View File

Skyrim Natural Hair Retextures

Intro:

Hello, and welcome to my first actual contribution outside of a few bodyslide tweaks.

This is more a mod of convenience than anything else and was born out of finding absolutely nothing that solved this annoyance for me already out there.

What is it?:

Skyrim Natural Hair Retextures is a set of Hue/Saturation altered textures for popular Hair Mods out there. Because most Hair collections use a blonde color as their base texture, if you wanted to create a character with white, grey or pastel hairtones You were always fighting against the inherent blonde.

I went through the process of taking the color out of the hair parts, and finding it to be a rather time consuming and tedious task figured that I would upload the results in a collection for others to download and use, cutting out the frustrating process for others. So far I have only done this for KS Hairdos - HDT Physics, as that is the collection I use the most for my play throughs, but I will be doing the same for KS Hairdos Renewal and Apachii Sky Hair further down the line.

Installation?:

Installation is simple, for manual install, just extract and drop into your data folder, overwriting files when prompted. For Mod Managers such as Mod Organizer, place this mod below KS Hairdos - HDT Physics in your Mod Order List (Left panel). I have not used Nexus Mod Manager for several years so... You're on your own there, I'm sure you know how to do this stuff by now?

Requirements?:

KS Hairdos - HDT Physics V 1.0 ~ http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70363/? (and its requirements)

Credits:

Stealthiac and Kalilies - for KS Hairdos - HDT Physics which all the original textures for this come from
The Skyrim Modding Community - For keeping this game interesting and fresh for so many years.

Changelog:

• V 1.0 : Initial Release; KS Hairdos - HDT Physics collection.

An android with synthetic hair making a mod about natural hair..... hm... interesting :P j/k

Unsurprisingly it was a rather large bout of Nier Automata that made me want white hair in my skyrims. I mean, ive never entirely understood the concept behind blonde as a base hue... but it never truly irritated me til now

Huh, never thought i'd want something like this.

I was irritated at first as my character is already blonde( and went to like, some kind of off grey with the mod installed ), and it was a bit difficult having to really, REALLY fine tune the hair to get the right natural shade again, but while going through said fine tuning I noticed how EASY it was to get all other colors. 

Like, one you get used to it, it's super easy to get the perfect  color tone.