Direct X issue with ReShade.....Already did research on topic

Hi all,

Windows 10 did an update today, updated to Win10 version 1703.

Whatever this updated included, it killed Fallout 4 completely.

Game will CTD on startup regardless whether it is loaded through F4SE, Steam launcher, modded or unmodded. 

Has anyone had a similar situation and have a solution?

Thanks

EDIT1: Other games (L4D, Rise of Tomb Raider) still work so a media/video software issue is out of the question....

After a bit more research....

Issue is with ReShade. 

Everywhere, people say use DirectX 10 for ReShade to work...etc. 

I have directX 12 with my windows 10. I reinstalled runtimes to DX10.

It still does not work. 

I have all versions of DirectX installed up to 12.

What does this mean? Is ReShade not able to detect DX12 to run?

What version of Reshade are you using?

I updated to newest ENB last week.  It worked great with new Environment setting (and I could disable Darker Night).  Then I proceeded to update Reshade, it comes with a brand new in game menu now like ENB (even better looking) and new effects.  It worked for a few hours.  Then the game would CTD before it gets to intro screen.

After 1-2 hours of switch and test, I found out the combination of ENB, Reshade, F4SE, Shadowboost (maybe) don't play along.  I tried running without F4SE, no go.  My 2nd attempt was to remove Reshade completely... FO4 started.  

My solution: run my older version of Reshade (not sure how much older, but I downloaded it last year). It still gives me some decent effects like LumaSharpern, Curves, and TechniColor.  No DOF.  But it works!

Hope you can learn something from my experience.

Archived