Sexlab - Certain animations not playing

Hi!

I've been having an issue lately; some animations are being skipped when they are clearly toggled on. It seems to be random.

I don't remember all of them, but I have Suke's, Anub's, some of Funnybizness' animations and the vanilla ones. I'm not even close to the FNIS animation limit.

What causes this issue? Do I have to toggle off some animations?

What do you mean by "beeing skipped"? If you mean that you can't chose all in SL tools all the time: yes. there is a limit how much animations can be displayed to chose from which is much smaller than the sexlab limit. And there the animations been shown/skipped are supposed to be random, so you have a different choice every time an animation is started, after  a while you should be able to play all. :)

If that's not what you mean: depending on settings in sexlab and mods triggering sexlab, your choices can be limited. For example Defeat usually only plays aggressive animations, Amorous Adventures only consensual. If that doesn't help you  either, be more specific. :P

With being skipped I mean that I've pressed O to change to every single animation I have. Let's say it started with "Missionary", then I go through everything and find myself at "Missionary" again from going through the whole list. I am not able to see certain animations (for example, Anubs Knife or Leito Cowgirl) because of unknown reasons.

Uh... i always thought it would just switch animations randomly, not something like listed next in sexlab. If it does... maybe missing a tag, or the list for that is smaller than the number of possibly installed animations. However, do yourself a favor and get Sexlab tools. It has the limitations mentioned above, but you can still type a tag or name or parts of it (like Leito or Anub), and it will offer you to switch to any animation found there. Straight, without swtiching through 300 other animations first. ;)

Depending on what SexLab mod you're using to start the animations, they may be requesting animations with a specific tag. For example, if the mod asks the framework to provide a list of animations with the "Vaginal" tag, only animations containing that tag will be available as you cycle through.

Even not take into account tags that were used for starting animation:

If you have installed 500 animations - you can't to review them all at once by switching even all of them are for two actors, FM tagged, and currently you're playing Female-Male animation.
Because 128 papyrus limit for arrays. SexLab's GetAnimation...() functions return only 128 animations max. Same with switching animation: when thread is started 'Animations' array is filled with 128 max animations you can cycle through

Kind Regards

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have had Sexlab Tools for a long time but am not entirely sure how to use it. Guess I will experiment with it!

I never really figured out how to use the MCM part which sounds most impressive myself (didn't try much either). What you NEED to know is: when you want to switch to an animation of the same kind (depends on the mod triggering it and context, "same kind" could mean mf tag, or vaginal, or aggressive, or...) press 'H' - if you want a certain animation/tag: press shift+H. You'll get a menu, i think i've never used anything else then the second option from bottom: type the name of tag/animation you search for.

With shift+H you should really find any animation installed, the only remaining restriction is that you can't switch the number of actors. So if you start a foursome, you'll never find a threesome.

*edit: and it happens that SL tools breaks, never figured out how or why, but the menu to switch animations sometimes gets stuck. Sometimes save & load helps, at least after quitting and restarting the game it should work fine again. Just don't panic when it offers you wolve animations only when you're actually having sex with a human.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have had Sexlab Tools for a long time but am not entirely sure how to use it. Guess I will experiment with it!

I never really figured out how to use the MCM part which sounds most impressive myself (didn't try much either). What you NEED to know is: when you want to switch to an animation of the same kind (depends on the mod triggering it and context, "same kind" could mean mf tag, or vaginal, or aggressive, or...) press 'H' - if you want a certain animation/tag: press shift+H. You'll get a menu, i think i've never used anything else then the second option from bottom: type the name of tag/animation you search for.

With shift+H you should really find any animation installed, the only remaining restriction is that you can't switch the number of actors. So if you start a foursome, you'll never find a threesome.

*edit: and it happens that SL tools breaks, never figured out how or why, but the menu to switch animations sometimes gets stuck. Sometimes save & load helps, at least after quitting and restarting the game it should work fine again. Just don't panic when it offers you wolve animations only when you're actually having sex with a human.

Wow, thanks for the help Nazzzgul! This thing works like a charm. I can now play any animation I want. Seriously, thanks again!