Far Cry 5

Darkening Demise

Set in modern day Montana, in the outback this time around instead of tropical islands. You can play in cooperative or by yourself, have a puppy, and take on a bunch of hicks. Not sure about you but shooting a bunch of rednecks is probably the most enjoyable thing I can think of.

One positive thing I will say about this game is that if the rumors are true and they're not just overhyping things, you will be able to choose race/gender of the protagonist, and the world will treat you differently depending on your choices.

This is a pretty huge deal if they go through with it. One of the most immersion breaking things in video games with character customization is how every character you make yourself tend to always be treated the same way (with a few minor differences here and there).  Look at Elder scrolls for instance.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Ubisoft Downgraded Game That Will Be Built Useing All The Assets,Models & Animations From Previous Ubisoft Games ...

Strange How Ghost Recon Wildlands Come To Mind As The Assets,Models & Animations Would Be A Perfect Fit For FC5 ..

It lost me at the premise. If it were set in Texas in the 1990s, Ireland in the 1980s or in some far-fetched future on a planet founded by Space Pilgrims then I could buy a fanatical Christian cult tearing things up.

Yes, I say this as someone who normally likes games to be fairly fantastical. When they are outwardly realistic, the details that they get wrong (be it demographic facts or human psychology) stand out that much more.

For me to care about a First Person Shooter at all, it needs more than just a bare excuse to shoot things,shooting people, and shooting people at other people or things (depending on the weapon selection).

I don't have any hate for any group of people for what they are rather than what they specifically do so the appeal of shooting redneck doesn't do it for me.

• 2 years later...

Archived