Can somebody teach me how to add custom race to be compatible with Sexlab Animations

If my following statements sounds "stupid" please do keep in mind that I am a beginner at these things.

(Am familiar on how to compile..decompile and that shiz)

I am attempting to make Sexlab animations be compatible with the creatures and races in the mod 

Predators: The Lost Tribe.

I am aware of:

Xenomorph, Predator-Xeno Hybrid, Xeno Queen -uses werewolf skeleton Editor IDs respectively are (XenoBeastRace, XenoPredator, XenoQueenRace)

So because of them having werewolf skeleton I assumed that sexlab could use werewolf animations for them,,I am just wondering what exactly should one do to make them compatible.

If you did not understand what I was saying earlier...it's like this I want the creatures from Predators mod to use sexlab animations, like how creatures from Skyrim Immersive Creatures and Monster Mod  uses sexlab animations.

Thanks in advance to those that can provide me some help.

If my following statements sounds "stupid" please do keep in mind that I am a beginner at these things.

(Am familiar on how to compile..decompile and that shiz)

I am attempting to make Sexlab animations be compatible with the creatures and races in the mod 

Predators: The Lost Tribe.

I am aware of:

Xenomorph, Predator-Xeno Hybrid, Xeno Queen -uses werewolf skeleton Editor IDs respectively are (XenoBeastRace, XenoPredator, XenoQueenRace)

So because of them having werewolf skeleton I assumed that sexlab could use werewolf animations for them,,I am just wondering what exactly should one do to make them compatible.

If you did not understand what I was saying earlier...it's like this I want the creatures from Predators mod to use sexlab animations, like how creatures from Skyrim Immersive Creatures and Monster Mod  uses sexlab animations.

Thanks in advance to those that can provide me some help.

If they are really using werevwolf's skeleton and your race editor ID's are correct just use:

;This function must be called every game-load
function GameLoaded()
    RegisterForModEvent("SexLabRegisterCreatureKey", "RegisterCreatures")
endfunction

function RegisterCreatures()
    AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoBeastRace")
    AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoPredator")
    AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoQueenRace")
endfunction

Animations will be played for your races. But without genitals - just animations.

ADDED:

oooops, my mistake, forget one thing - or add in script 'import sslCreatureAnimationSlots' or before AddRaceID add 'sslCreatureAnimationSlots.', like:

sslCreatureAnimationSlots.AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoBeastRace")

Kind Regards

I'd say the easiest way to do it is to change them to actually be one of the vanilla creatures. Like, change Xenos so they are technically vanilla werewolves with a custom Xenomorph "bodysuit".

That way, all Werewolf anims will automatically work for them just fine, and they can be given Nude Creatures support easily by using JSON files. Also you don't need any kind of scripting or edits to the main framework scripts. Then, if you want them to retain their abdsurdly buffed stats and damage and so from their custom race data, you can simply add those buffs to a custom spell and give it to them.

In fact, that's what I did for my edited version of the Predators mod, and it all seems to work fine. I have yet to try them out with SL, though, but it should work as well.

In fact, that's what I did for my edited version of the Predators mod, and it all seems to work fine. I have yet to try them out with SL, though, but it should work as well.

Is this something in progress that we can expect to see available at some point, or just for your personal use?  This is relevant to my interests.

Is this something in progress that we can expect to see available at some point, or just for your personal use?  This is relevant to my interests.

Well, releasing it was my original idea, and I even contacted Roland about it (he gave me the OK). The problem is, between RL stuff and my other projects, I haven't had much time to work on it, and I'm stuck at a point where I have some really long and tedious work left.

The thing is, the plugin was full of dirty edits to the worldspace and NavMeshes, so I had to delete them all because there was simply no other way to deal with them due to their sheer volume. This means now I have to go through each and every worldspace edit from the mod (like the added camps and stuff) to check if the vanilla NavMeshes still work or I have to tweak them to account for the new layout. Not only is this proccess long and tedious as I said, but the CK gets very crashy as well, so I have to save a lot and also deal with aggravating reboot times once it crashes and I have to run it again.

Of course, I could release it without the NavMesh stuff, but I'm not sure about it. Though most of my other edits should be done already. As far as I remember, I changed all of the creatures to their vanilla counterparts with custom skins except for the facehuggers (Xenos -> Werewolves, Xeno Cats -> Sabrecats, Yautja Hounds -> Wolves/Companion dogs for the follower ones). The mod also includes tweaks to gear and NPCs, as well as new body textures and assets compatible with UNP for females and SOS for males (just the body itself, though; I have not worked on schlongs yet). And some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Anyway, I may work on it sometime during June, and even if I just have to give up on it for some reason, chances are I will upload what I have here as a resource, so just stay tuned if you want.

Well, releasing it was my original idea, and I even contacted Roland about it (he gave me the OK). The problem is, between RL stuff and my other projects, I haven't had much time to work on it, and I'm stuck at a point where I have some really long and tedious work left.

The thing is, the plugin was full of dirty edits to the worldspace and NavMeshes, so I had to delete them all because there was simply no other way to deal with them due to their sheer volume. This means now I have to go through each and every worldspace edit from the mod (like the added camps and stuff) to check if the vanilla NavMeshes still work or I have to tweak them to account for the new layout. Not only is this proccess long and tedious as I said, but the CK gets very crashy as well, so I have to save a lot and also deal with aggravating reboot times once it crashes and I have to run it again.

Of course, I could release it without the NavMesh stuff, but I'm not sure about it. Though most of my other edits should be done already. As far as I remember, I changed all of the creatures to their vanilla counterparts with custom skins except for the facehuggers (Xenos -> Werewolves, Xeno Cats -> Sabrecats, Yautja Hounds -> Wolves/Companion dogs for the follower ones). The mod also includes tweaks to gear and NPCs, as well as new body textures and assets compatible with UNP for females and SOS for males (just the body itself, though; I have not worked on schlongs yet). And some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Anyway, I may work on it sometime during June, and even if I just have to give up on it for some reason, chances are I will upload what I have here as a resource, so just stay tuned if you want.

Oh, wow.  Had no idea that much work was going on.  I can see how it would be a very daunting task.

And here I was just hoping for an SOS plugin and nude mod for the Predators themselves.

If I had any modding talent at all, I'd offer my help, instead have some moral support.  Go you!

• 6 years later...
On 5/22/2017 at 8:36 AM, MadMansGun said:

you will need to edit SexLab's "sslCreatureAnimationSlots" script to do that.

I tried doing this for the mod "BUVARP SE RE", which adds a custom wolf race named "BUV_WolfCompanionRace" but it did not work. SexLab still wouldn't let me run it as a regular wolf.

Is there something i missed?