Female mesh and skin behaving funny...

Please don't look at this as me crying for help .... But rather, just laugh at this very strange behavior  from FO4 with me. The problem: Base female nude skin and mesh literately refuse to change.

I have been using mods since the days of Skyrim. And I have been modifying FemaleBody_d.dds and the like since first week of FO4.  All mods are running .... game is in perfect state with all the mods I want and such (been tweaking for the last 2 weeks since I came back to FO4).  I have been testing lots of female skin (for personal preference, for fixing that neck/wrist seam, etc...). Base female skin as of yesterday has been Silky Smooth with a "Ida Body" mesh. Then I started to build my usual bodyshape for NPC and install "Pride of Valaha" as skin texture. Even fixed up with Photoshop.  But low and behold, after so many reboot, game restart, common NPCs are stuck with SS skin and Ida body.  

It's extremely obvious because Ida body is just way too different (way too big breasted) for my usual build. And Silky Smooth skin is obviously too minty clean, not fixing with the dirty faces of NPCs. 

I am going to get to the bottom of this.  I guess I just want to share some awkward moment here in case someone may run into this problem.  I mean, it's obvious I enabled loose files.  Look at 238 esp running and 106Gb of total Data folder with all the mods in place (weapons, outfits). I would notice if mods are disabled.  YET, a simple texture replacement does not work??? And it is not going back to vanilla body, it is using a custom body mesh with a custom skin.  

At least I am not CTDing.

Archived