Q.A.T. - Quick Animation Toggle

View File

This is my first mod. Suggestions are welcome.

---Description---

Q.A.T. (pronounced "cat") is a simple utility that allows the player to designate hotkeys to enable or disable the Sexlab animation the PC is currently engaged in. It also allows for hotkeys that toggle whether the animation is aggressive and/or is a foreplay animation.

---Purpose---

Starting a brand new Skyrim character can be daunting, with the myriad of settings to configure if you run a lot of mods. This utility is meant to alleviate a small portion of that. Instead of digging through hundreds of animations to determine which ones to turn on or off and which ones to flag as aggressive or foreplay (if you can remember them), you can now just leave all animations on and play the game. Whenever you encounter an animation that you don't like or does not match the type of encounter, you can just press a hotkey to disable the animation, or reclassify it. Over a small period of time, all animations will just fall in their place.

If you add a new animation pack, just install the pack and reclassify the animations as they come up.

Sexlab loads all animations and their classifications during a scene so disabling or reclassifying the animation will not take effect until the next encounter.

The hotkey defaults are as follows:

7: Disable/enable the current animation.
8: Toggle whether the animation is flagged as Foreplay.
9: Toggle whether the animation is flagged as Aggressive.
4: Display the current animation's status and Foreplay/Aggressive flags.
1: (Bonus hotkey) Toggle visibility of the UI for screenshots and recordings. This is the same as running the "tm" command from the console.

All hotkeys can be configured via the MCM.

---Other---

I've been a long-time user of LL mods and always wanted to contribute though, as a new modder, my skills are limited. I decided to make something simple but useful. I find QAT very convenient to use and I hope you do as well.

---v1.1---

So I really messed up when I uploaded the first version and did not know you had to create an archive file so that custom scripts are included. This version should fix that. I recommend just removing the old ESP, creating a clean save and using this new version.

This new version also contains a new MCM page called Group Edits. In this page, you define an animation selection or query by filling in the parameters on the screen.

Actors: The number of actors involved in the animation.
Tags: a comma separated list of tags that animations in the result must contain.
Excluded Tags: a comma separated list of tags for animations to exclude from the result.

Clicking Execute on the query will tell you the number of registered animations that will be impacted by any edits you make.

On the section below called Edits, you decide how to edit the animations returned by the query. Disable will disable all animations returned by the query. You can also use the Tag text input and the Add Tag/Remove Tag options to add or remove the tag from the animations returned by the query.

For example, I tend to not like pillory animations and I don't use mods that need them so I like to disable them across the board. In this scenario, I leave Actors as 2, enter Pillory into the Tags input field and leave the Exclude Tags field blank. When I execute the query, I get back 3 animations. Then, on the Edit section, I click Execute next to Disable. This will cause those three animations to be disabled.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/21/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Framework and its dependencies
  • Special Edition Compatible

If an animation is incorrectly set as non-aggressive and you set it to aggressive, don't you also need to be able to set which "position" is the victim and which is the agressor for that animation?

If you make a save, enter a SL scene, make changes with QAT, then load your save and enter a scene again, will it remember the changes you made?

If an animation is incorrectly set as non-aggressive and you set it to aggressive, don't you also need to be able to set which "position" is the victim and which is the agressor for that animation?

If you make a save, enter a SL scene, make changes with QAT, then load your save and enter a scene again, will it remember the changes you made?

The position of the aggressor is managed by SexLab. All QAT does is add or remove the Aggressive tag or the Foreplay tag of the animation. If the player is the victim of an aggressive animation and you use QAT to flag it as such, it will be used as an aggressive animation even when the PC is the aggressor.

Changes made by QAT are identical to managing your SexLab settings via the SexLab Framework MCM so if you make a change with QAT and save, the changes to the animation will be remembered.

Huh... well this may make my setup of SLAL a good bit faster. There's a few animation packs I download that I adore, but include huge numbers of anims I DON'T like as well as ones I do, depending on the safe file. This... seems to be able to just let me hit 'enable all', then 'register all', then run with it. Interesting. I'll try it.

Edit: WHOO boy am I running out of keyboard keys. Jaxonz Positioner uses up... uh, the entire numpad, for example. Are the 1-9 referred to by this mod on the numpad? It won't cause problems with Jaxonz, as the positioner isn't used during sex, but if my hotbar to equip spells 1-8 at the top of the keyboard is being affected, it's going to cause issues.

Huh... well this may make my setup of SLAL a good bit faster. There's a few animation packs I download that I adore, but include huge numbers of anims I DON'T like as well as ones I do, depending on the safe file. This... seems to be able to just let me hit 'enable all', then 'register all', then run with it. Interesting. I'll try it.

Edit: WHOO boy am I running out of keyboard keys. Jaxonz Positioner uses up... uh, the entire numpad, for example. Are the 1-9 referred to by this mod on the numpad? It won't cause problems with Jaxonz, as the positioner isn't used during sex, but if my hotbar to equip spells 1-8 at the top of the keyboard is being affected, it's going to cause issues.

That situation where you have tons of animations is exactly what this mod is supposed to help address. It can be a chore going through all the animation pages and trying to figure out or remember which where the animations that you liked and didn't like. Just enable all of them and toggle them off or toggle their aggressive and foreplay states if necessary.

This mod doesn't care for which keys you assign. I defaulted to keys on the numpad because I don't have anything mapped to them but any key, numpad or otherwise, should work fine.

Hi mayorfail!
I have a problem in that your Q.A.T. I do not appear in the list of modes in the MCM menu. I've been waiting, played, saved and reloaded save game ... but Q.A.T. Still missing. It may not be related to your MOD (do I have some wrong settings in SexLab?!). In fact, I use 3 sets of animations that seem to me special:
1. Anub's animation dump and 2. Billy's SLAL Animations. ... and the older set 3. SLAL - Animations By Leito. The problem is that I have correctly activated them with Sexlab Animation Loader, I also checked them in the Sexlab MCM menu. All of them appear in Toggle Animation, I have also classified them maually in the Sexlab MCM menu (aggressive or foreplay) and yet when starting an animation I do not see anything in the animation list (I use SexLab Tools v3.0 - to see the list available for the animation in progress).
... maybe they do not use the spell to stir them up. This is where I installed SexLab MatchMaker and SexLab Mass MatchMaker, and I recently installed SexLab Zzz (I still do not know how it works) - surely none helped me to initiate the animations from the two packages that are of particular interest to me (1. Anub's animation dump and 2. Billy's SLAL Animations).

... - here if you have another suggestion for a spell or another way to initiate animations, would it be welcomed for me!... maybe I have some wrong settings in SexLab (it's very hard to configure - so everything works correctly). I do not know what to do next ... maybe one last solution would be to re-open a new game with New Live - mod and then reactivate everything and so it can appear in the list of ways and your Q.A.T. !?

Edited by George222

Hi mayorfail!

I have a problem in that your Q.A.T. I do not appear in the list of modes in the MCM menu. I've been waiting, played, saved and reloaded save game ... but Q.A.T. Still missing. It may not be related to your MOD (do I have some wrong settings in SexLab?!). In fact, I use 3 sets of animations that seem to me special:

1. Anub's animation dump and 2. Billy's SLAL Animations. ... and the older set 3. SLAL - Animations By Leito. The problem is that I have correctly activated them with Sexlab Animation Loader, I also checked them in the Sexlab MCM menu. All of them appear in Toggle Animation, I have also classified them maually in the Sexlab MCM menu (aggressive or foreplay) and yet when starting an animation I do not see anything in the animation list (I use SexLab Tools v3.0 - to see the list available for the animation in progress).

... maybe they do not use the spell to stir them up. This is where I installed SexLab MatchMaker and SexLab Mass MatchMaker, and I recently installed SexLab Zzz (I still do not know how it works) - surely none helped me to initiate the animations from the two packages that are of particular interest to me (1. Anub's animation dump and 2. Billy's SLAL Animations).

... - here if you have another suggestion for a spell or another way to initiate animations, would it be welcomed for me!... maybe I have some wrong settings in SexLab (it's very hard to configure - so everything works correctly). I do not know what to do next ... maybe one last solution would be to re-open a new game with New Live - mod and then reactivate everything and so it can appear in the list of ways and your Q.A.T. !?

I have this problem as well, QAT is checked in Mod Organizer, but the MCM does not show up in game. 

For those of you who cannot see the mod in MCM, go to console and type in

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

Might help.

Also mayerfall , could you please see if you can make this work with npc on npc please and not just the PC?

thanks!

Hi mayorfail!

Hi, thanks for trying out the mod. I'll do a few tests on this but, like all mods that use MCM, SkyUI should pickup and register the mod after detecting it. If there is a problem not related to QAT it might be SkyUI and not SexLab. What version of SkyUI are you using?

On your second point, QAT will not start any new animations. It only reports what the current animation is and let you toggle is enabled/foreplay/aggressive states. QAT alone will not trigger any sex scenes.

For those of you who cannot see the mod in MCM, go to console and type in

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

Might help.

Also mayerfall , could you please see if you can make this work with npc on npc please and not just the PC?

thanks!

I'll do some research to see how to implement this. My modding knowledge is very limited but I'm trying to get better.

I think, I found what causes the problem with MCM menu. As far as I can see in the CK, QAT quest depends on some scripts (QAT_Configmenu, QAT_main). But there's no scripts in the archive in Downolads section, only .esp file.

I second this. Can't use it till the MCM scripts are added. :(

I think, I found what causes the problem with MCM menu. As far as I can see in the CK, QAT quest depends on some scripts (QAT_Configmenu, QAT_main). But there's no scripts in the archive in Downolads section, only .esp file.

I second this. Can't use it till the MCM scripts are added. :(

yup no mcm menu here either.

Just a heads up, I'm working on some of these issues. This is my first mod and I already learned of a few things I did not do "the proper way". The CK is its own demon and external APIs have their own nuances though I'm catching on. I didn't realize I had to bundle the scripts. I thought once they were compiled that the associated .pex files would be included.

I'll release an update soon that should properly bundle dependencies as well as remove some unnecessary ones. The update will also have a bit of new functionality that hopefully you guys will find useful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Still using this. :) I recently decided to try SexLab Tools and was like "I guess I don't need QAT anymore"

Oh how wrong I was! Your toggle menus setting is absolutely ESSENTIAL for me because, unlike other tm hotkey mods, it doesn't work when the menu is open! Which means I can hotkey this to be the same as my screenshot hotkey, hiding the menus for gameplay shots (gotta push the button a couple times to get a HUD free shot, but worth it!), and still be able to take screenshots of my MCM settings without hiding the MCM by accident.

Thank you again for this. :)