Sexlab animations & SLAL

My question is this, I completely disabled all the normal animations (and the creature animations those that had that particular creature named),built into sexlab framework that appeared to have a similar tag in the slal packs I have installed. Did the activate all and register animations, but for some reason some animations aren't playing. I have sound but no corresponding actions. Currently I have the following slal packs installed...

FB SLAL Pack by Shashankie v11.0

HCOS SLAL pack V0.99

Sailing Rebel SLAL

SLAL Animations by Leito v1.6

SLAL Bilyy Creature

Anub creature

Anub Human

Are there built-in animations that must remain in use or should these custom animations cover everything?

did you rerun FNIS?

Yes.As stated above, it is only certain animation sequences that are failing to run. My mods that initiate animations are "random attack & sexlab beastess". I also use soulgem oven III and match maker. As an example, I can use a beastess shout to initiate sex with a creature and it works perfectly, then do it again at a later time to the same creature and they just stare at each other. 3 out of 4 times it works fine. I'm just wondering if unchecking all the built in animations is the problem. Like it's playing a tag that no longer is active. None of the authors of the slal packs tell you what built in animations it's safe deactivating once installing their mod. So I'm just guessing at this point.

did you rerun FNIS?

Yes.As stated above, it is only certain animation sequences that are failing to run. My mods that initiate animations are "random attack & sexlab beastess". I also use soulgem oven III and match maker. As an example, I can use a beastess shout to initiate sex with a creature and it works perfectly, then do it again at a later time to the same creature and they just stare at each other. 3 out of 4 times it works fine. I'm just wondering if unchecking all the built in animations is the problem. Like it's playing a tag that no longer is active. None of the authors of the slal packs tell you what built in animations it's safe deactivating once installing their mod. So I'm just guessing at this point.

Tags are assigned to animations so a mod can request a list of animations from Sexlab, or rather having SL start a random one from the list. I wouldn't think disabling all of the built in ones would affect any added through other means. On the other hand, maybe Sexlab doesn't properly realize the anim is disabled and still trying to use it.

I'd suggest trying to change to another animation if the game picks one that isn't working (hit O or Sexlab Tools hotkey).

did you rerun FNIS?

Tags are assigned to animations so a mod can request a list of animations from Sexlab, or rather having SL start a random one from the list. I wouldn't think disabling all of the built in ones would affect any added through other means. On the other hand, maybe Sexlab doesn't properly realize the anim is disabled and still trying to use it.

I'd suggest trying to change to another animation if the game picks one that isn't working (hit O or Sexlab Tools hotkey).

Thanks for the suggestion. By doing as you stated I noticed one consistency when changing animations. An animation that works properly will have a message in the top left corner saying "now playing xxxxxx animation" while an animation that won't play will not have any message. So problem still not solved, but maybe this additional information will help to find the underlying issue.

Archived