Vote: DeviousDevices - crafting requirements?

ag12

Should Devices have Perk-requirements to craft?  

381 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vanilla perks such as 'Armorer' and 'Blacksmith' be applied to the recipes for Devious Devices?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe. (See thread for explanation of this awnser)
    • God, stop bothering people!!!!
  2. 2. Should there be special perks for crafting restraints that can only be acquired by e.g perk magazines randomly spawned in the world/bought from Kimy?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe. (See thread for explanation of this awnser)
    • I already told you to stop bothering people!!!

As you may be aware, I'm currently revamping DeviousDevices to make use of Fallout 4's crafting and modding system. That means that in the next version of DD, all items will be craftable at a new restraints workbench (I'm porting the one from CRP by Uiridum_Chimera) and all items that have different color schemes will be colorable ingame.

I'm basically done porting everything to the new system, but I was wondering what you guys would prefer: 'realistic' crafting requirements or 'unrealistic / cheaty' crafting requirements.

Example for realistic crafting requirements: Metal Yoke would require 'Armorer' perk 3 as well as 'Blacksmith' perk 1. Heavy Yoke would require 'Armorer' perk 3 as well as 'Blacksmith' perk 2.

The idea would be to make it so that an inexperienced player character may be able to craft some basic leather restraints, but only a player character skilled in the various crafting skills would be able to craft, e.g a high quality straitjacket.

It wouldn't affect any of the stuff you get from DCW or any other mods, it's purely for crafting restraints at your Workbench.

All restraints will have resource requirements, that's not up for discussion. I'm no fan of breaking the game mechanics, and if the restraints were free to craft, it'd be easy to cheese money by crafting them and selling them to Kimy in Goodneighbor. So keep in mind that Kimy will still sell/buy all the different restraints for caps. The crafting is an optional/additional way to acquire them.

Prob best if both version are there.

I like crafting stuff and getting perks for it, but I can  see people not wanting to go through too much hassle.

One thing I'd def would love is an option to put ballistic weave on them though ^^

There will be no 'two versions'. DD is a framework for other mods to use - the hassle of keeping two parallel builds up to date is way too much to ask from any sane person! :)

I'll look into adding additional modding options, like Ballistic Weave, when I'm done with the rest. At the moment it looks like we're going to have realistic crafting requirements in place. Those who really don't like the hassle can just go to Kimy in Goodneighbor and pay caps for their laziness.

Anyhow, I'll leave the poll running until I get online tomorrow, then I'll go with whatever decision has been reached.

I voted no because based on my experience most people dont bother going out of their way crafting them each time. (most of us in skyrim barely get out of riverwood lol)

in my opinion this stuff could be added later, there is no urgency to it now... 

Thank you for the feedback. The vote is now closed at 57/15/1/1 and 51/14/9/0.

I will put in realistic crafting requirements and have a look at special perks to allow for advancement of your restraints crafting skill.

/closed

• 2 weeks later...

Since they are crafted, can they be modded? It would be neat to make stuff with different quality/type of locks (Keyed, Timed, easy to pick, impossible to pick). Vibs with different strengths, timing and effects.  Materials (easy to cut to impossible to cut). Buckles (basic [easy to struggle out of] to high security [impossible to struggle from]).

In Deviously Cursed Wasteland the traps could use devices with random mods to add greater variety to the bondage experience.

• 2 months later...

I've finished my part, Kimy is currently revising the build - if she finds bugs, I'm going to have to fix those. If she doesn't find bugs, she's just going to implement the stuff she wants in the next update and then we're good to go!

I'm as excited as you are!  :cool:

Archived