Bullet sponge Enemy NPC

This is not what it sounds like.

I was trying to test various things from Physics performance from outfit Physics to animations in combat, etc... especially with animations I can't just "tfc 1" to freeze action.  But it has been so hard to find a mob that either can survive long enough, and doesn't pose a threat to player and companions. Deathclaw is too strong for us to stand there and watch companion fights, raiders may die too quickly (or kill us too quickly). It has been so rough for me trying to spawn enemies and use Stealthboy and chase after my companion to see actions.

So a custom NPC type who either does super minimal damage with a HUGE HP would be ideal. Or better yet, with console command to adjust damage or even ignores attack altogether. I can't use "tcai" because that also turns off companion/settler's AI. It doesn't even have to be great AI. It serves the main purpose of continuing combat. It doesn't matter if this NPC looks like a sponge or a mannequin, or deathclaw.

Side note: this will make great shooting gallery stuff.  Or that is it, I am looking for gallery target that entices NPC to use.

Create a new npc in the Creation kit and flag him/her as essential. This will prevent them dying even if the player kills them. (They just enter bleedout then get back up after 30 secs or so) Might not hurt to duplicate a tire iron, set its dmg as 0 and give it to them as well so they cant hurt you either.

Archived