[WIP] A.S.I.A. Orbital Station - Sexbots in Space?

Trykz

With the upcoming release of my A.S.I.A. race mod this coming weekend,

I figured I might as well get a head start on this WIP plugin.

So lets get started  ;)

The station itself is immense. And by immense, I mean REALLY. FREAKIN'. BIG.

It's long corridors, multiple stairwells, and cavernous rooms span numerous decks.

The station is the objective of your A.S.I.A. character, and will become available

at level 50. It is NOT standalone. It requires my A.S.I.A. race mod, as well as

nearly every DLC except Far Harbor.

Built in a fully handcrafted cell, it is windowed on both sides to give off

a truly authentic "floating through space" vibe. It uses nothing but

ambient metallic sounds which greatly enhance that vibe.

The current plan is to clutter it, and then fill it with mobs of various races,

such as Synths, Radroaches, and various Generational models from

my race mod, which the player needs to eliminate to take control,

and actual possession of the station. It will be fully workshop capable,

so you'll be free to kit it out however you like....

post-26143-0-64787900-1494979278_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-72068800-1494979283_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-56750400-1494979292_thumb.jpg

AFTER you kill everything that's trying to kill you  :angry:

post-26143-0-01331100-1494979299_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-29071400-1494979304_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-00828500-1494979310_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-30057300-1494979317_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-59546500-1494979324_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-36650100-1494979329_thumb.jpg

I'm currently working on what will eventually be the player's quarters, which

will give a 360 degree view outside of the station. You won't be able to see

the station itself (for obvious reasons), but you'll have a sweet view of the planet,

moon, and asteroid and star fields.

post-26143-0-39514100-1494979334_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-28753200-1494979516_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-44121200-1494979522_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-21329000-1494979528_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-85953500-1494979533_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-50305100-1494979539_thumb.jpg

I'm aiming for a mid-September release, but it could be as late as October

depending on any currently unforeseeable issues.

post-26143-0-10469600-1494979545_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-54889300-1494979550_thumb.jpg

I'll try to keep this updated with my progress on at least a weekly basis. Hopefully more, work permitting....

Trykz

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the base mod is available for download, I can start focusing my attention on this. If you're playing the main mod, you may have encountered a number of things that seem out of place. These are things that I pre-built for this, and intend to utilize in this update.

Due to the immense size of the station, I'll be adding screenshots as things progress room by room. Toward completion, progress updates will slow down quite a bit. Mostly due to the fact that I have a metric shit-ton of space to navmesh  :s

Trykz

Looks pretty cool.  I don't know if you meant to do it, but it has a kind of Aliens feel to it in the screenshots.

That was kind of the vibe I was going for, yeah. Now if I could only get someone to make me some Xenomorph meshes out of the Deathclaw mesh, I'd be golden LOL

Trykz

One advice I would give is dont make the place too big.

Or else you would not only have trouble putting things in there (unless empty halls and rooms is your thing) and as you put the clutter the entire cell will get more and more laggy unless you set up those blue portal rooms which I find an absolute bitch to do.

One advice I would give is dont make the place too big.

Or else you would not only have trouble putting things in there (unless empty halls and rooms is your thing) and as you put the clutter the entire cell will get more and more laggy unless you set up those blue portal rooms which I find an absolute bitch to do.

The clutter I'm talking about is pretty repetitive. It's not like all the garbage all over the wasteland. Consoles, cabinets, chairs, tables, beds, etc.... once loaded, those things don't really have much effect on framerate. If you have the CK, search these words in the object window filter box:

debris

clutter

paper

trash

stain

pile

dirt

There are literally hundreds of different types of each. Thousands in total. Factor in material swaps and you're into the tens of thousands. And I'm not using ANY of them. Specifically because I absolutely HATE setting up portals. And portals cause major issues with workshops.

Trykz

A few days ago, I caught wind of an asset I thought might fit

right into this like a glove. So I PM'ed the author over at Nexus,

and asked for permission to use it for this update.....

Next day I hear back from him, giving me the all-clear

to use it, and advising me to re-work the conversion

that another author made that wasn't working properly.

So I did just that.

After a full day of working on this in Outfit Studio,

I finally got the conversion's issues fixed. Then I went to

work on the textures in GIMP. So after three days, I

finally have a properly working asset in game, that

just needs a little more work on the textures:

So say hello to the newest member of the A.S.I.A. family...

Project X

post-26143-0-58199400-1496712012_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-80424800-1496712051_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-48045700-1496712058_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-22101500-1496712066_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-42198700-1496712074_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-53110700-1496712082_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-93561600-1496712090_thumb.jpg

A HUGE thanks to bianor for his gracious permission.....

Project X is a highly classified, special purpose sequencing

program that comes with a great many restrictions.

And you MUST have it. Right?

Well first you'll need to steal Project X's terminal sequencer blueprint.

And then, you need to locate all of the parts.

And for that, you'll need to fight into hell and back to get them.

Your search will NOT be easy. In fact, NONE of what you

will experience in your endeavor to build the sequencer

will be easy. The blueprint is hidden somewhere in the unoccupied

office building in Salem. You know, the one that's just sitting there

near the coast? Rumor has it that A.S.I.A. Corporate has

decided to commandeer that building for some special purposes.

Technology MUST advance.

And advancements ALWAYS come with a price.

Is it just a matter of convenience that everyone blames

The Institute for all of The Commonwealth's disappearances?

Or is there something far more sinister lending into it?

Your clues will be few. Your battles will be many.

And once you secure and occupy Project X,

your friends will be NONE.

Everyone will hate what the demon you will

possess and inhabit stands for.....

All. Out. War.

Every time you run that program.....

Stay tuned......

Trykz

Hmmm... body mod from "NYX suit" by crosstieger looks not so much as usual in original mod. Maybe BodySlide did it all, but the original proportions are much more pleasant.

I use crosstiger mod and A.S.I.A. mod and it's perfect....

Hmmm... body mod from "NYX suit" by crosstieger looks not so much as usual in original mod. Maybe BodySlide did it all, but the original proportions are much more pleasant.

I use crosstiger mod and A.S.I.A. mod and it's perfect....

The crosstieger mod is an "armor". This isn't. This turns the armor into a playable race. And the body is fully BodySlide compatible, just as crosstieger's mod is. However, most Skyrim to FO4 conversions have visible differences between them.

I see crosstieger fixed the issue with inner parts of the armor popping through the back while sneaking. I wish him luck with the other issues a couple folks are reporting as well. It's a sizable armor with a ton of parts. And retextures are a bitch for it because of how the textures span over multiple parts of the overall mesh. I spent two entire days just fixing the issue with the foot that you see in a few of the screenshots above.

Anyhoo, back to the CK. I'm beginning to hate setting up lighting  :P

Trykz

Only my opinion. If possible I would replace the human hands too. They ruin the look a bit

You're not alone in that opinion. I'm thinking I might swap in a gloves mesh. Or even better, TWO mechanical hands  ;)

Trykz

So yeah..... definitely liking things this way:

post-26143-0-71294700-1496788014_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-78181600-1496788022_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-30510500-1496788029_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-46665700-1496788037_thumb.jpg

And no, I didn't forget about you "mech hand haters" either  :P

I added Zap Sliders to BodySlide for BOTH sets of hands  ;)

Trykz

Design the hands to have a human "glove" option perhaps?

Heck I'd like to see that on the whole body, removable damageable sections of skin mesh :)

Truth be told, so would I. But I don't think that's quite within the realm of my current skillset LOL

I figured that the human/synth hands were a love/hate kinda thing. The entire body mesh is a single piece in game. Pretty much the same as Gen 1 Synths. So I opted for the zaps so people could choose whichever they prefer. Perhaps in the future, I'll look into how synths take damage and lose parts in combat, and maybe I'll be able to sort something out later.

But for now, I'm back into building out the station. The workshop is all set up, and is centralized to the player living quarters. Mostly because I decided to make the entire rest of station respawn for replay value.

Make no mistake. When you sequence into the Project X race, you're signing up for the fight of your life. The very first time you occupy it, you'll be limited in it's use as it is confined to the station itself. It CANNOT be taken off of the station. Only by following through with building the sequencer terminal OFF station will you be able to use it anywhere else in the game. It is comprised of a multitude of parts listed on the blueprint (which requires the scavenger hunt from hell to find). Much of which is uncommon scrap, and 5 additional custom parts that are very closely guarded, and scattered throughout The Commonwealth. And it doesn't stop there. The station requires level 50 to even board, AND you have to be a specific generational model to use the sequencer. Once you meet every requirement, AND acquire all of the parts to build it, you then need to meet the level and perk based build requirements.

However, I'm confident that you'll be impressed enough with it's performance during your initial takeover of the station, that you'll find that building the sequencer will become your top priority. 

Finally, you'll only be able to build ONE sequencer. Because only ONE of each special parts exist. So you'll need to choose it's build location carefully. And with regard to the fact that EVERYONE will want you dead the second you use it, EVERY time you use it. Even your most loving companions will be gunning for you.

Trykz

Here's some screens of the station after setting

up quite a bit of the interior lighting:

post-26143-0-83574900-1496841629_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-20135100-1496841638_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-28646700-1496841644_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-67094600-1496841650_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-59503700-1496841656_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-42755800-1496841663_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-07166000-1496841671_thumb.jpg

The containment chambers are closed as depicted by the screens.

They are set up in "sets" that are opened by triggers placed

around the station. And that's when the fighting begins  ;)

Doors are controlled by terminals in sets as well.

And you never know what might be waiting for you

behind them. ALL mobs will be set to "protected".

Meaning that although they will fight each other,

they can ONLY be killed by you.

Speaking of mobs, NOTHING on this station will be

your "friend". Not even your own kind. As far as

they're concerned, you are an unauthorized

"intruder" who shouldn't even know about this place.

I'll try to get some more screens of the player quarters up later tonight.

Trykz

You could load the nif into outfit studio. Delete the parts for say the armor on the arms, legs, and torso then save the base under piece as the base body.

then load the entire set again. delete all but the left arm armor plating then save that as the left arm armor nif.

then load the entire set again. delete all but the right arm armor plating then save that as the right arm armor nif.

then load the entire set again. delete all but the torso plating and save that as the torso armor nif.

then load the entire set again. delete all but the left leg armor plating and save that out as the left leg armor nif.

then load the entire set again. delete all but the right leg armor plating and save that out as the right leg armor nif.

Do the same for the head plating and save it as a helmet or something.

Do something similar for the hands. Base = metal skeleton and glove will be armor plating that goes over the metal hand.

Do something similar for the feet as well...

Note: if the armor for the arms is both arms in a single mesh you can highlight the mesh in outfit studio use the masking brush. Disable the X (mirror) function then mask one arm then at the top click set base shape under the slider drop down. Then in the right panel (mesh list) right click the mesh in question and choose "Delete Vertices" this will delete the unmasked vertices of that mesh (say you mask the right arm it will delete the left arm, that is if both arms are part of a single mesh within the nif). Ousinus has add'd in some really neat things into Outfit Studio... that most people never even touch.

Once you have the Parts split up... set the base skin (in the CK) to use the strip'd down body (skeleton body, head, hands, and feet) and have it so you can equip the armor pieces just like a regular player would equip combat armor (so each armor piece nif would get a corosponding armor and armor add-on within the esp).

Maybe even go so far as setting up mulitple texture swaps (material swaps within the esp) to change the armor color at the armor workbench in game.

Just a thought.

Once you have the Parts split up... set the base skin (in the CK) to use the strip'd down body (skeleton body, head, hands, and feet) and have it so you can equip the armor pieces just like a regular player would equip combat armor (so each armor piece nif would get a corosponding armor and armor add-on within the esp).

Maybe even go so far as setting up mulitple texture swaps (material swaps within the esp) to change the armor color at the armor workbench in game.

Just a thought.

You do not happen to have a decent guide on this stuff do you?, last time I was poking around trying to do something on the crafting side of ck, I  eventually gave up as it worked once, then never worked again, I am pretty sure it was keywords, even though when I was working on it I had another file that did work from somebody else and cribbed off it trying to see where the keywords and such fitted, if you are really curious about what I was doing it is on my dumping ground blog here, though to be honest its junk, and sooner or later I will redo it.

Just a thought.

You do not happen to have a decent guide on this stuff do you?, last time I was poking around trying to do something on the crafting side of ck, I  eventually gave up as it worked once, then never worked again, I am pretty sure it was keywords, even though when I was working on it I had another file that did work from somebody else and cribbed off it trying to see where the keywords and such fitted, if you are really curious about what I was doing it is on my dumping ground blog here, though to be honest its junk, and sooner or later I will redo it.

Crafting side in creating or crafting side as at the armor work bench and changing colors?

I mainly do things in FO4Edit as it is easier and less prone to crash (hell it only crash's when you don't have a master for an esp in your setup then it just fails to load and tells you that you "can not edit" anything.... so Xedit for the win.

Crafting items (ie Recipes).... is kinda simple.

Pick an items recipe from the Fallout4.esm (they are all under the "Constructable Object" section).

Copy that as a new record into your esp. Rename the ID, once you have it in your esp change the item that is created and you can even go so far as setting up a keyword to have item show up under at the crafting station... Note: for non Armorsmith/Armor Keyword users they typically will have items created at the chem station.

You can set what station you want items to be created at and set a keyword (say replace utility with the keyword for your mod XYZ items etc). You will need to create a keyword (set the TNAM to "Recipe Filter" and set the full name to what ever mod it is for.

Doing Texture swaps via material swap files is a little more in depth.

You have to create Omod's, Material Swaps, Construble Objects, and set up Specific Keywords and set those keywords up in the armor piece of the nif.

So that goes a little something like this.

1. set your keyword... ID to something like "Texture Swap XYZ" and name to "Color" and add this keyword to each item you want to do texture swaps for in the armor section.

2. set up the "material swap" 's in the esp. This is a simple material file a to material file b....

Note: you will need the material  files (bgsm/bgem/etc) set up and path'd correctly along with the extra texture that the material files will point to....oh joy.

3. You will need to set the constructable object to point to the OMOD.

4. You will need the OMOD's to point to the material swap file.... yeah its kinda PITA!!!

Kinda shitty that you can't have the constructable object point to the material swap file (it would take the omod piece completely out of the process but oh well).

If you want a really really good example on how to do material swaps then take a look at Apal's Leotard esp (with FO4Edit).

That will give you a better understanding of how the material swaps work.

Note: That esp actually goes to the point of also offering nif swaps (there are 8 nif's to switch between 4 with shoes 4 without... T backs and short sleeves are the other options... then there are like 10 different colors... which when you think about it that breaks down to roughly 80 setups for one outfit... color, then with or without boots, with or without sleeves, regular or t-back... that one esp has it all... hell it even has 5 levels of padding from mk1 to mk5).

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13195/?

Actually looking at the A.S.I.A. setup inside the esp...  a material swap could have been done on the actual bodies (in the armor add-on section) for gen 2 thru 4 as they are all the same cbbe body but with different texture sets (or in my case cbbe special bodies with tweaked M-Skin texture sets cause reasons). Something similar to how the vault suits are done in the fallout 4 esm. Just have 2 nif's (the gen 1 body and gen 2 body), then inside the armor add-on section of the esp you would set the material swap so...

ASIAG3NakedTorso - would point to the actors\character\ASIA\G2FemaleBody.nif mesh under the "Female World Model" (MOD3 - Model Filename) and then in the "MO3S - Material Swap" it would point to the material swap file that would switch the material file from "Materials\actors\Character\ASIA\asiag2body.bgsm" to "Materials\actors\Character\ASIA\asiag3body.bgsm"

The Hands would do point to there own material swap file and for ASIAG4NakedTorso it would point to a material swap file that goes from "Materials\actors\Character\ASIA\asiag2body.bgsm" to "Materials\actors\Character\ASIA\asiag4body.bgsm"

That would remove 4 nif's (2 base bodies and 2 hand sets). Which is roughly 2 to 4 megs of uncompressed space and would reduce the bodyslide setup for 2 items as well.... meh what ever its just hard drive space.

• 3 months later...

I've had fun with A.S.I.A for a little while now, and it (Along with the numerous mod request topics I read... So many requests...) sort of inspired me to do something I'd been considering for way too long without taking action: adding assaultron parts to Bodyslide. The end goal is to have physics, and more feminine bits when I'm finally done, but it'll take a while since I'm sort of new to the modding scene. 

I don't want to step on any toes though, I'm not making animations, or turning this into a special new type of NPC, just giving Kleo and her kind the "all Woman" bodies they need to go with their personalities. honestly if anyone has any ideas, advice, or suggestions, I'm open to them.

Thanks for making such satisfying mods, I can't wait to see what this one has in stock, -Labs

I've had fun with A.S.I.A for a little while now, and it (Along with the numerous mod request topics I read... So many requests...) sort of inspired me to do something I'd been considering for way too long without taking action: adding assaultron parts to Bodyslide. The end goal is to have physics, and more feminine bits when I'm finally done, but it'll take a while since I'm sort of new to the modding scene. 

I don't want to step on any toes though, I'm not making animations, or turning this into a special new type of NPC, just giving Kleo and her kind the "all Woman" bodies they need to go with their personalities. honestly if anyone has any ideas, advice, or suggestions, I'm open to them.

Thanks for making such satisfying mods, I can't wait to see what this one has in stock, -Labs

Might be worth while taking a look at this if you are not already aware of it ; https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25531/?

Might be worth while taking a look at this if you are not already aware of it ; https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25531/?

Thanks form the suggestion, I actually brought my idea up to DarkLynxxx the moment I started actually making the conversions, and asked if I could use the "Humanoid" parts, I'm currently waiting on a response. I will say that, while I wouldn't release the modified files without permission, using Humanoid looks pretty good in Bodyslide, so here's fingers crossed.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived