Help with Papyrus

Anatriax

Normally there are very few issues that I cannot diagnose myself. 

However, this issue delves into the realm of papyrus problems, something I've never been good with. And I'm returning after a year away from modding. So I'm rusty. The logs (even with a viewer) are worse than Greek to me. 

Yes, these are issues I've encountered while updating the current guide. It's probably something stupid. Likely just missing a patch.

Any help appreciated.

Papyrus.0.logloadorder.txtmodlist.txtSkyrimPrefs.txtSkyrim.txt

This can help you in understanding   https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4129-skyrim-interpreting-papyrus-log-errors/

But keep in mind that many papyrus errors are essentially harmless and some are there even intentionally.

Are you having a specific problem in game? or just trying to get an error free papyrus.  Because I don't think the latter is really possible (at least not without some ridiculous mod crafting.)

Well a few things i notice at a glance in your load order that I'll bring up.

Ethereal Elven overhaul is notoriously incompatible with many other mods.  Make sure you use TESVEdit to address the conflicts between it and imperious.

NIOoveride HH and HDT high heels are redundant.  Stick with NIO HH system and look through their guide on the homepage for NIOHH to remove the dependancies of your heels from HDT as well as how to make them use NIO using nifscope.   It's really quite easy.

Try installing http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/ Crash Fixes And as their installation guide explains... set the INI file included to use OSallocators (its defaulted to off.. flip it on)  As well as installing the skse preloader they recommend.

Crash fixes will use a better string allocation process as well as help locate and identify any small things you may have missed along the way in your settings.   

Yeah. Removed HDT HH because I'm not using any mods that require it anyway. 

Also, I have crash fixes. For EEO and Imperious, there's a patch for that. Got it. 

All the typical stuff you'd tell people to do, I've done. Guide author :) Remember?

I've narrowed it down to a scripting issue. So if we could focus on that, it would be great.

Your name looks new. It's possible that you've come around while I've taken my hiatus from modding. I'm quite adept at finding and fixing MOST issues. I've actually spent several months helping people find and fix problems in this exact forum. 

Again, like the OP says, I am NOT good with Papyrus. Every other issue I've basically eliminated in the last several hours, thanks to TES5Edit and Wrye Bash.

As for removing the HDT dependency? That's cake. The mods aren't exactly redundant, as different mods require different calls. Good news! Merge Plugins and Relinker got it covered. Both mods, one plugin. No conflicts. 

So please. Stick to papyrus as the title of the thread states.

Hey I've been here since 2012.. written guides.. and still make bonehead moves.  So I generally take a start at the beginning approach.

Papyrus isn't necessarily going to help you with script crashing.  You would need a minidump file.  But, I'm sure you are aware of that.  good luck!

Archived