Need Help with SetReaction

Well, I've been trying all day to decipher how papyrus scripting work, I managed to get most of what I need to perform the way I want them to, however I still can't get Synths to turn friendly so I'm left with the SetReaction function. Any one know how to get this to work?? Please be advised, I'm literally new to scripting, so I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out here, maybe once I figure out how things work, you'll have another "scribe" to create mods here ;)

This is the function I'm trying to get to work:

PlayerFaction.SetReaction(CrimeInstituteExterior, 3)

I've already set up the properties:

Faction Property PlayerFaction auto

Faction Property CrimeInstituteExterior auto

what else do I need to do?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

You are setting the reaction of an Actor associated with PlayerFaction will have towards an Actor that is inside the faction CrimeInstituteFaction.

And the number tells what will happen. (According to the wiki 3 is for friends, but I may try also -12 and 12)

Probably the Synths are NOT in the PlayeFraction, and if you want them to be friends of the player you have to switch the two factions.

CrimeInstituteExterior.SetReaction(PlayerFaction, 3)

You are setting the reaction of an Actor associated with PlayerFaction will have towards an Actor that is inside the faction CrimeInstituteFaction.

And the number tells what will happen. (According to the wiki 3 is for friends, but I may try also -12 and 12)

Probably the Synths are NOT in the PlayeFraction, and if you want them to be friends of the player you have to switch the two factions.

CrimeInstituteExterior.SetReaction(PlayerFaction, 3)

I actually tried both ways, the wiki says otherfaction.setraction(playerfaction, int), google search showed other forums and including, oddly enough, Skyrim's wiki I believe saying it's playerfaction.setreation(otherfaction, int).

Regardless, my problem is that the script won't compile, and returns the following error: "SetReaction is not a function or does not exist

"

It's literally driving me nuts  :(

SetReaction is a deprecated function. Use SetEnemy() and SetAlly() instead to modify faction relations. If you're ever in doubt whether a function exists, it's worth checking the wiki page for the script in question, in this case it's the Faction Script you'd want to look at. Don't trust the bookmarks on different pages. GetFactionReaction() is still a thing, but SetReaction() is not.

SetReaction is a deprecated function. Use SetEnemy() and SetAlly() instead to modify faction relations. If you're ever in doubt whether a function exists, it's worth checking the wiki page for the script in question, in this case it's the Faction Script you'd want to look at. Don't trust the bookmarks on different pages. GetFactionReaction() is still a thing, but SetReaction() is not.

You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

I've spend over 20 hours yesterday trying to figure out how to get the logic to work and you have just saved me from my demonic OCD and spared me hours if not days of wasted time. Thanks!  :D

You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

I've spend over 20 hours yesterday trying to figure out how to get the logic to work and you have just saved me from my demonic OCD and spared me hours if not days of wasted time. Thanks!  :D

You're welcome. I know the pain that is Papyrus, I can relate. The hours wasted trying to figure things out that should just work but don't, because Beth decided to change things for no apparent reason. Good luck with your mod.

You're welcome. I know the pain that is Papyrus, I can relate. The hours wasted trying to figure things out that should just work but don't, because Beth decided to change things for no apparent reason. Good luck with your mod.

True that. I wanted to script something for Skyrim so bad but it was a bit too late for me to keep up so now I decided to jump on the FO4 wagon trying to do something useful.

What I'm working on isn't really my mod per se, but more of a modification of an already existing mod, FourPlay Violate to be exact, since Synths have recently got their tools (Thanks to LegacySlayer's Clamp-Ons) I thought I could take a shot at having FPV support synths and thanks to you everything is now working in order, They've been added as supported race, they're temporarily neutral, and modified some other parameters as well.

Whether or not it'll be shared depends on whether Vinfamy is okay with it or not; He seems to be fairly busy lately and instead of waiting for a version that support synths, I decided to jump in and mod the mod myself hoping to learn as I go along.

I have a couple of new mods that I want to create but I want to be damn sure I know what I'm doing before even attempting to work on something other people will use.

Again, thanks for having my back though. Cheers :)

Archived