[WIP] Vault Meat UI Project for LL

Hi everyone,

The subject of this thread is to have a constructive method into bringing Shadman's Vault Meat into the UI of Fallout 4. Considering the great strides the community has achieved with Four Play, Devious Devices, F4SS and many others I believe it is indeed the right time to begin developing for a Vault Meat UI Pop-ups for all things in loverslab.

I am happy to announce that through the usage of the Modder's Resource I posted here I was able to make the images you will see below. The resources provided previously were highly technical files for animators to work with. This project is implementing static images (IE not animated) into the game as a first step. Hopefully when this project is fully realized an animator will join the team and animate the still images as originally intended by simply swapping files.

For this project to succeed 3 components will need to be completed.

1) Conversion of the images you will see below into .swf files.

2) A coder to join and set up a framework to detect whats happening and respond by bringing up an image and a line of text as seen here for example. (Coder desperately needed!)

3) For the community to help with different lines & scenario's I might have missed to provide further resources.

The images previewed below have been resized to a lower resolution for showcase purposes. The current originals are 10 times bigger!

Previews

Four-Play (Human)

Anal

Anal_Ready.png

Anal_Schlong.png

Anal_Cum.png

Blowjob

NO_SCHLONG_-_NO_CLIMAX_-_TAME.png

SCHLONG_-_NO_CLIMAX_-_OPEN_-_FORCED.png

NO_SCHLONG_-_CLIMAX_-_HAPPY.png

Vaginal

Closed_Neutral.png

Insertion_Pain.png

CUM_Happy.png

General Hetero & Gay

PIPER_-_HAPPY.png

PIPER_-_PAIN.png

VAULTBOY_HAPPY.png

VAULTBOY_PAIN.png

Four-Play (Creatures)

Deathclaw

DEATHCLAW_-_HAPPY.png

DEATHCLAW_-_PAIN.png

Dog/Beasts

DOG_-_HAPPY.png

DOG_-_PAIN.png

Ghouls

GHOUL_-_HAPPY.png

GHOUL_-_PAIN.png

Super Mutants

MUTANT_-_HAPPY.png

MUTANT_-_PAIN.png

Devious Devices

Bondage Suit

BDSM_CORSET_-_NO_BLIND_-_NO_GAG.png

Ball Gag

NO_BDSM_-_NO_BLIND_-_GAG.png

Blindfold

NO_BDSM_-_BLIND_-_NO_GAG.png

Slave Training

Slave Training

BODY_2_-_ARM_BOUND_-_BONDAGE_-_RESIST.pn

BODY_2_-_ARM_LIMP_-_BONDAGE_-_TAME.png

BODY_1_-_ARM_LIMP_-_BONDAGE_-_BROKEN.png

Body Variation

Pregnancy

BELLY_-_BREAST_-_NEUTRAL_-_CLEAN.png

ADVANCED_BELLY_-_BREAST_-_CONCERN_-_CLEA

LATE_BELLY_-_LARGE_BREAST_-_HAPPY_-_LACT

Fill-Her-Up

BELLY_-_BREAST_-_HAPPY_-_CUM.png

ADVANCE_BELLY_-_BREAST_-_CONCERN_-_CUM.p

LATE_BELLY_-_LARGE_BREAST_-_HAPPY_-_CUM.

Radiation Growth

Basic_Mutation.png

Medium_Mutation.png

Large_Mutation.png

Radiation Growth (Futa)

Basic_Mutation_Schlong.png

Medium_Mutation_Schlong.png

Large_Mutation_Schlong.png

Please Note that some images may contain some imperfection but due to resizing all of them will be eliminated and if not they are a quick and easy fix. Also note that this is not everything, there are other assets that have not been previewed. :)

I believe I have done virtually all that I can in terms of preparing these assets before being converted to SWF files for the game . The only step left, which requires the help of someone well versed in FO4 coding is help me get these into the game.

Otherwise I would love to hear feedback and ideas you may have for the project itself.

That sounds great I really appreciate

Your help! Would it be possible to add lines of text that appears with the image too? Where can we make the image appear?

Oh and I think we should go to the thread I mentioned before. Kind of going off topic in this thread  :)

To keep it flexible, I think that the lines of text should be built into the graphic/swf. You can make a template in the swf that has the text box lined up how you want it and just fill it out with whatever you want it to say for each one.

To start with, I'll make the images appear in the top left. But, I could probably also set it up to lock to center, corners, etc.

Should be pretty easy to set up. Right now, we're just waiting on Four-Play to include the event calls... 

The dimensions can be anything. With F4SE, we have the ability to put any sized graphic anywhere on the screen. So, it's up to you.

For the color, I'm not sure what the exact green is that they use in the UI. You could take a screenshot of the game, pull it into photoshop and check to see what the hex color value is and copy that.

The dimensions can be anything. With F4SE, we have the ability to put any sized graphic anywhere on the screen. So, it's up to you.

For the color, I'm not sure what the exact green is that they use in the UI. You could take a screenshot of the game, pull it into photoshop and check to see what the hex color value is and copy that.

In fallout 4 you could change the UI and Pipboy colors and that color effects pretty much everything UI related.

Uiridium_Chimera spoke somewhat about how Bethesda handled them in the game here.

I found one of the files and this is how it is set up (colorwise)

MQ103_Jewel of the Commonwealth.zip

If you open it in an internet browser the color looks white/gray, so all the assets I posted above have to be changed into that color I guess and the script has to somehow mimic the colors from the UI options the player picks.

In fallout 4 you could change the UI and Pipboy colors and that color effects pretty much everything UI related.

Uiridium_Chimera spoke somewhat about how Bethesda handled them in the game here.

I found one of the files and this is how it is set up (colorwise)

attachicon.gifMQ103_Jewel of the Commonwealth.zip

If you open it in an internet browser the color looks white/gray, so all the assets I posted above have to be changed into that color I guess and the script has to somehow mimic the colors from the UI options the player picks.

I didn't see anything there about how colors are handled.

I think that the approach they used for the UI is not ancient and works pretty well. It certainly is way more accessable to modders than a proprietary system would be.

Does the vanilla Fallout 4 allow changing colors? Or, is that in a mod? I don't recall seeing that feature other than in a UI mod.

I could probably tie that in with custom colors eventually. But, that is a bit more than I was planning at this time. For now, just match the graphics to the default green.

Ok. I see the HUD color setting. Never noticed that before...

It won't matter what color you make the starting graphic. But, you do need to use either a vector drawing in flash or a png with transparency. Otherwise, custom colors will just turn it into a solid rectangle of that color.

I'll try to look into the color thing at some point. But, for now, we just need to get the main functionality working.

Well the PNG should not be an issue at all. But I am having some small difficulty in getting the swf file conversion down without losing quality, I am asking around to see what I can do with that... 

Anyway I attached a test run png of an asset (I will use green in the future ones). Try and see if you can get this into the game.

post-564840-0-89111100-1494703964_thumb.png

What are you using for swf "conversion"?

The easiest way would be to just load up Flash, import the graphics and publish the swf.

I will run some tests now. But, this won't work until the event calls are set up in Four-Play.

Would it be possible, for test purposes to set up a halo tape which will make the image be brought up on the screen? That way until Four Play event calls are set up I can test and view how each piece appears in the game?

I am using Adobe Illustrator for this conversion, figuring out a better way for now though...

Been waiting for a mod like this for ages, thanks for putting effort into making this.

Would it be possible to make it come up for a bunch of different combat scenarios? It would be cool if it had use outside of Four play and that.

Looking forward to it.

Would it be possible to make it come up for a bunch of different combat scenarios? It would be cool if it had use outside of Four play and that.

That should be possible.

My plan is to make it so that mod authors can customize the list of swfs and the event names associated with them. So, then they could call them at any point from their mods.

One case I have to sort out though is when multiple mods use it at the same time...

• 3 weeks later...

The good news:

I have the UI functionality needed for this working. I'm just adding some polish to it still because I'm designing it to be usable for any kind of mod that might want to show graphics, mod title pages, etc. Will post soon.

The bad news:

Four-Play doesn't appear to track the details that the UI system would need to show the right graphics at the right times. So, some further development would be needed on Four-Play to get it working together. Right now, it looks like Four-Play only tells you when an animation starts and when it ends (and which characters were involved). So, that isn't much info to use to determine which graphic to show...

Four-Play doesn't appear to track the details that the UI system would need to show the right graphics at the right times. So, some further development would be needed on Four-Play to get it working together. Right now, it looks like Four-Play only tells you when an animation starts and when it ends (and which characters were involved). So, that isn't much info to use to determine which graphic to show...

Hmm I didn't think that was even active, does it work?

Hmm I didn't think that was even active, does it work?

Not sure. I just looked at the code to see what hooks were there. It does have code to send out custom events for that. But, haven't tested to see if it is hooked up and working.

is it possible to set up initial hooks with the categories i set above and when 4play is more advanced these UI could be hooked to it? Because there is bestiality stuff, pregnancy, body-alteration and etc...

So regardless of mod framework the system would be set up to work. And I could test the images by simply exchanging the different files and see what works and looks best.

The system is designed so that you can set up any hooks you want.

It is essentially a list of hook id names, the swf file that should show when that id name is called and some parameters for where the swf should be displayed on screen, for how long, etc.

Anyone can make their own list, switch out swf files, etc. As long as the mod is installed, it will display those graphics accordingly when the hook id name is called by any mod.

• 2 years later...