Custom furniture animation - can't make it to work

SAC

I have a problem, trying to assign a custom animation to a piece of furniture - can't make it to work.

So far:

- I've created the furniture

- I put the animations into a folder

- I created a humanracesubgraph entry, associating the animation folder to the keyword

- I assigned the keyword to the furniture

I cannot order an NPC to "sit" into the furniture, I only get "inspect furniture" and the NPC does nothing

There is something I am missing, but can't figure out what.

Some screens attached.

Need help :)

post-1591796-0-69971900-1494827216_thumb.png

post-1591796-0-57343500-1494827223_thumb.png

post-1591796-0-14771000-1494827230_thumb.png

post-1591796-0-20352300-1494827236_thumb.png

Im not sure how well this process can be done in F4Edit so i would recommend to use the CK for that.

After setting up the Subgraph and assigning the keywords to your furniture you need to build  MetaData for your animations to get get entry points for it.

You should take a look at this

Unfortunately the imagehost seems to be down, but the images are in the pdf.

Im not sure how well this process can be done in F4Edit so i would recommend to use the CK for that.

After setting up the Subgraph and assigning the keywords to your furniture you need to build  MetaData for your animations to get get entry points for it.

Thank you very much, I'll read carefully! 

Since I am using existing animations, I think the metadata is already there. Anyway, I will follow your guide and see check what I missed. Thank you for your help!

Not working :(

I created the subgraph in CK, still no joy. I only get "inspect furniture" in game, and it also throws an error "you cannot use this at this time".

If I assign the keyword to a previously working furniture (like your 3-pole), it breaks that furniture too - inspect / cannot use this at this time.

I am uploading the current esp version, maybe you (or someone) can spot what I'm missing.

Noose.esp

Well, fuck me, I think you were right. Even though they are vanilla animations, generating the metadata changed the "inspect" into "sit" and the NPC now gladly "sits" in the furniture... well, until they die, but that's a different story. Thank you!

I'm not even sure whether to blame Beth for their over-cryptic-complicated system, or to thank them for such a moddable platform... I spent two days on this, and I would have never solved it without you pointing this out (thank you again :) )

It's gonna be a pain in the ass to distribute this mod :(

Even though they are vanilla animations, generating the metadata changed the "inspect" into "sit" and the NPC now gladly "sits" in the furniture...

It dosen´t matter if its a already used animation or not, its the new furniture that needs this data.

When generating MetaData for a furniture the entry points ( enter from stand / right / left / etc ) will be generated.

Without these your furniture isn´t usable.

I'm not even sure whether to blame Beth for their over-cryptic-complicated system, or to thank them for such a moddable platform...

It´s a quite simple system, you just need to know what you have to do.

I spent two days on this

Well, dont ask how long it took me to find out ^^

Archived