I'm an artist and I want to contribute.

Hey, I'm an artist (way2lewd.tumblr) and I'd love to contribute in some way. I'm a fan of loverslab since Oblivion and a big fan of Fallout in general - I feel like it's time to give back a little and help push the Fallout 4 scene forward. Sadly I don't have any coding experience and I imagine the need for 2D artwork is very limited, but still, I'm wondering what form of contribution in terms of artwork would be appreciated the most. 

Right now I'm tending towards doing some prop and armor concept art but I'm not even sure if there are any 3D artists around, who'd be willing to turn those into the real deal. Maybe there are some promising projects, that are in need of concept art or illustrations?

Anyway, I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this!

Your art on that tumblr is pretty incredible - I like it a lot.

I don't know about others, but I would personally love having some concept art for my mods. Art for Nora and Piper getting violated by a gang of raiders would be pretty hot for Four-Play Violate for example.

You can also make your own mods: replacing the FO4 magazines, posters and billboards with your art for example - although some people have already done that.

Ahh, I'll be adding the brothel building aspect of my Prostitution within the next two months. I can make a few paintings of your arts and use them as buildable objects for the players to decorate their brothel.

Dont under-estimate yourself!

2D art can go a long way!

Here are a list of things you can do. For example you could make posters.

You could also do some concept art, for example in my situation maybe if I had a concept art of a slave suit similar to what Kite concepts did then maybe someone can model it if they liked the design.

Or you could learn how to do texture replacements. All textures are in .DDS format, if you learn how to do Normal mapping and follow what the original texture did to make your own changes then you could really change the look of armors in the game.

The best I can do is change some coloring. :P

loving your tumblr, i can see you like futa from time to time. I've got a small and simple mod over here for futa fans and i was hoping to get the textures on the erect model brought in-line with the flaccid model if you were willing to dabble in the basics of 3d mapping.

If you'd prefer to stick with 2D you could compile your work into a painting replacer like this one.

Well hot damn. Futa's not my thing but good giddy god that's some good quality art.

Grine's got a great idea there with the posters, actually. Your style would work fairly well if you did some new 50's style pinups. All we get in the way of replacers are usually existing 50's pinups or anime lazily slapped into a picture frame. Someone willing to take the time and create a few completely new, lore-friendly pinup poster replacers would be greatly appreciated, at least by me and almost certainly by many others.

Retextures are another great idea, too. I don't know the inner working of how power armor paint jobs work, but it would be really cool if someone made some WWII-style pinup girls for power armor like they had on many planes during WWII and the Korean War, and your style would be perfect.

Curious to see what you do with these suggestions. :)

For retexture work (say armor, body, clothing etc).

You can get a look at the UV map via Nifscope (by right clicking on the item in the view window and go under texture the "edit UV map" (just don't edit it instead do a print screen and save the print screen and use that as a base to figure out where what goes on a texture).

Note each mesh inside a nif will have its own individual uv map and texture (some may point to the same texture but use different parts of said texture).

Textures are usually in a 2x2, 4x4, 8x8 patern so 512x512 (.5k), 1024x1024 (1k), 2048x2048 (2k), 4096x4096 (4k), etc...

You could start out by trying to blend textures together better (like the futa mod needs the texture to match the body textures).

And you'll probably need to read up on the output format of the dds files (and I'm not sure how easy it would be to generate FO4 Normals from just a texture, as I've always failed when I try'd it).

For the most part the DDS formats used by Fallout 4 are. DirectX 11 BC7/BCN formats.

You can open and save in that DDS format with the Intel DDS plugin for Photoshop (works with photoshop cc 2017, as well as previous versions... just make sure you install the correct plugin for 32bit or 64bit versions of photoshop).

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin

Have fun and make kinky shit!!!

Thank you guys for all the nice words and pointers, I appreciate it! I will look into retexture work and armor concept art. For now I'll refrain from working on other people's projects until I've done some work myself. I know my way around Luxology Modo and ZBrush as well so I might tackle turning one of my concepts into the real deal myself, even though it seems to be a pretty daunting task from where I'm standing.

@badbabyrum

I never animated anything in my life :P