Doing a T6M conversion of the Scorched Sierra power armor, but UVW is fucked.

So far I've gotten the mesh the way I wanted just by using NifSkope to copy and paste block branches from other power armor meshes made by Izumiko. Everything works in-game except for the texture, which doesn't look right at all on one side of the chest piece, around the arms, crevasses and ass.

aOey7pK.jpg

isi9DqL.png

atNpRAQ.png

Obviously it's a UV problem but I can't figure out how to fix it without actually editing the UV through NifSkope and painstakingly move every vertex to exactly match the original, and even then, I don't know if that's really the proper way to do it. So to my question, Is there a way I can just simply transfer the UVW from one mesh to another regardless of the number of vertices?

9NdhIRu.png

I also tried doing this with 3ds Max 2016 along with a nif plugin but nothing happens, I think it's just because the vertices are not the same. Is there another software that can actually make this work?

I can't see the pictures.

However I don't think it's possible to do what you want to do - if the UVs are different (and they are, or you wouldn't have problems) I'd redo them in blender

How would you redo them in blender?

Importing the model and redoing it manually, I don't think there's a way to make it automatically and I "feel" the problem is not that the UV is misplaced or misaligned due to the vertex numbers, but its shape is completely different - however I can be completely wrong.

I can't see the pictures.

The images are hosted on "imgur". Out of some reason the link cuts away the first line with "www.imgur.com\..."

By right clicking and selecting "copy-adress" and pasting it into a new browser tab the pics are still loading.

• 2 weeks later...

You can have my version of the Scorched Sierra Power Armor. 

link

Note, that I went into the GECK and added a female version. Otherwise if I played a male character he would look........FABULOUS!.......(no homo).

Actually, I shouldn't call it "mine". I modified the power armor that MAK created in his Type3M Clothing mod on the nexus. I just fiddled with the bear head and other assets from the vanilla mesh and made the one I posted. MAK is the creator of the body suit and armor.

• 4 years later...
On 5/24/2017 at 12:56 PM, bleeargh said:

You can have my version of the Scorched Sierra Power Armor. 

link

Note, that I went into the GECK and added a female version. Otherwise if I played a male character he would look........FABULOUS!.......(no homo).

Actually, I shouldn't call it "mine". I modified the power armor that MAK created in his Type3M Clothing mod on the nexus. I just fiddled with the bear head and other assets from the vanilla mesh and made the one I posted. MAK is the creator of the body suit and armor.

Please repost file :c

this is exactly what I am looking for...