AFT MCM registering the same follower twice

I apologize if I've made this post in the wrong place. the vampire follower kiria registers twice in aft....I tried resetting her on aft and it still keeps a copy of her on aft. if I recruit her again it creates the second copy of her again. and on another save it made a third copy of her. I switched back to an older save to get rid of the third copy and tried resetting her with aft and reinstalling her, but once recruited all copies come back. resetting aft aka resetting all followers would probably be best, I know it should get rid of all copies of kiria but I don't know what caused it or if it will just happen again. there aren't any clones of her in the game yet aft treats that one person like 2 people. hoping there is an alternative to resetting all followers cuz I gave sooo many of them amazing upgraded armor and I'm hoping to save time and not have to travel to all of them just to get their gear and save it so its not lost in the reset. if anyone has advice I would deeply appreciate it

post-1005995-0-37340000-1495344126_thumb.jpg

I apologize if I've made this post in the wrong place. the vampire follower kiria registers twice in aft....I tried resetting her on aft and it still keeps a copy of her on aft. if I recruit her again it creates the second copy of her again. and on another save it made a third copy of her. I switched back to an older save to get rid of the third copy and tried resetting her with aft and reinstalling her, but once recruited all copies come back. resetting aft aka resetting all followers would probably be best, I know it should get rid of all copies of kiria but I don't know what caused it or if it will just happen again. there aren't any clones of her in the game yet aft treats that one person like 2 people. hoping there is an alternative to resetting all followers cuz I gave sooo many of them amazing upgraded armor and I'm hoping to save time and not have to travel to all of them just to get their gear and save it so its not lost in the reset. if anyone has advice I would deeply appreciate it

Some followers have multiple versions of themselves with different formID's.  Those that have in game customizers for example.  check to see if your follower resembles this using TESVEdit.  If that is the case, AFT could be registering those different versions of followers.

I'm not sure how AFT handles followers but changing where things are in your load order may cause these kind of issues as well... since the first 2 numbers of their formID will be reorganized when you do this.

Sorry I can't help with your problem but could you tell me which AFT you are using? Is it the regular AFT, IAFT or the AFT for SSE?  The reason I ask is because I have used the first two and never seen an MCM like that.

Thanks.

no problem! its the original AFT and the AFT MCM. AFT MCM is a seperate mod

Some followers have multiple versions of themselves with different formID's.  Those that have in game customizers for example.  check to see if your follower resembles this using TESVEdit.  If that is the case, AFT could be registering those different versions of followers.

I'm not sure how AFT handles followers but changing where things are in your load order may cause these kind of issues as well... since the first 2 numbers of their formID will be reorganized when you do this.

what exactly am I looking for in tes5edit. I'm a noob with tes5edit all I know how to do with it is clean masterfiles for skyrim and the dlc's and that's thanks to a youtube video. ps thx for your reply :)

Well in this case you would open the follower mod Kiria and expand the npc list.

You would look for multiple entries of the follower with the same name.  In this case I already checked for you.. there is only one entry.

So we can eliminate that possibility.

The DragonBorn,

Thanks. I'd never heard of AFT MCM - I will be checking it out.

Open TESVEdit (not through NMM or MO).

Let it load all your mods. This will take a minute or two depending on your mod list.

Right click in the left hand pane and select 'filter for conflict losers'.

Search out a video tutorial first ?

Well in this case you would open the follower mod Kiria and expand the npc list.

You would look for multiple entries of the follower with the same name.  In this case I already checked for you.. there is only one entry.

So we can eliminate that possibility.

oh wow thanks lodakai!!!! I really appreciate you looking for me and I know how to do that now thanks to you!. I'm not exactly sure what caused it but for a quick fix I just reset all aft followers and so far it hasn't happened again but it might. I'm not sure if it will or not so I'm gonna keep looking for the cause and update if I find anything. soooo unsure as to what it can be

The DragonBorn,

Thanks. I'd never heard of AFT MCM - I will be checking it out.

Open TESVEdit (not through NMM or MO).

Let it load all your mods. This will take a minute or two depending on your mod list.

Right click in the left hand pane and select 'filter for conflict losers'.

Search out a video tutorial first ?

its really good, though sometimes i feel like it may have caused my issue but i have 0 proof of that outside of the fact that i hadnt had this issue till using it but it was only an issue with the kiria follower so far. i have been using it for a bit now and reset my followers just last night so i havent given it enough time to see if that permanently fixed my issue. but the AFT MCM mod is amazing. if you have a follower that uses spells and you want them to be good at something different it lets you tweak thier stats like skill level and etc to make them good or bad at whatever you want them to be, so you can literally change your followers

Hi,

I've installed and had a quick look at AFT MCM and it looks like it is just what I need for my next play. I'll be having another go with it later tonight.

As for your follower Kiria - this is a vampire mod yes? Never use vampires myself but could it be one entry for her regular self and one for the vampire?

One thing might be to dismiss her and sign her up again later. Dismiss, save, clean save and then get her back.

Hi,

I've installed and had a quick look at AFT MCM and it looks like it is just what I need for my next play. I'll be having another go with it later tonight.

As for your follower Kiria - this is a vampire mod yes? Never use vampires myself but could it be one entry for her regular self and one for the vampire?

One thing might be to dismiss her and sign her up again later. Dismiss, save, clean save and then get her back.

tried that and no success =( im trying to let a little time pass and recruit her again and see if it happens cuz shes working fine after i reset aft but yeah so far that worked i just wanna make sure it doesnt happen again. what you said sounds like it could have been the problem but it registered her 3 times!!! i know crazy. im glad you like the mod. i love how you can actually edit what your followers are good at! this was perfect for me happy i was able to shed some light on this mod for users who didnt know about it. but yeah if you find anything else out about the kiria issue pls let me know

a couple of notes

anytime form ids are changed (adding, removing, or just rearranging load order of mods) will cause that issue (multiple copies in aft).  don't know if that is your problem or not,

and the only way to clear the "bad" entries out is to use AFT's reset all (the whole mod) option (at least that was the only way I could).

another thing that can cause the issue is to gain or lose either Vampirism or Lycanthropy (the follower not you).

another possible cause is some follower mods have quests in them that can also cause the issue (don't know if your follower mod has quests or not).

another possibility is that another mod did a "force dismissal" of all followers (if the method used was not compatible with ATF) which might cause the issue (because you had to

recruit them again, but they were not properly dismissed according to AFT).

as for not wanting to have to chase followers all over Skyrim and give them their stuff all over again there is another option.

take all gear from them and just give it back to them (thru regular trade option), use one of the My Home is Your Home mods (there are at least 3 different ones) to assign them a new home, then dismiss them, wait till they go home (you can assign them to any spot you stand at for home), reset AFT, recruit them again (this way they have the gear still, not sure about

changed stats though).

a couple of notes

anytime form ids are changed (adding, removing, or just rearranging load order of mods) will cause that issue (multiple copies in aft).  don't know if that is your problem or not,

and the only way to clear the "bad" entries out is to use AFT's reset all (the whole mod) option (at least that was the only way I could).

another thing that can cause the issue is to gain or lose either Vampirism or Lycanthropy (the follower not you).

another possible cause is some follower mods have quests in them that can also cause the issue (don't know if your follower mod has quests or not).

another possibility is that another mod did a "force dismissal" of all followers (if the method used was not compatible with ATF) which might cause the issue (because you had to

recruit them again, but they were not properly dismissed according to AFT).

as for not wanting to have to chase followers all over Skyrim and give them their stuff all over again there is another option.

take all gear from them and just give it back to them (thru regular trade option), use one of the My Home is Your Home mods (there are at least 3 different ones) to assign them a new home, then dismiss them, wait till they go home (you can assign them to any spot you stand at for home), reset AFT, recruit them again (this way they have the gear still, not sure about

changed stats though).

yeah I think its the removing and adding mods that caused my problem its just strange because I had been doing that for sooo long and this never happened and I would just fall back on my save game cleaner after properly uninstalling mods. I just reset AFT and got it over with lol, but to anyone reading this DO NOT USE AFT MCM that mod randomly just stopped working for me without me adding or changing anything at all! it really sucks because now that its menu is broken I cant install it the proper way from the mcm and that's gonna mess up my save badly if I take it out cuz you cant just fall back on the original aft. I'm gonna have to start a new game completely which I REALLY don't wanna do cuz I've been playing my main character forever ;( if I don't find a fix that's pretty much it and so far I haven't found any solution to that issue but I see people complaining that have it. just a warning to anyone using it, be very careful

Nothing 'randomly just stopped'. There is always cause and effect.

Savecleaner is great but it is not a cure-all. If used incorrectly it can cause problems itself.

Custom followers are a common source of problems with follower all mangement mods.

valcon767's points about vampires and werewolves and IDs being changes etc are all good.

Nothing 'randomly just stopped'. There is always cause and effect.

Savecleaner is great but it is not a cure-all. If used incorrectly it can cause problems itself.

Custom followers are a common source of problems with follower all mangement mods.

valcon767's points about vampires and werewolves and IDs being changes etc are all good.

ok well it was working just fine with no issue for awhile and it did just as i explained it "just stopped" i havent added anything new sorted my load order or etc and i've been using the mod for about 3 weeks now with no issue and nothing new added since...i would say that is pretty random. from what you're saying, I would need to add or change something in my load order or change pretty much anything for there to be a cause and effect, that makes sense but how do you explain just what I've told you? it literally happened at random without anything changing. it was working fine and just broke without me changing something. the last thing I did I can think of was just reset aft which shouldn't result in the menu breaking. it worked fine even after that until a few days later it just broke. yeah pretty random but its whatever. and I haven't changed any followers into warewolves or vampires I just use aft mcm to tweak stats for my followers. if you know why the menu broke man I would love to hear your solution. cuz its a problem no one has answered on the mod page on nexus for the aft mcm XD unfortunately. I tried tinkering with it last night but I don't wanna break it even more. but eh I believe in cause and effect its all data and how the stuff works together I'm aware any little thing can throw it off but as I said I didn't make any changes and it just...idk that's so weird. I'm thinking maybe it had a problem and...hell idk...there weren't any mods added so I cant tell where it comes from...the menu just doesn't work anymore its blank...you would probably know more about me on this cloud as stated before just be careful on your new play through

:) This is Skyrim. It breaks what it wants when it wants.

I've got AFT MCM installed but I'm not really using it yet. In my next game I intend having 10 or 12 followers to take on OBIS bandits so I'm just using the end of this current game to run around Skyrim checking out potential recruits.

Once I do start the new game I'll post if things start to go wrong, or even if they work alright.

:) This is Skyrim. It breaks what it wants when it wants.

I've got AFT MCM installed but I'm not really using it yet. In my next game I intend having 10 or 12 followers to take on OBIS bandits so I'm just using the end of this current game to run around Skyrim checking out potential recruits.

Once I do start the new game I'll post if things start to go wrong, or even if they work alright.

let me know how that goes! sound fun. you should use DFB random encounters if you like big battles, that mod spices up things a lot!!!! I cant play without it tbh. I think I fixed my aft mcm issue fortunately.

still having the same issue with the kiria follower for some odd reason. resetting aft worked for a bit but shes still registering twice again...eventually much like before she will register 3 times. its like over time she registers more and more using up more of aft's follower slots and all her gear and weapons I gave her that are upgraded vanished

still having the same issue with the kiria follower for some odd reason. resetting aft worked for a bit but shes still registering twice again...eventually much like before she will register 3 times. its like over time she registers more and more using up more of aft's follower slots and all her gear and weapons I gave her that are upgraded vanished

Obvious solution is to remove the MCM version and see how the vanilla version performs, or remove the Kiria follower and see how it goes with the other followers.

I have just checked the Kiria support thread on Nexus to see if others are having problems but there is not a lot there. I did notice that she is new and the author's first attempt at a follower so perhaps he didn't get it 100% right?

I'm not playing at the moment so I don't have anything to report.

Obvious solution is to remove the MCM version and see how the vanilla version performs, or remove the Kiria follower and see how it goes with the other followers.

I have just checked the Kiria support thread on Nexus to see if others are having problems but there is not a lot there. I did notice that she is new and the author's first attempt at a follower so perhaps he didn't get it 100% right?

yeah I already removed the mcm version and its the same thing. mcm has been 100 percent removed for awhile now. I'm hoping the mod author fixes this issue. I even tried re installing her but no fix. and thx for the report cloud

yeah I already removed the mcm version and its the same thing. mcm has been 100 percent removed for awhile now. I'm hoping the mod author fixes this issue. I even tried re installing her but no fix. and thx for the report cloud

Then it looks like the finger is pointing at the custom follower. Something in her follower package maybe? Have you checked the support thread for AFT on Nexus?