Longer Vanilla Hairs for Females

I'm very new to modding and I was wondering if I could get some immediate help on how to make any vanilla hairstyle for female characters longer. It has been stressing me out for a long while and I've been going extremely insane on finding multiple tutorials on it, ranging from the Fallout 4 Creation Kit to FO4Edit.

As jlttsmiley suggested, there are many being ported over and may fill your desired looks.

Another possibility is just opening the extracted meshes and textures you wish and then open the hair meshes.   Find the points you want longer and just move them.   The interesting part is Textures.  This part I of insuring no problems I have no true knowledge of.

As jlttsmiley suggested, there are many being ported over and may fill your desired looks.

Another possibility is just opening the extracted meshes and textures you wish and then open the hair meshes.   Find the points you want longer and just move them.   The interesting part is Textures.  This part I of insuring no problems I have no true knowledge of.

How do I open the hair meshes and textures? What program do I use?

I personally use paint.net to work with textures.  There are several free programs available.  With the meshes, I do not know what would be the best for you.  I am still learning about them.  But I do believe Bodyslide studio is the easiest way to modify existing meshes

Grab nifskope to edit some basic stuff for meshes. If you want to fully edit the mesh and change weighting etc, then get 3dsmax 2016 with the nif plugin

Grab nifskope to edit some basic stuff for meshes. If you want to fully edit the mesh and change weighting etc, then get 3dsmax 2016 with the nif plugin

Just going to chime in a bit, it would be better to get 3DS Max 2015 instead of the 2016 edition because the Havok tools for the 2015 version are free and available online. This is only relevant if you are in the slightest interested in animations/posing. The Havok tools are no longer offered for free for versions higher than 2015.

Archived