Stellaris Darker Adult mods

RavenActual

Never tried modding for this game before, but I really enjoy the darker fantasy mods for CK2 and I'm sad there's not options for that kind of thing in Stellaris. I've heard this game is easy-ish to mod and wanted to kick around some ideas and get advice.

I'm hoping to add in some more options when it comes to things like slavery, some new species traits and options and event popups, starting with some darker stuff and then adding in more light and friendly content later on.

I'm striking out at random here though, does anyone have advice on where to start? Like if I wanted to add in a new type of slavery with custom stats is that something that can be done?

The main difference between Stellaris and CKII in this regard is that you play Stellaris on a way greater scope than CKII. In the former you play an empire, your only characters are your leader, your scientists/generals/admirals/governors and your pops. And none of them have any real personality, they're nothing more than numbers on a spreadsheet in a sense. In the latter you have many interactions between characters, individuals whose actions actually matter.

What I want to say is that you won't ever get anywhere near the immersion some CKII mods have with Stellaris. You can add some traits, you can add some events or even event chains. The difference remains - in Stellaris you play an empire, in CKII you play a single character. Which is also why there are no real "dark" mods for EUIV.

Yeah, though I'm not looking for immersion as exactly, I suppose it's more like my conceptual mods would be creating a whole setting for your imagination to play with.

For instance, there's nothing so personal as a CKII story of personal seduction and taboo actions, but playing on a grand scale lets you set up bigger things like species wide sex slavery or other such policies, some of which could just be entirely roleplay wise.

Maybe a quest chain that lets you influence cultural norms among your people or event popups with a more adult flair to them, like a planetary event where mineral gathering is temporarily lessened in exchange for a big happiness boost because someone started an orgy that got so big it affected planetary production targets.

But that's just theory, I still have no idea how to actually do any of this. Does anyone have suggestions perhaps for things they would like to see?

Continue on my tentacle alien idea their trait can be one sex species without any sex slave will have no growth. So starting the game you might have to waste a civic on the Syncretic Evolution or no growth.

Maybe the chemical bliss living standard for the sex slaves due to the tentacles mating with the slaves.(fluids from the tentacle to stop slaves from escaping)

Not so much the tentacle/freaky stuff, but some BDSM-style ideas...

1) The slave population gets chastity belts.  Reduces growth dramatically.

2) Dropping proto-estrogen chemicals into the environment, reduces population growth, and military capability

Being able to make different races Mono-gendered (mono-female makes the most sense, but you could have mono-male who reproduce asexually, like tentacle monsters) which could lead to interesting traits

You could make rape legal, which could lead to pop growth but lower happiness or something like that

Mmmm playing as a tentacle hive mind, raping and spreading across the galaxy

• 1 month later...

I suppose the hard thing is let's say you make one of your population options 'sex slaves.' Then what?

With no events or anything tied to them, you don't even really know they're there unless you view the planet where they are and look at them sitting there with whatever kind of resource building they've got on the plot.

Oddly enough, I've actually found Galactic Civilization III to be easier for me to mod in a way where it's easier for me to feel I'm playing some kind of perverse star based empire.

Stellaris is still expanding though, and as they incorporate more, I'm hoping I can see an clear spot to hook in some content in a meaningful way. I know I was hoping for something more CK2 based with Stellaris, something where my dynasty could spread across the stars and I could create Star Wars/Star Trek/Aliens/Farscape/Predator style adult content.

I do hope someone takes up the mantle and finds a way to accomplish it though, because I've been disappointed in everything I've tried so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived