Requesting (probably basic) help with FO4Edit

Good evening mates:

Simple question but unfortunately Google's turning up blank.

I have a replacer mod that makes a lot of edits to NPCs. Some of those edits are for companions that I would rather not have modified. According to the modder, this can be changed via FO4Edit - I quote, "...best to have TES5edit know-how so you can choose which to retain..."

Which neatly leads to my question - how do I do this? Do I just find the entry in the .esp, right click and "remove," save, and move on with my life? Surely it can't be that simple...can it?

Also, the mod in question throws an absurd amount of errors saying "Unused data in: etc, etc..." - don't suppose anybody'd know what that means?

Cheers

Good evening mates:

Simple question but unfortunately Google's turning up blank.

I have a replacer mod that makes a lot of edits to NPCs. Some of those edits are for companions that I would rather not have modified. According to the modder, this can be changed via FO4Edit - I quote, "...best to have TES5edit know-how so you can choose which to retain..."

Which neatly leads to my question - how do I do this? Do I just find the entry in the .esp, right click and "remove," save, and move on with my life? Surely it can't be that simple...can it?

Also, the mod in question throws an absurd amount of errors saying "Unused data in: etc, etc..." - don't suppose anybody'd know what that means?

Cheers

Ignore all the errors for now as they are the errors for every single mod in your load order, and a lot of them aren't actually errors, very few are showstoppers. You can right click groups or esps on the left side and check for errors if you want to do just one file.

But yeah basically find the esp of the file you want to change find the NPC's you don't want changed. you can right click that NPC and remove it from the mod and it will remove all changes to that NPC by that mod, it is as simple as that. You may also see a entry is changed by multiple esps, basically the last esp to mod it wins which is according to load order.

Alternatively you can look on the right at the NPC compared to vanilla and just remove some of the changes or click and drag the original information over into the esp version if you want to keep some of the changes. You can also click and drag changes into later esps too but they may require the original esp to become a master but that's no big issue usually. But if you update a mod you will lose those changes, I copy some changes into a new esp called MyMods and place it at the bottom of the load order to pick and choose anything I want and not lose changes.

Its pretty cool and actually easier to use than the CK for changing lots of stuff quickly. You can tweak armor ratings etc as a lot of clothing mods have unrealistic values.... 80Armor spandex bikini with 50 Energy resistance etc

Dammit sir, you just lost me a beer. I absolutely gambled with my mate that there was no way in hell it would be that easy. Ah well.

Still, thanks for the input, appreciate it. Quite thankful that it's a simple fix tbh, the loss of a free cold beverage notwithstanding.

Cheers