I've been playing SSE and everything has gone perfectly.  No crashes with 70 mods active in two weeks and 20 hours of play.  So here's my problem.  I walked into Whiterun and there was a lone vampire and two death hounds attacking.  The guards and I killed all three, but after the mayhem, when I decided to loot the master vampires body.  I noticed it was elven with a black face and a white body (Nord white).  This is the first time I ran into a problem playing SSE for the past two weeks.

Has anyone encountered this before?  And if so how did you fix it?  I have one more level before the Dawnguard start recruiting.  I wish to start that quest line, but need the vampires to display properly. 

I've been playing SSE and everything has gone perfectly.  No crashes with 70 mods active in two weeks and 20 hours of play.  So here's my problem.  I walked into Whiterun and there was a lone vampire and two death hounds attacking.  The guards and I killed all three, but after the mayhem, when I decided to loot the master vampires body.  I noticed it was elven with a black face and a white body (Nord white).  This is the first time I ran into a problem playing SSE for the past two weeks.

Has anyone encountered this before?  And if so how did you fix it?  I have one more level before the Dawnguard start recruiting.  I wish to start that quest line, but need the vampires to display properly. 

I did, It has something to do with facegen data... With me it was caused by Vampire fight with claws, and I fixed it by installing the optional patch for it.

I also know that WICO doesn't play nice with any vampire appearance mods (It then causes the same bug)

I did, It has something to do with facegen data... With me it was caused by Vampire fight with claws, and I fixed it by installing the optional patch for it.

I also know that WICO doesn't play nice with any vampire appearance mods (It then causes the same bug)

I don't use any of those mods.  But the good news is, I fought the Master vampire that's near Morthal, and he and his kin looked like normal vampires.  So maybe it was a one time thing?  I will post again if I run into the same problem again.