Fallout 3 GOTY won't save

So, I took a break from Fallout 3 GOTY for about a year. My last save was at the beginning just outside vault 101. The date on the save is 9/5/16.

Fallout 3 was (and is as far as I can tell) working perfectly. The last time I got 40± hours out of it without any hitches, CTD's or anything. I closely followed the tutorials on getting fallout 3 to work with windows 10. It wasn't the windows 10 anniversary update as that came out in 8/2/16 . I was still able to save and play at that time. 

I decided to go back to the DC waste lands for shits & giggles and suddenly I can't save my game. The save option isn't grayed out or anything. I can click the save text within the GUI, but it doesn't seem to write to my solid state drive. Autosave doesn't work either. Tried to create a new game and the save still doesn't work with the new character. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall and the save still doesn't work.

I've checked the permissions on the save folder to see if they might have mysteriously changed and they are all correct. Didn't need to change the owner of the folder. Full access is set up for me the user.

All google would give me when I started looking for answers is these this and this.  none of the suggestions within those two threads helped me. Nothing else that I came across in my searches seemed to come close to what I'm experiencing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Not sure if it'll help, but here's my mod list

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
CALIBR.esm
FOOK2 - Main.ESM
Lings.esm
FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.ESM
T6M Equipment Replacer.esm
LingsDLC.esm
EVE.esm
Scorpion_Queen_Type3.esp
FOOK2 - Main.esp
Megaton House and Theme Overhaul.esp
More308Ammo.esp
FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp
FOOK2 - DIK [Hotfix].esp
Lonewandererbrooke.esp
GhostArmor HGEC - Conversion.esp
LNC StealthSuit.esp
Persona_and_Secret.esp
Dark_Temptress.esp
Bikini_Armor_TYPE3.esp
Cobra.esp
T6M Equipment Replacer.esp
SilencedSniperRiflesStd.esp
1PipboyPDA.esp
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
RubblePilesFix.esp
FOOK2 - Main [Hotfix].esp

Edit: Sorry to resurrect my old post, but I found out what was wrong! It was my Bitdefender Antivirus. It had blocked the ability of the Fallout3.exe from writing to the "games" save folder.  I always feel a little silly once I figure out what was wrong, but I thought I would post this solution just in case anyone else has this issue. Thanks for everyone who posted their input and mark this as "solved"

Well, after trying everything that I know how to do and everything that google had to offer I ended up installing Tales of Two Wastelands. I'm now able to play and save Fallout 3. Problem solved I guess. Still, it makes me uneasy not knowing why the original version of Fallout 3 suddenly stopped having the ability to save. I mean, nothing changed with the game at all in the year long sabbatical I took. Of course windows 10 had a few up updates.........and my nvidia driver updated a few times.........(shrugs)

It is a prior game save just outside vault 101 that was running just fine a year ago. Just to be clear, I changed nothing on the game. It just sat on my computer for a year waiting to be played and suddenly I can't save. I also tried starting a new game, but that won't save either.

bleeargh. Could it be that your C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Fallout3 has been made read-only. Or could it be that that directory is compressed by Windows to save space. If I recall, new Windows environments will compress directories that haven't been used for a long time.