overwrite from the original mod since you want these new versions to override the old wonky stuff. 

Keep in mind this is a best-effort attempt to fix this mod. If this doesn't fix it, it may require some minor rocket surgery to get it to run right.

hey man, i give you props for making the attempt at fixing the mistake. i will send a message to the author port and let him know the findings. I appreciate the time you took out of your day to take a look and see about a fix. a great many thanks man.

i installed your fix, and instead of Blue block like blob shaped like there ears in just a brick form i am now having a grey form there instead, but there tails are still grey. i think if the tail itself was left alone from the original mod it would work. only the ears need to be fixed up really i think, and the eyes come in pretty good. overall its much better then before.

this was the response i got from the author about what he is doing about the ear issue.

"The textures for the females are mostly 2k/4k I believe and the textures for the male are mostly 2k. I plan on optimizing them in Ordenator for the next release, still working a few kinks out like the helmet bug and such. What do you mean by detail? Are you talking like compression format? Yeah the ears have been bugging me since I began converting it. I originally wanted to switch them out for ears from a different mod, but I haven't been able to get permissions to do so, so I'm kinda stuck with the ears I've got lol."

at least we know he can't get any other ears to use to replace the ones in the mod. maybe someone here or a member of this forum who could give a permission to use the ears they have in his ported mod maybe.

ok the port author has figured out some of the issues and has not corrected a updated version currently at 1.8, i told him the Tails on the khajiits are not right and the original mod works fine as is for the port, so i took the original mods tails and pasted them into my SSE folder and they show up correctly now for the NPC's and as far as i am aware of he only has a helmet issue to deal with now. i would say that this port is now pretty much at a 95% ready and complete stance now. your assitance mertz helped him figure out where he was messing up along with the feedback people gave, i also apologized to the guy for calling him a fraud and bug tested the mod as well from a players view compareing the original and ported mod. seems the reason the ears were wonky was because he didn't update the facegeom data and that caused the blue ear bug.