How to make my character look like a custom race, character, or npc?

Can anyone give me some step-by-step instructions on how I can make my character have the exact body and face of a custom follower mod?

I'm mainly trying to figure out how to turn a follower into a race mod, but any other method works as well.

I don't care about JUST copying the face (I've seen so many posts about just that in other places).

Thanks in advance

I'd like to know as well. There was a poster here who was able to do it but never really shared the steps on how to do it. With that being said, there is an alternate way to do it through the alternate actors mod + the player voice set mod. With alternate actors installed, all you do is take control of any npc you want and then save the game. Essentially you take over the character so everything should be as you want it - body, face, etc. I usually disable the mod after that and then finish it off by adding the custom voice (if you want it) through the voice set mod. Pretty sure it isn't the optimal way to do it but I haven't run into any problems thus far. Not sure if it works on everyone but it worked with Neisa and the other chick by the same author - forgot her name. 

You create a custom race that uses the body meshes and probably the clothes, from your custom follower, setup as a race instead.

Then you make a new game, or use racemenu to edit an existing game, to set your player character's race to the new race.

This is NOT a simple process. You must know how to use the CK well.

The face features can be copied by a number of different mods, such as ECE or RaceMenu, exported from custom race and imported into player character, but again, this is a very complex process.

The typical learning curve would be about 200 hours investment.

-

Can anyone give me some step-by-step instructions on how I can make my character have the exact body and face of a custom follower mod?

you install bodychange and copy paste the files in bodychange folder

170601081121361213.jpg

then you just switch to bodychange x in game

I'm mainly trying to figure out how to turn a follower into a race mod

custom races? that's just asking for useless troubles

a nord using ehei

170601073757398030.jpg

another nord, using... don't know

170601073756276969.jpg

another nord using anna

170601073747203316.jpg

you copy paste skinnaked as new record skinnakedsomething

same for armor addon and texture, and edit whatever you want to edit

you give that to a npc

170601072816473164.jpg

170601072811691577.jpg

that's it

trying to regenerate that head in crap kit would be stupid if it was done in ece or racemenu

170601074511479704.jpg

useless waste of time to copy paste femaleheadnord as new record femaleheadnordehei, to have to rename the nif meshe later

you just open the head nif and replace textures\actors\character\female\... with textures\actors\character\ehei\...